Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I want to go play GW2 again but they make it hard.

Yeah i was going to go back and play GW2 but there is one major flaw i can no longer remember my log in password i go to recover it and they want the serial number from the game. This as you may no was lost cause i bought it digitaly and im sure is located in my account info which i can not log on because account password is lost. and there help service blows so hard because i can not talk to a person directly. so this is my last shot if this does not work im never going to try again if anyone can help me on the matter be much appreciated. GW2 wants a big fan base they need to get there head out of there butt and fix this crap they call help service.

It's in your email. they sent you a serial code when you purchased the game digitally. if you deleted the email, then it's your fault not theirs.

Deleted
    Where did you buy it from? Do you not have the original email? You could search for that as it's likely to have the serial number in it.

But anyway, I'm pretty sure that if you send them a support ticket with a scan if your id and you have access to your email account to speak to them on, then they will help you out no problem.

Here, check out this link. Arenanet has explained how to deal with the situation on their forums. https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...erial-number-s

thx for info but i give up things are way to confusing and i refuse to pay for another copy gw2 wonders why it will never be at wow level, i have never had these problems with wow once

My account got stolen and they pretty much refused to give me account access, pre-ordered collectors edition had original serial and paypal details, yet because their was more than one I.P that had logged onto the account they said they won't help due to 'legal' reasons, contacted support many times but gave up :L
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

you sound like a tool

Please post productively and refrain from insulting other posters. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2013-06-24 at 09:52 PM.

I had the same exact problem a couple of months ago after coming back to the game from an extended break. I contacted customer service, which was very pleasant, and had my account back in less than 10 minutes. Do you actually want your account back ASAP or are you trying to create as much drama as you can throughout the process? I mean, people give you multiple working suggestions and you seemingly refuse to look into them.
    Last edited by Snivena; 2013-06-24 at 09:05 PM.

1) Since you bought it digitally, you were sent an email with a copy of your serial number. Now, that email explicitly stated that it was important to hold onto that number, as you'll need it in case you lose access to your account.
    2) If you did lose the s/n, that's on you, but there's still plenty of other information you can provide them (when you created your account, the account name + 4 digit number, character names/profession pairings...probably even a real-life ID will work). You just need to prove to them that your account is, in fact, your account. Blizzard has the same requirements of you proving that you're you, but they tell you straight up that they need your ID, rather than having flexible requirements.

(I guess the same "issue" some people have with level 80 (lack of direction) applies to their support, they don't expect to have to hold their customer's hands.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually buy digitally. For some reason with GW2 I bought a physical copy and when I had to perform the password reset a while back that required the CD Key I could not have been more happier with that decision. The funny thing is I don't know what possessed me to drive the 35 miles to BestBuy.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I wanted a refund before the game released they couldn't find my details, when I wanted to get my serial number after I somehow lost/didnt recieve it they found my details within a few days...was a bit odd, but Anet do make it awkward compared to some games, but kudos for them finding it the second time at least.

Deleted
    So because you are too stupid to remember your password even after they made it clear that you need it later and you blame Anet? Please, do not buy the game and please give up since GW2 does not need people like you joining the community...

Deleted
    Soo many fan boys in this thread running to anets protection. They don't need you to do that for them, they pay their own people to do that...

OT: You can probably verify that you'r the rightful owner by sending them a scan of your ID. I was smart enough to write my serial code down on a piece of paper but I can really understand that people would lose their emails. I mean I have about 1000 unread messages in my inbox, it would be like finding a needle in a haystack. Why don't they just have secret question like every other game?

Quote Originally Posted by ridish View Post
    Soo many fan boys in this thread running to anets protection. They don't need you to do that for them, they pay their own people to do that...
    I know right? I mean it's super hard to click on a link and then follow those instructions.

hell, cooking Ramen noodles is harder than that

Expecting people to keep track of something they purchased, and giving them options when they don't, is being a fanboy?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Expecting people to keep track of something they purchased, and giving them options when they don't, is being a fanboy?
    "If you deleted the email you got with it, that's your problem. Unlike WoW, ArenaNet expects a little intelligence from their playerbase, and I hope it stays that way."

This is not fanboyism to you? Obviously it's his problem for losing the email but why does this guy find the need to attack a game with a playerbase of around 9 million players and insult each and every one of them?

Seriously just help they guy out, theres no need of going "ooh you cunt you lost the email you'r a bloody idiot" I think he already knows that he made a misstake and he doesn't need you guys to tell him that. And TBH it's very easy to lose track of an email.
    Last edited by mmoca9bf05c4ed; 2013-06-25 at 08:21 PM.

"If you deleted the email you got with it, that's your problem. Unlike WoW, ArenaNet expects a little intelligence from their playerbase, and I hope it stays that way."

This is not fanboyism to you?
    The first sentence is perfectly fine, and entirely true. Especially considering the email says
    Save this e-mail for reference.
    The second sentence is borderline, but more lacks tact than being fanboyish.

OT: You can probably verify that you'r the rightful owner by sending them a scan of your ID. I was smart enough to write my serial code down on a piece of paper but I can really understand that people would lose their emails. I mean I have about 1000 unread messages in my inbox, it would be like finding a needle in a haystack. Why don't they just have secret question like every other game?
    If you have that much issue scanning through your emails you might want to organize them better. For me it's as simple as a quick search in my gmail for "Guild Wars CD Key" and it stands out because I tagged it with a "Important Gaming" tag. Took less time to find it then it probably took you to write your response.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheule View Post
    So because you are too stupid to remember your password even after they made it clear that you need it later and you blame Anet? Please, do not buy the game and please give up since GW2 does not need people like you joining the community...
    Thats another one for you, Rhandric.
    I do however think that it's quite obvious that this thread got a few fanbois and I think that, if you find the need to, we can continue this discussion in PM sine it really doesn't have anything to do with OP's issue

---------- Post added 2013-06-25 at 08:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Occasus View Post
    If you have that much issue scanning through your emails you might want to organize them better. For me it's as simple as a quick search in my gmail for "Guild Wars CD Key" and it stands out because I tagged it with a "Important Gaming" tag. Took less time to find it then it probably took you to write your response.
    I don't have a problem since I saved it on my computer and wrote it down in my phone + on a piece of paper. However I can see why this problem would arise.

Also regarding the bold part. Why do you find the need to write that? It holds no relevans to this discussion whatsoever and could be found mildly insulting.
    Last edited by mmoca9bf05c4ed; 2013-06-25 at 08:34 PM.

Your e-mail provider doesn't have a built in search?
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.