Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    The Blood Elves are the ones that turned its back on the Alliance, not the other way around.
    That's a matter of perspective. From the Blood Elves' perspective, the Alliance turned its back on them. From the Alliance perspective, the Blood Elves turned their backs on the Alliance. Neither is completely right, and neither is completely wrong. Both are emotionally invested in being correct.

However, Alleria wasn't involved in any of that and I have no idea why she'd be held accountable for what happened when she was trapped on Draenor.

Being trapped on Draenor isnt hiding in the human world.
    Pretty much that.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss View Post
    Let's suck demons and naaru, it is all humans' fault.

Blood elf logic.
    Naw it is more like, human orders the execution of their crown prince and 15% of their remaining population. Night elves later invade and Dwarf ambassador spies, that drove the blood elves to the horde.

Not to mention the most demon sucking elves are in the Alliance, right in Darnassus, I present the Shen'dralar
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2013-06-24 at 05:09 PM.

Blood elf logic.
    If they hadn't been betrayed by Garithos that would've never happened

Blood elf logic, seriously did you any of you people defending him ever play the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Whats the reason for this thread though? Is there a mention of Alleria somewhere in MoP that I missed?
    No there isn't, it is pure speculation and the op's personal opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    The Night Elves would never become friendly with the Blood and High Elves, they'll never forgive either of them. The only reason they don't attack the High Elves is because that would lead to the Night Elves getting kicked out of the Alliance and left for the Orcs to annihilate.
    You mean they same way that they will never forget the Highborn... oh wait, but they already did!

OT: The Alliance didn't turn their back on the Blood Elves, it was the other way around, even though it was because Garithos was a racist batard. That happened after the 3th War.
    Alleria is a MIA 2nd War hero and one of the High Elves greatest rangers and generals, who has nothing to do whith what happened betweeb the Blood Elves and the Alliance.
    Probably if she comes back she will be neutral because in the end both the High and the Blood Elves are her people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats the reason for this thread though? Is there a mention of Alleria somewhere in MoP that I missed?
    I assume it's simply because with 5.4 on the PTR people feel the expansion is almost over, hence they're looking towards the next expansion which we've been told will have Alleria and Turalyon.

Anyway I understand why some Blood Elves would want her. I just flat out disagree with it.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    That's a matter of perspective. From the Blood Elves' perspective, the Alliance turned its back on them. From the Alliance perspective, the Blood Elves turned their backs on the Alliance. Neither is completely right, and neither is completely wrong. Both are emotionally invested in being correct.
    The High Elves left the Alliance after the second war, so the Alliance were under no obligation to help the High Elves when they got attacked by the Scourge. The Alliance couldnt anyway, seeing as how Lordaeron was pretty much destroyed first while the Elves did nothing. But hey, at least the Blood Elves blamed the Stormwind Humans who werent involved, instead of the Lordaeron Humans who 'betrayed' them, who they are somewhat still allied with through the Forsaken.

High Elves have a long history of blaming everyone else for their own problems, most of which they brought upon themselves.

10+ Year Old Account

Blood elf logic.
    You know that the one who pushed them there was Garithos right?... and no i don't blame him for everything, he may have started it but he's not to blame, i don't blame him for what the BE did to the Naaru, but i do blame him for the fel magic the BE comsume, why? cause he was the one who puched them to join Illidan and that's what Illidan gave them, but then everything that happened after that is the BE fault

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NecroGangster View Post
    Probably if she comes back she will be neutral because in the end both the High and the Blood Elves are her people.
    I'd rather see her as an Alliance hero who is involved with quests that involve the two elven races. She doesn't have to be neutral to have to work with them. Having an Alliance hero who's heart is split because of her people's animosity towards each other is an interesting narrative. Also with the events in Dalaran the embers are still very much hot concerning the subject.

10+ Year Old Account
    As little sense as this whole premise makes, I cannot deny that I would /maniacallaugh if Alleria joined the Horde.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    I assume it's simply because with 5.4 on the PTR people feel the expansion is almost over, hence they're looking towards the next expansion which we've been told will have Alleria and Turalyon.

Anyway I understand why some Blood Elves would want her. I just flat out disagree with it.
    What I want is Alleria being a member of the Alliance, but having a major mental breakdown because of what happened to her people and her family and she should try to mend bridges between Quel'thalas and the Alliance and flat out refuse to fight them.

10+ Year Old Account
    The High Elves left the Alliance after the second war, so the Alliance were under no obligation to help the High Elves when they got attacked by the Scourge. The Alliance couldnt anyway, seeing as how Lordaeron was pretty much destroyed first while the Elves did nothing. But hey, at least the Blood Elves blamed the Stormwind Humans who werent involved, instead of the Lordaeron Humans who 'betrayed' them, who they are somewhat still allied with through the Forsaken.

High Elves have a long history of blaming everyone else for their own problems, most of which they brought upon themselves.
    You know they are allied with the forsaken because:

1- The forsaken leader is Sylvanas, and she's considered as a hero by the BEs

2- The forsaken have many fallen BE soldiers who fought the scourte to protect Quelthalas. (That's lorewise, in game most of the forsaken NPCS are humans, without counting the Dark Rangers)

The high elves did help,through their allies the Kirin Tor and there were priests to investigate the plague. In fact both sides don't owe anything to one another and label each other traitors, which is kinda amusing.

If Jaina wasnt incharge of Dalaran there would continue to be a neutral center for elves.

So what im suspecting needs to happen, is that Dalaran 2.0 gets made. Then enigma's like Alleria have a place to be.
    Dalaran should remain solely Alliance and the blood elves should found another magi order to counter it.

Deleted
    The Blood Elves are the ones that turned its back on the Alliance, not the other way around.
    Not true, the Alliance turned their backs on the Highelves and on Lordaeron. They did nothing to support the Elves against the LichKing and when the Sunwell was destroyed or when Lordaeron was levelled.

Garithos was being mind controlled by Sylvanas, the alliance didn't shit on the bloodelves, then again you cant exactly blame her because I doubt her former brethren would of stood by idle as she massacred Garithos and his troops if she hadn't first turned them against each other.

I doubt Alleria would ally with the bloodelves anyway, she was alliance she hated the Orcs and after her portal travel I doubt she thinks to fondly of demonic corruption either.

She might not be hostile toward the elf's that joined the horde but you can dam sure bet she would be siding with Vereesa and the alliance over Sylvanas and those who allied themselves with the Orc's/trolls/goblins .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    What I want is Alleria being a member of the Alliance, but having a major mental breakdown because of what happened to her people and her family and she should try to mend bridges between Quel'thalas and the Alliance and flat out refuse to fight them.
    No, i actually want her to be mad at the BEs for what they did, but i also want her to question herself if they are trully at fault or not...

Also i want to see the Windrunner's sisters reunion... i really want to know what happen

---------- Post added 2013-06-24 at 11:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    Garithos was being mind controlled by Sylvanas, the alliance didn't shit on the bloodelves, then again you cant exactly blame her because I doubt her former brethren would of stood by idle as she massacred Garithos and his troops if she hadn't first turned them against each other.

I doubt Alleria would ally with the bloodelves anyway, she was alliance she hated the Orcs and after her portal travel I doubt she thinks to fondly of demonic corruption either.

She might not be hostile toward the elf's that joined the horde but you can dam sure bet she would be siding with Vereesa and the alliance over Sylvanas and those who allied themselves with the Orc's/trolls/goblins .
    Nope, Garithos was mind controlled after that, all he did was because he was a racist asshole

Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post

Whatever you just smoked I want some of it. But honestly Sylvanas never mind controlled Garithos, he was in controll of himself during the blood elf campaign he became later the puppet of Detheroc and Sylvanas actually freed him ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    No, i actually want her to be mad at the BEs for what they did, but i also want her to question herself if they are trully at fault or not...

Also i want to see the Windrunner's sisters reunion... i really want to know what happen
    Given Sylvanas had literally nothing to do with Alleria when Alleria was a character - due to Sylvanas not being one at the time - I find the desire to see how they "react" to each other to be amusing.

They are essentially the same character, except one went grimdark while the other got married and had kids. It would be pretty awesome if Alleria is the next master Cook trainer.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post

We already have Vereesa for that, she should be the mediator, who tries everything to "fix" it.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceape View Post
    Not true, the Alliance turned their backs on the Highelves and on Lordaeron. They did nothing to support the Elves against the LichKing and when the Sunwell was destroyed or when Lordaeron was levelled.
    Did you even play warcraft 3? The sequence of events roughly is this.

Humans help protect Quel'Thalas in the second war.
    Elves blame humans for Quel'Thalas being attacked and leave the Alliance.
    Humans get decimated by the Scourge.
    High Elves get decimated by the Scourge.

The Alliance were in no position to help the High Elves, seeing as how they were pretty much scattered and destroyed already. No thanks to the High Elves who barely helped at all.