Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Giving up on the Guardling.

Hi everyone.

I spent days camping with three characters, i just found one Guardling and i got killed by a douchebag during the process. Pet despawned.

This has become really dumb. Can anyone confirm if Blizzard is really looking to shorten the respawn timer on the pet? 'Cause i saw it written somewhere, but it's hard to believe.

Deleted
    just wait a couple weeks and enjoy your empty spawn spot.

It has only been out a few days and is out for a few months, just give it some time for most people to get it then you can have your turn.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Or CRZ with a battletag friend on a small realm pool. There's only ever like 6 ppl tops out in silithus on my realm even with CRZ, so I was able to fly out there and get one immediately.
    Those who you know as Warlocks are your Salvation through Destruction. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

PvP servers are absolute hell. If you have the option, either avoid it or come back in a few weeks.

Honestly this is going to get me some hate, but I was leveling my monk yesterday in Tanaris on Kil'jaeden. I ran by AQ saw a few campers and no Guardling, so I left did some quests, and the next round of quests that brought me back down there (maybe 10 minutes later) I checked again saw more campers, and one of them was doing a counter clockwise lap of the area ran by the raid on the left, I went clockwise, and as I ran by the raid on the left one spawned right in front of me (white quality, but who cares cause battle stones). So the point is don't force it, just let it happen. You def get it eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowJester View Post
    Honestly this is going to get me some hate, but I was leveling my monk yesterday in Tanaris on Kil'jaeden. I ran by AQ saw a few campers and no Guardling, so I left did some quests, and the next round of quests that brought me back down there (maybe 10 minutes later) I checked again saw more campers, and one of them was doing a counter clockwise lap of the area ran by the raid on the left, I went clockwise, and as I ran by the raid on the left one spawned right in front of me (white quality, but who cares cause battle stones). So the point is don't force it, just let it happen. You def get it eventually.
    I wouldn't give hate towards that. You got lucky and RNG worked in your favor. Props for your victory overall! Everybody will get it eventually. It is a rare spawn after all like that plague drake (or whatever it was in Icecrown back when mop dropped) and it is even worse since it has been active for only 3 days when pet hunters need that pet only for the zookeeper achievement.

It is so worth doing a DK on a Brazil or LA server.

I got minfernal on the second day I made my DK. I got a rare minifernal after about 2 weeks of logging in for 5 mins a few times a day.

All of the other semi-annoying pets are easy to get. It literally takes about 2 hours to finish the DK starting zone, and another couple hours to get flight training at 60. With full rested exp, and tanking, it is taking no time to get to 90. If you are serious about pet collecting, this will be the best use of time ever.. because you know this problem will repeat itself in the future. Also it is great for the BMAH...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, i give up... for now.
    Surely i'll check after a month from now, but that's damn annoying.
    I mean, it took one travel to get the Unborn Val'kyr, and now i (like many out there) am stuck against... a seasonal pet?

...that sounds a bit wrong in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Yes, i give up... for now.
    Surely i'll check after a month from now, but that's damn annoying.
    I mean, it took one travel to get the Unborn Val'kyr, and now i (like many out there) am stuck against... a seasonal pet?

...that sounds a bit wrong in my opinion.
    It's rare. Rare means hard to find. If everyone got it first day or their first trip, then it wouldn't be rare and it wouldn't be worth what it is.

Give it time and try farming on off-hours, or just after a reset. Pick a night you can stay up late and try to outlast the other campers. Or, just get lucky

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Hi everyone.

I spent days camping with three characters, i just found one Guardling and i got killed by a douchebag during the process. Pet despawned.

This has become really dumb. Can anyone confirm if Blizzard is really looking to shorten the respawn timer on the pet? 'Cause i saw it written somewhere, but it's hard to believe.
    lols, ive been killing / attacking people who are fighting it for a few days now! much fun!

if you want it, just wait a few weeks for the crowds to go. i got my rare one last night.
    dragonmaw - EU

I don't know if you knew this, but there are at least 2 servers that do not CRZ currently: Ravenholdt (US) and Venture Company (US). Both are RP-PVP though lean more toward Horde, so if you make a Horde DK you will probably not have too much competition. I was able to get one the other night there. Or wait a few weeks -- which I know isn't easy, as a crazy pet collector myself
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Deleted
    i just find it a bit weird, that they made it a rare spawn pet on top of the fact its seasonal.

i dnt mind seasonal pets, actually would like if there were a few more.
    and i also dnt mind rare pets like minfernal.
    but too combine those 2 is a bit much in my opion, and a poor way to go.

I engaged 4 Qiraji Guardlings and got killed by the opposite faction in the process. Not only have they interrupted me but they also killed the pet, something tells me they're there just to annoy the campers rather than get one. Fifth pet that I engaged was a success though so I'm glad it's over, it was definitely more annoying than Minfernal and Unborn Val'kyr.

I got mine yesterday. I made a DK on low pupulated Spanish server named Shen'dalar (maybe wrong spelling but u got the idea) and leveled it to 58 lvl then i went to AQ and i was all alone. There was 1 spawn (green) and i got mine and the ach World Safari. So if u play on EU realms go ahead and try this method it may work for you just fine .

Quote Originally Posted by hitandruntactic View Post
    you have until winter to obtain it upon which the season shift goes to the winterspring owl.
    You mean Autumn. If the Guardling was up all the way 'til winter, all this wank would have happened last year. Mists launched immedately after summer ENDED, so no one could get this pet until now.

But I digress; you'll still have plenty of weeks to nab this little bugger, just keep checking back every so often.

10+ Year Old Account
    I decided to be a complete douche at one point - was camped by a bunch of opposite faction members while looking for the guardling on a 59 DK, so at one point I saw one of the guys in combat against a guardling and I interrupted him and killed the guardling with Howling Blast. Then they really started hating me, so I logged off, logged back on the following day and I found a guardling for myself without interruptions
    My magic will tear you apart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    lols, ive been killing / attacking people who are fighting it for a few days now! much fun!
    It's because of a genius like you i've lost my only chance at it. I believe it's real fun to have a stranger wait who knows how many more hours farming something just because, eh? Bwahahahahah! Fun.

(Yeah, it happened today, still burns.)

I have two guardlings. If you don't give up, you'll get one.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Blizzard finally admitted their math was wrong, and increased the damned spawn rate.
    I still didn't check, but I hope it's more on the ground values now. Making people chose between completing an achievement by looking an empty landscape for hours, or play the dozens of fun activities was a bad design from start.