Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Bolvar.

Because chaos.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Darion Mograine will take it back and be like Sir Zeliek of the Four Horsemen in Naxx. A Death Knight wielding the power of the Light. After all, his father did say he'd one day wield it and mete out justice. Aside from the battle where he became a DK, he hasn't done that yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by jai151
    Garrosh Hellscream, because when the world's already gone to hell, it takes a special kind of orc to make it worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    There must always be an Ashbringer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Quote Originally Posted by Taium View Post
    Darion Mograine will take it back and be like Sir Zeliek of the Four Horsemen in Naxx. A Death Knight wielding the power of the Light. After all, his father did say he'd one day wield it and mete out justice. Aside from the battle where he became a DK, he hasn't done that yet.
    I don't think his dad was a prophet or expecting him to become a death knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    I don't think his dad was a prophet or expecting him to become a death knight.
    Still doesn't mean he can't repo it after Old Man Fordring kicks the bucket. For all we know after the DK starting zone those two had a Goblin Lawyer draw up a contract saying Darion gets it back after Tirion's done with the whole Scourge dismantling
    Quote Originally Posted by jai151
    Garrosh Hellscream, because when the world's already gone to hell, it takes a special kind of orc to make it worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Turalyon is as old as Tirion now, so I don't see that happening. Besides, he's already got a legendary weapon - the Royal Great Sword once wielded by Lothar.
    What?? I thaught he was about 20 during second war. In tbc Mage in Honor hold says 20 years has passed, so hes about 40-45. It's still age that warriors are at his best.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    I'd assume it would stay with the Argent Crusade. Regardless it's not like it came from space, it was made by a dwarf so someone else could just make a better one.
    It's not that easy lol, it wasn't "just" made, there was a lot of things that went into the making of that blade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post
    What?? I thaught he was about 20 during second war. In tbc Mage in Honor hold says 20 years has passed, so hes about 40-45. It's still age that warriors are at his best.
    Yeah pretty sure he's in his mid-forties. Tirion is in his sixties.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    It's not that easy lol, it wasn't "just" made, there was a lot of things that went into the making of that blade.
    Can't be that hard to convince a dwarf his brother is dead.
    Last edited by leaks; 2013-06-25 at 07:57 AM.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmot View Post
    When the time comes where Tirion is claimed by the master of death, blizzard will find a way to make Ashbringer a legendary reward of a horribly hard, long, and painful quest line which will test the player's skill and only 1%~ or less of the playerbase will wield.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA! one can only wish. Tirion will live forever.
    It's probaly going to be a 9 month long raidfinder quest.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    They will raise onyxia again in the chamber of the new lich king and let it drop as a "Legendary"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    They will raise onyxia again in the chamber of the new lich king and let it drop as a "Legendary"
    Frost Wyrm Onyxia with three heads, player-grabbing valkyr whelps, and the fight takes place on randomly crumbling platforms!

Ok, firstly, Alexandros Mograine was not a prophet. When he said that Darion would one day wield the Ashbringer, he did so on the assumption neither would become Death Knights. He made a promise, not a prophecy. Those are different in that a promise can be broken, or the circumstances that allow it to be fulfilled can change. Pretty much like a farmer telling his son that 'one day you will run this farm', without knowing that a month later, said farm would be burned to the ground.

Secondly, the uncorrupted Ashbringer turns undead to ash. Hence the name. Death Knights are undead, so Darion even touching it at this point would be excruciating at best.

So that's Darion Mograine as the next wielder of the Ashbringer out of the way...

Tirion may be old, but he's not *that* old. Hey may retire, yes, but I doubt he's going to just fall over from old age any time soon. And even so, if he retires, it may just be solely from active combat. Which he seems to be doing rather little of as it is.
    IF he retires, though, and passes on the Ashbringer... we seem to be short on well-known paladins who have a history of fighting the Scourge. Liadrin pops to mind, but that's about it.
    They could also just keep the sword within the Argent Crusade, as a symbol, without an actual wielder.

My money is that it will either pass to another high ranking member of the argent crusade or to another paladin on par with Tirion to properly wield the weapon Turalyon comes to mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Bolvar.

Because chaos.
    The Ashbringer is gonna be one confused sword with being holy then corrupted then holy before reverting again!
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

10+ Year Old Account
    When Sylvanas defeats the Argent Crusade for interposing in her expansion plans, she personally will end with the old Tirion Fordring with the bow she picked up from the cold hands of his sister Vereesa after killing her. The sword of Tirion, the Ashbringer, will be collected by the survivors of the Argent Crusade, escaping in disarray after the defeat.

Later, Sylvanas will manage to take all the Frostmourne fragments for reforge the damned sword again, this time being she herself its wielder. But her ambition does not stop there, after conquering all of Lordaeron her next target will be the Frozen Throne...

Nevertheless, when all the work done by the Argent Crusade was about to be lost, when the hope of restoring Lordaeron to its former glory was about to dissipate forever, an enigmatic heroine will appear from the shadows ... someone who claims to be the legitimate heir to the throne of Lordaeron.

She's the Queen Calia, she is back, and this time not as a pampered princess, on the contrary, she has turned into the image of what should have been her brother. The Queen Calia promises clean all the undead from Lordaeron with the power of the holy light, honoring thus her father and all her ancestors: she seeks to recover all of what her brother defiled.

Every day more people support her, even she is forming her own army, an army from the remains of the Argent Crusade and the Scarlet Crusade: the Scarlet Dawn, which is causing skirmishes against the Forsaken forces here and there all around Lordaeron, a partisan warfare tactic that is exhausting the patience of Sylvanas.

The wrath and contempt that Queen Calia feels towards the undead is atrocious: she considered them the perpetrators of the state in which her former home is now and aims to eradicate all of them with or without the support of the Alliance and against all the opposition of the Horde.

However, everything changes when the Queen Calia encounter a forsaken prisoner in particular, someone who with, despite his rotten appearance, the Queen will be familiar, is it possible that there is still some of the old citizens of Lordaeron alive in these walking corpses?, is it possible that they could be redeemed? The Queen Calia is more confused than ever.

But her fate was written: a legendary weapon has chosen her as its bearer and so, she will be who will face the Banshee Queen herself ... she will be the new ... Ashbringer.

Two vindictive women, two epic swords, face to face for the control of one kingdom ... coming soon ... only in World of Warcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd assume it would stay with the Argent Crusade. Regardless it's not like it came from space, it was made by a dwarf so someone else could just make a better one.
    Aaaaaaactually there's this really well-rounded theory that the Dark Crystal that turned into one of Light (which was used as the basis for the Ashbringer) was actually a shard of a Naaru, so technicallyyyy....
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Aaaaaaactually there's this really well-rounded theory that the Dark Crystal that turned into one of Light (which was used as the basis for the Ashbringer) was actually a shard of a Naaru, so technicallyyyy....
    Not space as Space, but other dimension for sure, as Naaru are interdimensional beings, so it makes it even more cooler.

Anyway, I think there is one way to deal with it, put it in cash shop and rename it to the legendary blade of trade chat and general forums - THE CASHBRINGER.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

Deleted
    I get it, thats what happens.

Made by a dwarf....? Yes it was forged (the sword itself) by a dwarf. But the power it has, has nothing to do with the sword itself. That has everything to do with an "evil" artifact found by Mograine on the battlefield vs some orcs. A warlock dropped it. And he picked it up, cursing his hand/arm while doing so without a glove.

Years went by and finally someone got the idea of fireing a spell of light at the object. Which it absorbed. Then everyone present did the same and voila... it got turned into the orb of light, which was then smacked down by Magni into a flat circle.

So yeah the blade itself could be made better perhaps (even tho Magni said it was the best sword he had ever made). But not the power it has...
    Last edited by Vaelorian; 2013-07-30 at 12:19 PM.

I think Darion should have it. His father said to him:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashbringer
    My son! My dear, beautiful boy.
    Nothing could have kept me away from you, Darion. Not from my homeland and family.
    Darion Mograine, you are barely of age to hold a sword, let alone battle the Undead hordes of Lordaeron. I could not bear losing you, even the thought...
    My son, there will come a day when you will command the Ashbringer, and with it mete out justice across this land. I have no doubt that when that day finally comes, you will bring pride to our people, and that Lordaeron will be a better place because of you. But, my son, that day is not today.
    Do not forget...
    I'd definitely see him with Ashbringer once more. And I' want him to fight with Sylvanas in the Lordaeron.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2013-07-30 at 12:12 PM.