New computer build

Seeing as how this is going to be my first build, I wanted to get some feedback. I've already ordered all the parts for it, and are as follows:

My Computer Build

Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor
    Heat Sink: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R2 Continuous Direct Contact 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler
    Memory: CORSAIR XMS3 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
    Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
    Video Card: ASUS GTX770-DC2OC-2GD5 GeForce GTX 770 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready SLI Support
    Keyboard: Microsoft SIDEWINDER X4 Keyboard
    Hard Drive: Western Digital WD Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
    Power Supply: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 750W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply
    Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Black 3500 dpi
    Monitor: ASUS VH242H Black 23.6" 5ms HDMI Full 1080P Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 ASCR 20000:1 (1000:1) W/Speakers
    Tower Case: NZXT Phantom PHAN-001WT White Steel / Plastic Enthusiast ATX Full Tower Computer Case

I think it's not too bad for a starting build and with a budget of around $1300(although it's taken me almost a year to get everything).

What do you guys think?

And before you ask, why didn't you ask us earlier about suggestions, keep in mind, I just joined the site yesterday.

I'm not sure why you would pair a $80 CPU with a $400 GPU, seems a bit off balance.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

It's taken me almost a year to get all the parts I need for this computer build of mine, and with the limited income that i have, i'm content with what I've gotten. I've had a chance to play on a friend of mine's computer, and he uses most of the parts that he recommended to me, and they seem to hold up just fine. Later on, I plan to upgrade what I have once i come into a little more money, but for now, this is what will be getting me started.

And most games that he has, he can play them on max settings, like Skyrim, Saint's Row 3, Dead Island, Bioshock Infinite, etc.

Deleted
    Not really sure what you're looking for with this thread since there is nothing we can do about it now. We can critique your build and then you can defend your choices? After all you're content...

PSU major overkill and considering the motherboard offers no SLI support that's not the reason.

CPU is kinda out of place in that system, yes I'm sure it'll be decent but it's still a somewhat odd choice everything else considered.

I can see how piecing this together over such a long time might have affected the final outcome.

Decent quality components all around.

Consider getting an SSD next 120-250GB even though it won't affect performance in games directly it's still a very nice addition to any system.

Go post your build with pictures in the "Post your gaming setup!" thread so we can see the final result

I'll try to get some pics up on friday, or after i get past the 10 msg min post on this site.

One question i do have, is why do most people add a SSD drive to their builds?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clutch84 View Post
    is why do most people add a SSD drive to their builds?
    They're fantastic. While not a 'performance' part (as in gaming performance), they make your computer quality of life soooo much better. Programs load near instantly. Worlds and levels load quickly. It's just nice. I used to pooh-pooh SSD's, but then I got one, and will never build a system I use again without. I got my girlfriend one, and she couldn't be happier with her photo editing work loading instantly.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

To notarget, and chazus, thanks for the input. I'll definitely consider getting one, once i can get some more disposable income my way.