Page 1 of 3
LastLast

For the creators of the Tier 16 Warrior 2/4 Set Bonus Combo

I must admit that this set bonus combo is truly amazing. The execute proc is fun because it gives us more options and its even better when nothing is everything is on cd/not procced and it pops up. Although what really got my attention and is an amazing addon to warriors is the bonus rage on Colossus Smash. Thanks to this I don't have one of those random rage starve moments and that burst income of rage makes warriors feel much more fast pace than before because the amount of heroic strikes we can get out.

By far my favorite 2/4 piece combo that has ever been implemented! My hopes are they get a lot of positive feedback and maybe even get added as a passive!

Keep up the great work!

Played around with it a bit on the PTR with 550 itemlevel. Disappointingly I was TG instead of SMF, which reduces the impact of both setbonuses by a small amount, but I can say safely that it's probably the best setbonuses we've had in a great deal of expansions.

The 2-piece setbonus literally makes your priority go from saving rage to colossus smash, to having as little as possible. Charging a dummy and going straight for burst rotation made me end up on 120 rage 4 seconds into the CS debuff, with spamming both heroic strikes and rotation.

The 4-piece, to me, felt a little weaker. I didn't really have that many proccs, although the small amount I had ended roughly on ~5% of my overall damage over the course of 50 million.

What concerns me, again, is how much more viable these setbonuses make SMF than TG. Also, I am concerned it might be considered too powerful, making Blizzard nerf it.

It actually makes Arms a lot more inflated than Fury. Id be surprised if the 2 piece stays in its current iteration for the patch release because it's way too powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    It actually makes Arms a lot more inflated than Fury. Id be surprised if the 2 piece stays in its current iteration for the patch release because it's way too powerful.
    It also makes it mandatory for Arms in PVP. You can sit in D stance all day everyday and generate too much rage to even spend from all the colossus smash procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Akoroth View Post
    It also makes it mandatory for Arms in PVP. You can sit in D stance all day everyday and generate too much rage to even spend from all the colossus smash procs.
    You're kidding right?
    PvP 4 set will still be better.
    There is never an instance where losing so much pvp power is best.

Have you tried it? I'd take 25% DR and much rage versus some handful of PvP power...

I just downloaded the ptr client for the first time to check out these new tier bonuses for myself, and after my first colossus smash on the dummy I was left with the same feeling I had when I pvp'd in 5.0: "Is blizz for real with this?". It was too good to be true then, and it's too good to be true now. Even though I don't even think this would put us on top of the meters, it just feels like way too big of a benefit from two pieces of gear.

Shit, I really hope it stays in because I feel like we could use some love from Blizz these days, but I'll be managing my expectations for now. My guess is they will either make work for either white hits or specials, or they just replace it entirely with something boring.

Deleted
    They are probably just gonna nerf the amount of Rage gained. In general its a fun set bonus that alters our gameplay. They always do that in the last tier to keep us excited and thats why it will stay. If its going to invade PVP then they are probably just going to adjust it to only work in battle/berserker stance...

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    You're kidding right?
    PvP 4 set will still be better.
    There is never an instance where losing so much pvp power is best.
    You basically have infinite rage with the 2 set. Yes i've tried it. If you try to do that currently you will do less dmg than a hunter pet. The 2 set makes every sudden death proc give you 120 rage easily. Also, i think you may have posted in the wrong forums as your sig and avatar implies you are a paladin and of course PVP effects classes better than others.

The day 1,000 PVP power is better than 120 rage (or 100 more likely due to not using the glyph) is the day i say rage is useless

New boni are sick, yeah. Would like something different, though I don't know what.

Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    Have you tried it? I'd take 25% DR and much rage versus some handful of PvP power...
    The 2pt and 4pt will be disabled in arena/bg's etc, blizzard hinted at this already.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crushima View Post
    The 2pt and 4pt will be disabled in arena/bg's etc, blizzard hinted at this already.
    I'd prefer to see a different approach, simply limiting the rage generated to styles rather than all attacks. This would also keep TG & SMF more in line.
    Last edited by mmoc9d5efa7d44; 2013-06-25 at 04:39 PM.

they are adding 10 ilevels for pvp gear over pve.
    and you lose the 4 set bonus.
    that is what i know so far.

Cool.... This 2 pc bonus looks sick way to go blizzard !! Love you guys

so wait wait wait.

The 2pc literally just gives you rage? like they are free and gives you rage instead. i figured it was a poorly worded rage cost reduction. fucking fantastic!

10+ Year Old Account
    New 2p is special attacks and 5 rage, instead of anything and 10 rage. This is still good, and rather expected. With 7-8 abilities (not sure if HL will count or not) it means we'll be going into CS with between 20-30 less rage than we do now and be able to still get in 1x BT 3x RB 3-4HS and a HL every other one, and end with some rage.

Might be BT-CS-RB-BT-RB-RB-BT-RB-WS-BT-Free-Free-BT or so.

Yep was waiting for it, they actually went further with it than I expected though. Now it's more like a small buffer that allows you to lower your HS and WS thresholds a bit and still get a perfect CS with 4x HS. As long as I don't get extremely unlucky noncrit BTs like 5 times in a row I'm usually swimming in rage with my fucking 15% hit 10% haste anyway. I can only imagine another 20-30 ilvls will compound that fact, so whatever, right now I'm more interested in some of these new trinket effects.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mataru View Post
    Yep was waiting for it, they actually went further with it than I expected though. Now it's more like a small buffer that allows you to lower your HS and WS thresholds a bit and still get a perfect CS with 4x HS. As long as I don't get extremely unlucky noncrit BTs like 5 times in a row I'm usually swimming in rage with my fucking 15% hit 10% haste anyway. I can only imagine another 20-30 ilvls will compound that fact, so whatever, right now I'm more interested in some of these new trinket effects.
    Only 10% haste? O.0

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Only 10% haste? O.0
    Only 9.32% to completely accurate. Talonrender hc + tier shoulders hc are my best combo atm, which also makes me have to use tier head instead of Golden Golem. Our gear is practically the same with the difference that you have tier chest + centripetal shoulders.
    Last edited by Mataru; 2013-06-28 at 05:54 AM.

That looks sick http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/102298-5-...-boss-x-loot-x wonder what the 6 abilities are a 12 sec cd on CS would just be crazy. Or maybe its just 3x banner+reck+bloodbath+dragonroar still quite nice like 109 sec cd on reck instead of 180.