What will the next expansion be?

Hey guys,

Just coming out of retirement. I don't really like Mists but I'm almost convinced the next expansion will have to deal with the return of the Burning Legion. Anyone disagree? Other options are:

-Emerald Dream
    -Old Gods
    -Titans (would probably be involved with Burning Legion return)
    -Azshara

What do you think?

No one knows, it could be something you mentioned, something different they hinted, or something totally not even thought of. Pretty sure though everyone had said Burning Legion or Emerald Dream would be the next expansion for forever now, even before Mists.

Burning Legion please <3
    Loved fighting demons.

Deleted
    A lot of signs point at Burning Legion aka fight between Light and Darkness and these other options don't feel likely especially considering that nobody really liked underwater zones.

But who knows they might pull another Pandaria somehow. (Expansion nobody really thought about)

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Huh? What? Another one of these?

Well let's see. Wrathion said something evil was coming, and showed GREEN METEORS bombarding Azeroth. Metzen said we would be seeing Alleria and Turalon again. And Blizz entertained the idea of bringing Kazzak back.

Yeah, I'm betting on the Legion.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Huh? What? Another one of these?

Well let's see. Wrathion said something evil was coming, and showed GREEN METEORS bombarding Azeroth. Metzen said we would be seeing Alleria and Turalon again. And Blizz entertained the idea of bringing Kazzak back.

Yeah, I'm betting on the Legion.
    I hadn't heard any of that. EEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! BC was the best xpac for story imo. Everything tied together well and you actually cared about rep and advancing the story.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Comfortable View Post
    I hadn't heard any of that. EEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! BC was the best xpac for story imo. Everything tied together well and you actually cared about rep and advancing the story.
    Well with regards to rep, that's a gameplay element not an actual thing related to the Legion.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    What do you think?
    I think you should learn to use the search function before making a thread like this.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ight=expansion

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Next+expansion
    and these are just the ones who have next expansion in the title you could easily post your added thoughts in one of those

Burning Legion, Demon Hunter class added. Wouldn't mind seeing 2 new races but the DH class is a priority.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I think you should learn to use the search function before making a thread like this.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Next+expansion
    and these are just the ones who have next expansion in the title you could easily post your added thoughts in one of those
    Why don't you kiss my ass?

Infracted.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2013-06-24 at 08:09 PM.

Emerald Dream has been my guess.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Hopefully something new. The legion, old gods and titans are getting old at this point.

I really hope it's Azshara.

I think it'd be awesome to go back to a main/expac antagonist. I think it'd be even more cool if that main expac villain was a female wreaking havoc on Azeroth.

I thought legion at first, but now I think it'll be Azshara/N'zoth (with the Emerald Dream being a zone/raid like the thunder isle). Being that the legion is supposed to be summoned to Azeroth, I think it's possible to have an expansion on Azeroth about their invasion. With the tomb of Sargaras out in the south seas and what not, it can be connected. Then we can have a follow up expansion where we invade the legion homeland.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Emerald Dream has been my guess.
    Didn't malfurion clean up the emerald nightmare in/before cata? Don't think we will ever see an emerald dream expansion. Now maybe a raid to fight the old god that caused the nightmare. I could see that.

---------- Post added 2013-06-24 at 07:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tarrlogar View Post
    I thought legion at first, but now I think it'll be Azshara/N'zoth (with the Emerald Dream being a zone/raid like the thunder isle). Being that the legion is supposed to be summoned to Azeroth, I think it's possible to have an expansion on Azeroth about their invasion. With the tomb of Sargaras out in the south seas and what not, it can be connected. Then we can have a follow up expansion where we invade the legion homeland.
    I would like to see azshara...but f some underwater zones. The naga would have to be invading the land and/or rising part of the ne kingdom out of the depths for that to be a decent expansion. I will tell you right now...if I have to swim an entire expansion I will not play until the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by dave214 View Post
    Didn't malfurion clean up the emerald nightmare in/before cata? Don't think we will ever see an emerald dream expansion. Now maybe a raid to fight the old god that caused the nightmare. I could see that.[COLOR="red"]
    Nope. He pushed the Nightmare back, but it's still there, and may already be advancing again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why don't you kiss my ass?
    We do have enough threads regarding possible expansions as it is, and in the future please be more polite than this.