Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Rogues are very gear dependent; I don't know what these people are smoking.
    When the second post of this thread said Rogues I started laughing so hard. We do scale very, very well with gear but the first few months of MoP were insanely rough for me. I was doing less damage than tanks, and now I'm generally top DPS in every raid because I finally got caught up in gear.

DKs do insane dps without much gear, whenever everyone is BiS their DPS isn't anything special. Until then though, it's nuts.

Frost mage, frost DK and destru locks

Deleted
    Frost Mage!
    They have interesting scaling... you dont have to care about crit because of Shatter, you can get decent hastevalues thanks to Frostarmor even with <500ilvl gear.

I can't imagine BM Hunters and Rogues being good without gear... most of their DMG is basically Weapondmg and Attackpower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Casters seem to do better than melee however from what i can remember from playing my unholy dk that was pretty good at dpsing after being newly dinged.

I would say currently it has to be festerblight unholy Dks , if you don't have feather you can't play that style , that's pretty gear dependent to me !

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say destro lock

Frost DK is pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    DK...always a safe bet.
    I don't know what you guys are talking about, DKs scale terribly. They do very well and top charts at the beginning of every expansion (especially frost) and then they poop out to the bottom every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    DKs do insane dps without much gear, whenever everyone is BiS their DPS isn't anything special. Until then though, it's nuts.
    This

pull up raidbots and look at the very first tier of an expansion. What ever specs are the highest require the least amount of gear,

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Well, are they still good dps? I mean they dont fall behind do they? Being average in dps is still good...

Quote Originally Posted by spoolatarygos View Post
    Rogue
    Are you kidding me?

Rogues are very gear dependent if not purely because of Haste. At low gear levels, Rogues suffer terribly because they just don't have the amount of energy they need to do their full rotation properly.

The problem is so severe, that Blizzard (Ghostcrawler, I believe) has stated before that they may need to fix how Rogue & Haste values work, or every expansion buff Rogues an amount at the start, and nerf later on when Gear levels the playing field.

My bet would be frost dk. Easy, simple, not really gear dependant.