Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnarch View Post
    ... Plus the fact that you may never get a drop, whereas in the LFR of Dragon Soul, you could eventually roll higher than the others and take that loot.
    I just did a single LFR on DS, and I had no idea why there was no loot and all I got was these bags with a few gold in them, so it was the same back then, or?
    Well, if I do all the ToTs, I usually end up with getting an item or two that week, which I guess is more than I could expect when doing normal raiding. In ICC, where you could PUG a grp which could go at least as far as the professor, I almost never got any loot, I just basically bought my tier gear with JP.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    There IS a catch up mechanic in place...

Key to the Palace of Lei Shen

thats all

10+ Year Old Account
    When my alts ding 90, they are ToT LFR ready within a day, it's so easy.

I think the fault is within yourself if you can't work out how to gear up fast in MoP.

The HoT 5 mans were also with the last patch of Cata and were horrible 5 mans, some of the worst made ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    Or, my alternative steps:
    1: Resub. See wall of boring grinding.
    2: Fuck that. Buyers remorse on game card. Log out.
    3: Play Mass Effect.
    you forgot
    4: Wow community celebrates having 1 less lazy player who would whine about a little work taking too long.

its simple, if you dont want to work for something, dont do it. you must not want it bad enough if youre not willing to work for it.

Quote Originally Posted by zloitima View Post
    First of all, let me say I love MoP, current raids, not frustrated with dailies, there is no negativity in this thread.

But here's what I noticed. Back in Cata, when there were HoT dungeons which gave same ilvl gear as previous raid(Firelands), I had 6 maxed out characters, I ran DS 6 times on LFR, 3 times on normal, 1 time on heroic. Every single week. I played enormous amount of time.

Now in MoP I only play my main. I want to play my alts, I want to run ToT as many times as I can. But I just can't get myself to gear them all up. I know it's not hard now, with higher drop chance in old LFRs and HSs. But this randomness just makes me give up.

Again, I love the current situation in WoW, just smth that made me wonder, how many people are like me?
    It is called burning out.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian23 View Post
    All you've done is get people to 490. The grind is no longer getting to 490, within the first day I got my Warrior to 480 from just running MSV and HOF with the Extra Rolls. The issue is getting past the 490 plateau, its a whole nother monster.
    Heroic Scenarios say hi.

First one is a sure 516 (due to quest) and you get to do one each day. Mi hunter in 503 now and has 6 pieces of 516 loot and this is the third lockout at 90. Have done lfr just once and maybe ~10 heroic scenarios.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mat cauthon View Post
    but for the sake of being through ill list it clearly,
    -make sure to get mogu runes every week (gl with the low drop chance)
    -find pug groups for ToT or a guild with promise and a opening (haha good one, you have better chances to get lightning strike you)
    -/pray often to the rng gods (....)
    -continue to do oon and nalak for 522 world boss loot (gl with the low drop chance)
    -run heroic scenarios daily for chance at 516 epics (this is really the only viable way, but also depends on drop chance)
    ----------

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    I just did a single LFR on DS, and I had no idea why there was no loot and all I got was these bags with a few gold in them, so it was the same back then, or?
    Well, if I do all the ToTs, I usually end up with getting an item or two that week, which I guess is more than I could expect when doing normal raiding. In ICC, where you could PUG a grp which could go at least as far as the professor, I almost never got any loot, I just basically bought my tier gear with JP.
    When DS LFR appeared it was different. After every boss 2-3 items appeared and you could roll on them if your role was the appropriate (healers can roll on spirit gear, tanks on gear with dodge, block, parry, etc). The only downside was that there could be another 5 people that wanted a specific drop. However you got to see the drop and some of the players had their teammates to roll on the items they wanted for increased chances.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnarch View Post
    When DS LFR appeared it was different. After every boss 2-3 items appeared and you could roll on them if your role was the appropriate (healers can roll on spirit gear, tanks on gear with dodge, block, parry, etc). The only downside was that there could be another 5 people that wanted a specific drop. However you got to see the drop and some of the players had their teammates to roll on the items they wanted for increased chances.
    And everyone rolled on everything, whether they needed it or not. The 400+ geared ppl were the biggest ninjas, rolling need on 384 items.

I play a lot less, and it's simply explained: I think that homogenizing all gear progression into several raid modes was a crappy idea. I always loved 5 mans, since Vanilla, and they always mattered more to me than raids. In MoP, the whole concept of having 5 mans in the game has been totally screwed. There were too few 5-mans at launch to begin with and they didn't do any new ones throughout the expansion, which is kinda crap.

They're ultimately useless anyway, as it just isn't a viable option to gear up via valor anymore if you're a moderate player. Justice points have been stripped of all puprose, the valor cap is nonsense and the miniscule amount of points you get for completing dungeons just makes it pointless. Having to do 20-30 dungeons, over an artificially stretched timespan due to the cap, just to be able to purchase one single decent item is pretty much a stick without the famous dangling carrot on it. You're just not getting anywhere.

I quit organized raiding in Cata and did LFR here and there - but I'm just not interested in hanging out in raids all the time, perhaps even on multiple characters. It's kind of ironic that Blizzard initially intended MoP to be the expansion where you were supposed to have a lot to choose from and do stuff the way you prefer, but the way things are now, actually the only reasonable way to progress your character are raids, either the LFR or the normal/heroic versions. That's too boring for me.

I guess they just totally lost control over all those item levels, confusing progression paths, several point/badge/coin systems and factions.
    Last edited by Pull My Finger; 2013-06-25 at 08:31 AM.

having alts gives options and that keeps people playing. Having to grind multiple reps on multiple characters has stopped most of mine at 80 or 85 since the expansion landed. I had enough grind in vanilla and TBC (quest chain attunements, keys, keys for heroics for multiple alts etc). Had hoped this game had gone beyond the grind fest it inherited from EQ days and expectations.

they are at the ToT lfr point, if they cant take it from there, theres no help for them. i give advice, its more then im required to, if they cant at least play their own toon and find their way into raiding well that ones on them despite what some are claiming its not hard to get into a group without absurd ilvs, granted it may not be a clear group for ToT but at 490-500 ilv if youre expecting a clear you better break out your wallet and be ready to pay up for a carry.

but for the sake of being through ill list it clearly,
    -make sure to get mogu runes every week
    -find pug groups for ToT or a guild with promise and a opening
    -/pray often to the rng gods
    -continue to do oon and nalak for 522 world boss loot
    -run heroic scenarios daily for chance at 516 epics

not much to do after 490, its the easy yet long because luck and networking capabilities take over whereas the journey from fresh 90 to ready for it is far quicker if slightly more complicated.
    the grind after 490 is the problem with catching up atm. I returned to the game about a month and a half ago, i've run lfr ToT for the last 4 weeks and i have only gotten 1 single item. From world bosses i have only gotten pvp items and running heroic scenario every single day since i hit 480 has only given me 3 items, and pugging normal ToT with around 496 itemlevel is pretty much impossible.

10+ Year Old Account
    you forgot
    4: Wow community celebrates having 1 less lazy player who would whine about a little work taking too long.

its simple, if you dont want to work for something, dont do it. you must not want it bad enough if youre not willing to work for it.
    ...Mmmm... Delicious internet sanctimony.

If I felt even remotely like I had to defend my opinions, personality or work ethic to a forum stranger I might say something like I give 110% to any group I'm in, am happy to put in a lot of hours at my own pace on something (especially with a group of friends or good guildmates where there's some camaraderie) but I find tedium and arbitrary repetition to not to actually class as "work". Just wasted time.

But, yeah.... Continue making derisive and ill-informed assumptions about people you don't know on face value. Let us know how that works out for you.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Deleted
    Catching up is insanely easy. A friend of mine his account got hacked like yesterday, we boosted him upto 90 from 80 and he managed to get enough gear to get in ToT LFR on the same day as he dinged. At this moment he has 10 hours /played on his character, 6 of which were leveling him up. The other 4 he just bought some pvpv crafted gear of AH and spammed dungeons.
    then he grabbed the key to lei shen's palace, took as many golden charms he could get and then progressed through the T14 LFR. In order to get him up to 480, we just farmed the rare mobs in Krasarang that drop the ilvl 483 pvp trinkets; with two of them he got the required ilvl for heroic scenarios and tot lfr.

You don't even need to do any dailies, you can kill rares for lesser charms as well, but you might need some help from friends to kill them swiftly, like we did.

After that it is basically just do LFR, do your daily heroic scenario and possibly be on the lookout for Openraid pugs to do for old content. You can still get pretty decent gear from HoF and ToES, especially if they do the elite version, and the set bonuses are still pretty good if you want to catch up quick.
    The problem is really the legendary quest chain, altho they made it quicker by reducing the valor needed for the second part and increasing rune of power/wisdom droprates (got 7 of each within first week of doing LFR + toes normal and MSV on my DK, who dinged 4 days ago which is now 496 ilvl).
    A lot of it depends on luck tho, for example, I had the best luck in the world on my DK, got like 5 items from ToT LFR from using one coin.
    Last edited by mmocfce925a786; 2013-06-25 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    And everyone rolled on everything, whether they needed it or not. The 400+ geared ppl were the biggest ninjas, rolling need on 384 items.
    On my chars I tend to get necklaces/cloaks/bracers, so basically everything that I can, (or already did) buy from SPA. Oh, and I have, and using Mogu runes on alts too.
    So it's like 10% overall drop rate (1-2 loot per week), and within the 10%, the USEFUL drop rate is like 10-20% (useful loot every 3-4 week).
    Is it better than the old system?

Deleted
    you forgot

its still a game though, and its supposed to be fun, I see the ops post as just another thing wrong with the LFR, and as someone who resubbed last week i have to agree with him - the gear that drops there is so much poorer than the current tier that it is almost impossible to get out of lfr and into raids - it would literally take me all summer to get a decent ilevel to get a group to take me - now why is lfr in the game? is it only to trap the worth players and keep them out of the general raid community? because atleast in cata a raid finder bit of loot could be a good upgrade and a step towards getting into a real raid group, now its just pretend loot
    nice im fully geared from LFR, this will make raiding lfr easier next week, rather than, im lfr geared i can move into normals

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbear View Post
    Catching up is insanely easy. A friend of mine his account got hacked like yesterday, we boosted him upto 90 from 80 and he managed to get enough gear to get in ToT LFR on the same day as he dinged. At this moment he has 10 hours /played on his character, 6 of which were leveling him up. The other 4 he just bought some pvpv crafted gear of AH and spammed dungeons.
    then he grabbed the key to lei shen's palace, took as many golden charms he could get and then progressed through the T14 LFR. In order to get him up to 480, we just farmed the rare mobs in Krasarang that drop the ilvl 483 pvp trinkets; with two of them he got the required ilvl for heroic scenarios and tot lfr.

You don't even need to do any dailies, you can kill rares for lesser charms as well.
    Yeah but I guess your friend's goal is not to be ready to ToT LFR (well, maybe it is), but to be ready to raid ToT, or gearing up for SoO (lfr/flex/normal whatever)? Like others mentioned, it is not the 480-part catchy, but to get to 500+. The sucky-soup comes with ToT Lfr.
    My main realm is not relevant to pug ToT, but I placed an alt on a high pop server, and for normal ToT, they expect you to have 500-505-510 ilevel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    On my chars I tend to get necklaces/cloaks/bracers, so basically everything that I can, (or already did) buy from SPA. Oh, and I have, and using Mogu runes on alts too.
    So it's like 10% overall drop rate (1-2 loot per week), and within the 10%, the USEFUL drop rate is like 10-20% (useful loot every 3-4 week).
    Is it better than the old system?
    Better than Cata yea, but the huge ilvl jumps between gear now negates that.

They need to cut down the ilvl jumps.

Something like LFR + 7 = Flex + 7 = Normal + 7 = HC would be way better.

---------- Post added 2013-06-25 at 10:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Yeah but I guess your friend's goal is not to be ready to ToT LFR (well, maybe it is), but to be ready to raid ToT, or gearing up for SoO (lfr/flex/normal whatever)? Like others mentioned, it is not the 480-part catchy, but to get to 500+. The sucky-soup comes with ToT Lfr.
    My main realm is not relevant to pug ToT, but I placed an alt on a high pop server, and for normal ToT, they expect you to have 500-505-510 ilevel.
    500-505 is recommended lvl to start TT normal, as defined by blizz, 505-510 is for the later bosses in the instance, nothing wrong with asking for that. Asking for achievements of the targeted content is ridiculous and inacceptable for guilds/pugs to do though.
    Last edited by mmoce2d1b37428; 2013-06-25 at 08:45 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Ninjas are everywhere however. I remember doing 5-mans and get my items ninja'ed. This is an unfortunate side effect of grouping with strangers. But LFR was not supposed to be the main way to gear you character. Its initial purpose was for players to see the content. And now they are forcing this content by making it essential in the gearing process.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    No idea what you're talking about, catching up now is easier than ever. Do dailies for 2 days, get tokens, go into LFR, get gear. The older LFRs give a ton of gear, it's insanely easy to max out Valor with heroic scenarios (another quick way to get loot, they take what, 10-15 minutes?) and then buy Valor gear.

You say that there's more RNG now, but it's the same. Doing the heroics in Cata was just as RNG for loot as it is now, the only difference is you could run the same dungeon over and over in the same day. You could hit 90 on a character today, and be ready to raid normal ToT in probably 10 days. You get 1-3 pieces of gear per LFR now, so do them all twice and you can easily queue for ToT LFR, then do that and get a piece or two, plus Valor to fill in what you're missing, and you're basically ready for normal ToT.

I plan on leveling a Monk starting tomorrow, and I have no doubt that I can be raid ready in less than a month, from a level 1 character. Figuring it takes 2 weeks to hit 90, that should be about accurate, assuming I don't stop from boredom or find something more interesting to do.
    Do not under any circumstances roll a WW monk. If you're anything like me you'll get so used to rolling, lusting and kicking your way about the landscape you won't be able to play any other class.

Anyway. I've found that, with so much to do and work towards on my main I've been massively put off alts. I think it's just because I'm actually satisfied with just my main and that any desire to have an alt is just out of habit.

The fact that Flying Serpent Kick isn't given to every character doesn't help however.