Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by soulyouth View Post
    just wow, not that many dailies in wotlk....

Someone never stepped foot in icecrown or stormpeaks.
    I think he's talking about feeling like you HAD to do them, in wotlk it felt more like an option. I stopped doing dailies in wotlk and never did them again. So mind numbingly boring and repetitive I should of got the insane achievement for them.
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Krolikn View Post
    Hes not up to date on endgame content. He admitted it himself. His opinions don't hold much weight anymore...
    So you need to be a hardcore raider with all achievements just to form a general opinion of WoW on Youtube? Kinda reminds me of the PVP elitism that you can't post anything unless you're 2400 rating and multi-glad

I respect WowCrendor for his opinion but I disagree with some of them. I think he is just burnt out on WoW and the MOP storyline simply didn't click with him. I for one love LFR and it's what keeps me interested and playing along with more solo and small-group content instead of the raiding focus all the time for previous expansions.

I used to be pretty hardcore raider back in BC, but simply don't have time now due to job, family, etc. If WoW remained the same throughout all these years, I don't think I could have kept playing, and a lot of players are in the same boat as me.

Crendor is also one of the few big-name Youtubers that stuck with WoW for this long, big kudos for that. Jesse Cox stopped playing WoW, Totalbiscuit stopped playing WoW. Even though WoW is still the #1 MMO, it has gotten old and people move on. And there's nothing wrong with that. The simple fact that WoW has kept people playing for 8 years is testament that it's an amazing game.

But people won't play this game forever. It's not anybody's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by blackhammer99 View Post
    Obviously its too linear when you don't actually play the game.
    Jesse was in my guild since Cata, and even he didn't really play the game.

You can't log on twice a week, only do the raid, log off, then talk about how you don't think the game is going in the right direction.

Crendor is even worse.
    Jesse would bring him around all the time too.
    He never pvped, never raided, never did cmodes, never did achievements, never did pet battles, never did ANYTHING.
    How can you say the game is too linear if you don't actually explore it?
    This. 100% this. How can you write a quality book report if you only read the first and last 5 pages of a 1,000 page book? The answer is you can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Heywoods View Post
    This. 100% this. How can you write a quality book report if you only read the first and last 5 pages of a 1,000 page book? The answer is you can't.
    I imagine you could probably read the first 5 pages of Twilight and realise it's utter shit, or at the very least, that it's not quite the book you're after.

I don't know if I murdered the analogy there.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Heywoods View Post
    He's not writing a book report, he is simply voicing an opinion. Where did you get that idea?

And the content he experiences is the same as 90% of the player population. That's enough to form an opinion of WoW in general.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post

And the content he experiences is the same as 90% of the player population. That's enough to form an opinion of WoW in general.
    90 percent of players don't play 90 percent of the game, then complain the game is boring to them.

Why not actually try the things that have been added?
    THEN you have enough to form an opinion of the game.
    It has changed, and MoP now adds more content in each patch than they did in all of BC.

If people actually played it they would know that.

Quote Originally Posted by blackhammer99 View Post
    90 percent of players don't play 90 percent of the game, then complain the game is boring to them.

Why not actually try the things that have been added?
    THEN you have enough to form an opinion of the game.
    It has changed, and MoP now adds more content in each patch than they did in all of BC.

If people actually played it they would know that.
    The majority of playerbase partakes in simple LFR, casual PVP, and solo content.
    If the game offers things that most people don't try or are not interested in, that's the problem with the game, not the players.

That is why Blizzard is constantly trying to remodel the game to keep WoW relevant. Sometimes it alienates a few people (like Crendor in this instance) don't like how it turns out, and that's fine. Sometimes it alienates a lot of people (like the beginning of Cata with harder dungeons), and Blizzard realizes this and makes a big U-turn.

I feel like WoWcrendor had some valid points and that Wrath was the closest we came to a perfect Xpack. BC/Vanilla were very hard and inaccessible. In Wrath anyone could get into raiding as long as they put forth a little effort and there were still plenty of guilds that never downed Arthas. Also Wrath had the amazing atmosphere that crendor described and I believe that video games can often cover up bad gameplay with a good story and wrath had that in a lot of cases, it did have dailies and no they were not as mandatory but it was more dungeon grinding in the LFG for rep/badges but it was covered up by the atmosphere of you and your friends working together to get into ICC and finally take down Arthas.

In MoP/Cata we never had that, In Cata we saw Deathwing in the first patch and then he was MIA until 4.3 and we never really got the motivation to take him down, he never really felt threatening after the initial Cataclysm whereas you could not escape Arthas he was in a couple dungeons and in various quest chains throughout Northrend and other than Ulduar which was a masterpiece everything was buildup to the final battle with him.

MoP in my opinion suffers from the same problems that Cata had but worse being that there was no real lore backing to it. We arrive on Pandaria and spend the first patch helping these panda's overcome their feelings and then are left with a ton of dailies in order to get them to like us. Then 5.2 rolls around and we are sent to deal with the Thunderking who once again we never heard of before 5.0, and now we are finally returning to something with some actual lore behind it in SoO and we'll have to see how that turns out.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    He's not writing a book report, he is simply voicing an opinion. Where did you get that idea?

Maybe my analogy sucked, but I was just trying to emphasize that Crendor experienced a small portion of MoP & has built an opinion about the entire expansion from that very small sampling of the content. If all MoP had to offer was 5.1 daily quests from hell, & the 5 man dungeons, ya I would have thought this expansion sucked, but that isn't the case. Challenge modes, brawler's guild, & the world pvp/bosses are just a couple things that I have really enjoyed the hell out of & made MoP one of the more memorable expansions in my eyes.

Wait a minute he has played since vanilla doesn't that his opinions trump all?

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    His voice annoys me turned it off after like 20 seconds.
    This. I cannot stand his voice, he sounds like a mentally handicapped person.

Quote Originally Posted by Xl House lX View Post
    Man I usually like his videos because he is a good voice actor, but damn his voice was so damn shaky in that video and his "uhhs" made me want to falcon punch my monitor.
    Then you may not want to listen to his podcast Cox 'n Crendor in the Morning, cause that's what he sounds like when he doesn't have a script in front of him.

Deleted
    Yea, because nobody can deny the sheer superiority of grinding dungeons with a full tabard wardrobe attached when compared to going out into the world and do dailies. I mean, come on, going out, doing dailies, being in the world.. That's not MMO at all. We all know the MMO genre just got better by mindlessly queueing and teleporting into dungeons and afk'ing in the capital in between.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goremonger View Post
    To be honest I doubt one person here watched this video, besides me. You read what OP said and automatically went on a rampage flaming crendor and your only topic you even mention is linearity. Haha
    I'm trying to make it through his video but it's boring and shallow as crap. So I'm not going to make it.

don't really agree with him saying that wrath had good lore. It could have been done much better, and the "final raid" of the expansion should have been much bigger.

Icecrown Citadel should have had at least 4 more bosses and been 10 times bigger

I played while Hurricane was a balance talent. Bow before my seniority.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's simple, he's feeling the same feeling I feel regarding MoP whether he can correctly explain himself or not. The game just isn't fun, it just isn't. I could elaborate but the amount of times I've already done that on these forums is of a big numerical value.

This may sound stupid but I'm playing on a Vanilla server completely Blizzlike and I'm enjoying it, weird right? And I've been playing for about a month and still can't get enough of it, Vanilla wasn't bad, you guys are just saying it's bad because most of you never had the joy of playing it therefore you dick on it.
    Hey everyone

I've played all WarCraft games before World of Warcraft even launched. So my opinion must be god-like?

I watched about four minutes and got tired of his meandering, unentertaining babble. TL;DW 'This was old and therefore good, that is new and therefore bad.'

I do wonder, though, about the shift we're seeing in some games coming out towards more sandbox-style gameplay and if that approach is going to bite harder in the more linear gameplay model that WoW touts nowadays. Time will tell, I suppose.