Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Ehh, disagree, I'm actually with him on this. There is very little to gain here in terms of tank throughput, and you're likely to lose a lot of that from positioning issues later on in phase 3 with things like tidal force. The amount of stacking also would bait some bad star-crash things, and possibly a comet-killer, which would then ruin your single tank ability.

One wipe on this boss trying to 1-tank if/when something goes wrong is a LOT more time lost than just 2-tanking and 1-shotting it. Not like it's a DPS check at all anymore.
    Oh I was talking about the attitude in general. For twins it is probably more trouble than worth, since tank deaths can actually happen if you one tank it.

Was more referring to the general attitude "We got enough dps". As long as you can get more dps without causing wipes, it is always worth it. If you are causing wipes than you help it is not worth it of course.

For twins I guess it depends on your tank, if your tank can handle to solo tank it and your other tank have a good dps off spec, than it is probably worth it, but for 95% of guilds 2 tanking is probably more worth it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Oh I was talking about the attitude in general. For twins it is probably more trouble than worth, since tank deaths can actually happen if you one tank it.

Was more referring to the general attitude "We got enough dps". As long as you can get more dps without causing wipes, it is always worth it. If you are causing wipes than you help it is not worth it of course.

For twins I guess it depends on your tank, if your tank can handle to solo tank it and your other tank have a good dps off spec, than it is probably worth it, but for 95% of guilds 2 tanking is probably more worth it.
    I'm not even sure it's a case of "if your tank can handle it" you make this one seem so clear cut like bad tanks can't, good tanks can. I consider myself decent enough, I single tank twins normal and I single tank heroic p1 where our DK does Suen kiting. Saying that I'd never want to single tank her in phase 2, it'd just be so awkward with moving between comets to be in the shadow for fan of flames, especially since you usually do the 1 comet for stacks and 1 comet for inferno kind of thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Animma View Post
    I'm not even sure it's a case of "if your tank can handle it" you make this one seem so clear cut like bad tanks can't, good tanks can. I consider myself decent enough, I single tank twins normal and I single tank heroic p1 where our DK does Suen kiting. Saying that I'd never want to single tank her in phase 2, it'd just be so awkward with moving between comets to be in the shadow for fan of flames, especially since you usually do the 1 comet for stacks and 1 comet for inferno kind of thing.
    Sorry, did not mean to imply that. Twins is an odd one, it is more about experience than skill (though skill if of course needed aswell). The fact that it can reliably be solo tanked means that it is some skill involved with it, but it is not a fight that is really straight forward, so it is not a straight good tank = solo tank. If you solo tanked it on normal first you got a huge advantage. All in all I agree with you, it is very awkward moving her, it feels bad, but it is doable, just resetting the stacks on the infernos

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post

I will note here, that Meg seems to be the exception. We're pushing heads so fast now (~30-40 sec) that it throws off our CDs for rampages, and actually makes it harder, lul.

But yeah, like most other posters in the thread, minus OP, we tried 1 tanking Twins, decided it wasn't worth it, and never bothered with it again. Just not much to gain, esp versus how much you can waste with time. I'm not sure how your DPS as the solo tank drops off that severely anyhow, since you should be solo-tanking P1, then taking p3 to 2-3 stacks. But whatever gets you the kill, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Since my alt guilds dps wasn't enough to get suen below 40% with 2 tanks 3 heals i solo tanked and had the feral cat dps(he kited suen in phase 1 for ghosts like usual though).

You just need to have CDs I did it like so:
    1- none (300-350k hit)
    2- none (375-420k hit)
    3- ironbark + barkskin (400-440k hit)
    4- divine prot (420-480k hit)
    5- hand of sac + AM (400-450k hit)
    6- divine prot + vigilance (350-400k hit)
    7- ardent defender (15% hp left)
    8- guardian + iron bark + bark skin (400-460k hit)

Bubble the 8 stack off

1- none (300-350k hit)
    2- none (375-420k hit)
    3- hand of sac (400-440k hit)
    4- divine prot (420-480k hit)

at 530 ilvl with full haste gem no stam trinkets, im at like 701k buffed? 400k hits are nothing even with a 150k white swing at the same time if you always have a 3 stack WoG ready.

Obviously Divine Prot unglyphed and use focused shields + alabastor shield for max dps single target.

For our first kill(I don't have meta gem or cloak) did 227k dps and topped our dps for the fight had no issues with dmg on me because having a constant 300k veng sacred shield + insta 500k WoG after the fan his is like nothing happened. Out of the 8 attempts we tried to solo tank i died once of getting 1 shot and that was because i forgot to unglyph DP.

It isn't hard you just need to use all your cds to live the hits from anyone in raid. Outside raid cds(i used my AM on one but we have a shaman, warrior, druid who can cover all 4 infernos so i used it for one)