Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mnaaucici View Post
    You really must have 505 plus i lvl, especial if you are a DPS class. DPS makes most bosses in 10 man just /Smile to face. That is the reason that there are no Pugs at all to run ToT. Not because there are no players ( I am from mid pop server). Just because there is missing catch up mechanic to gear an alt to 500 plus ilvl in 2-3 weeks. Also run LFR takes ages ( I am queing as healer) and bad luck just makes you angry. This is whole hate to LFR. LFR in cata was much much much faaaar better ( even HC ppl rolls to LFR items for friends).
    You are so incredibly wrong. It is very very easy to get to 500+ ilevel within 2 or 3 weeks. You do realise that the Isle of Thunder is basically a giant Elder Charm vending machine? With this and the 3 mogu coins it is very simple to reach required item level within a short period of time. If you're the lazy kind of player who doesn't want to queue and kill bosses then too bad, you don't deserve to raid normals.

PS I'll post it again KEY TO THE PALACE OF LEI SHEN

Quote Originally Posted by zloitima View Post
    ...I know it's not hard now, with higher drop chance in old LFRs and HSs. But this randomness just makes me give up.

Again, I love the current situation in WoW, just smth that made me wonder, how many people are like me?

Same reason I dropped my subs a few months ago and haven't returned. You're not alone in those sentiments.

Having said that, WoW is a hard act to follow and I've yet to find a comparable replacement.
    I used to be snow white, but I drifted...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuesday View Post

Same reason I dropped my subs a few months ago and haven't returned. You're not alone in those sentiments.

Having said that, WoW is a hard act to follow and I've yet to find a comparable replacement.
    I suggest Rift, I play both

First of all, let me say I love MoP, current raids, not frustrated with dailies, there is no negativity in this thread.

But here's what I noticed. Back in Cata, when there were HoT dungeons which gave same ilvl gear as previous raid(Firelands), I had 6 maxed out characters, I ran DS 6 times on LFR, 3 times on normal, 1 time on heroic. Every single week. I played enormous amount of time.

Now in MoP I only play my main. I want to play my alts, I want to run ToT as many times as I can. But I just can't get myself to gear them all up. I know it's not hard now, with higher drop chance in old LFRs and HSs. But this randomness just makes me give up.

Again, I love the current situation in WoW, just smth that made me wonder, how many people are like me?
    MoP, even now, certainly suggests that life is easier when you focus on a main character. Part of that definitely stems from how easy the prior jump from dinging 85 to DS LFR was.

I'm leveling alts here and there, but they're basically stopping at 90, awaiting whatever's in store for the next expansion. None of this content is particularly fun for high replay value.

I'm not a huge fan of Cataclysm as a expansion but I agree. I played Cataclysm more than I play MoP although I love MoP more, lately I've been logging only few times a week.

I love the heroes in this thread who either are too stupid to see the gearing process is more difficult than Cata/Wrath, or are Blizzard apologists and can find no wrong in anything.

The fact is Blizzard has said the gearing process is more long winded this expansion, and it's working as intended to get people out into the world. I personally think it's part of the reason the sub drop is more dramatic in this expansion than previous ones, even though MoP it's arguably regarded as one of the best.

Although, only Blizzard truly knows why people quit.

First of all, let me say I love MoP, current raids, not frustrated with dailies, there is no negativity in this thread.

But here's what I noticed. Back in Cata, when there were HoT dungeons which gave same ilvl gear as previous raid(Firelands), I had 6 maxed out characters, I ran DS 6 times on LFR, 3 times on normal, 1 time on heroic. Every single week. I played enormous amount of time.

Now in MoP I only play my main. I want to play my alts, I want to run ToT as many times as I can. But I just can't get myself to gear them all up. I know it's not hard now, with higher drop chance in old LFRs and HSs. But this randomness just makes me give up.

I hit 493 on my hunter in about a 2 weeks. You can get right into LFR tot in less than a week if you are lucky and by vp gear. Its not hard. now wainting hours and hours to get into ToT is painful

Despite everything that's been done to remedy it, Cata (and Wrath) was much more alt friendly.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree that playing alts to the same level as a main character is basically not feasible without your entire life's worth of time to devote to the game...but it's because there is so much content and no catch up, not just because there is no catch up. I have 5 90s, 3 of which can run ToT in LFR. Only one of them was leveled 'recently', the others were leveled on the intial content patch which only had dailies to do.

The reality is that there are a lot of systems that aren't as friendly as they used to be in how you choose to spend your time. I think it was a mistake to make all daily currencies reward only the charms for ToT rolls. You should be able to choose which rolls you want. It's very frustrating to do a million dailies as a fresh 90 to get a bunch of charms you can't use for anything until your gear gets better.

Doing activities now should reward you gear that is applicable. Sure, people say to just go to ToT, but the experience for a fresh 90 out there is less than pleasant. Additionally, capping valor is harder than ever it seems. Not only do you have to do a myriad of activities a day, but you can't choose when and how to accomplish that. They should have never left the system where you get 7 bonus pts a week, so that you can choose when to run them. That makes no sense to me.

Instead we're back to having to log on and do 1 dungeon, 1 scenario, x dailies, x other activities in order to cap your valor for the week. Otherwise you are just grinding at incredibly low rates and it isn't fun. Now don't get me wrong, I'm completely enjoying playing the game, but I can't focus on alts really at all. I feel like there is always too much to do and never enough time or ways to do them.

Whether this is because there's finally a lot to do or because the design is to blame, idk. It certainly could be better.
    BAD WOLF

How to catch up:
    - Get key from isle of thunder
    - Do loot scenario for 20 x t14 coins
    - Get full lfr gear in the first week. Save 2 coins for Sha and Galleon
    - Do Nalak, Sha, Galleon.. Oondasta if you can handle the wipefest

I have many friends with fully geared alts, all needed to raid in case certain classes become better. I even have one friend with 11 fully geared 90s. Eleven. He's on maybe 20 hours a week, does challenge mode carries and doesn't play beyond that. He whispered me just a few days ago, "lol dude 497 ilvl in 15 hours played, come at me brochacho".

Some of you guys should try listening to what people are saying. There's a very set and obvious path to gear up that can be accomplished in less than a day. LFR has made it quite an easy task to gear up, coupled with coins and many different avenues to choose from besides LFR (valor, honor, dailies, world bosses, conquest, heroic scenarios etc.). Catching up to current content is just as easy or easier than Cataclysm was if you know what you're doing, which has been echoed in this thread countless times now. If you refuse to read the advice that is being given and continue complaining, I really don't know what to tell you.

I agree that having to valor cap on all your alts can be frustrating, but with heroic scenarios capping valor is incredibly fast and easy. And to be perfectly honest, you really don't have to cap valor on every last one of your alts if you're a casual player. You really don't.
    Last edited by Aschark; 2013-06-25 at 03:42 PM.
    my rank 1's from years ago don't mean dookie now lmao

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziharkk View Post
    Some of you guys should try listening to what people are saying. There's a very set and obvious path to gear up that can be accomplished in less than a day.
    You should probably take your own advice. Many people have stated it is difficult because they don't enjoy doing the way it is set up. You even stated it yourself that there is a set and obvious path to take to gear up. You ever think people don't enjoy this path and would prefer to run dungeons or do dailies or *insert activity here* instead of being forced to jump through a static hoop that regardless of what you say is determined by chance?
    BAD WOLF

I just recently leveled a warlock to 90 and in 2 weeks I am 500 ilvl. It's really not that hard unless you're lazy. The real problem lies with the gap to go from ToT LFR to normals. Unless you have friends willing to take you along then get used to being 50 ilvls behind all the heroic geared raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    ...Mmmm... Delicious internet sanctimony.

If I felt even remotely like I had to defend my opinions, personality or work ethic to a forum stranger I might say something like I give 110% to any group I'm in, am happy to put in a lot of hours at my own pace on something (especially with a group of friends or good guildmates where there's some camaraderie) but I find tedium and arbitrary repetition to not to actually class as "work". Just wasted time.

But, yeah.... Continue making derisive and ill-informed assumptions about people you don't know on face value. Let us know how that works out for you.
    My comments are based off of your post and the way you come across. stating that upon seeing it requires more effort then queuing for 50 heroics to get caught up (in truth it doesnt take more effort its just not so mind numbingly simple anymore)

After all with nothing other then:
    Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    Or, my alternative steps:
    1: Resub. See wall of boring grinding.
    2: Fuck that. Buyers remorse on game card. Log out.
    to go off of even you have to admit, if only to yourself because god forbid you admit you were wrong on a board of strangers, that you come across as some lazy scrub unwilling to put a little work into a game to do what you want to do.

---------- Post added 2013-06-25 at 02:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by undercovergnome View Post
    its still a game though, and its supposed to be fun, I see the ops post as just another thing wrong with the LFR, and as someone who resubbed last week i have to agree with him - the gear that drops there is so much poorer than the current tier that it is almost impossible to get out of lfr and into raids - it would literally take me all summer to get a decent ilevel to get a group to take me - now why is lfr in the game? is it only to trap the worth players and keep them out of the general raid community? because atleast in cata a raid finder bit of loot could be a good upgrade and a step towards getting into a real raid group, now its just pretend loot
    nice im fully geared from LFR, this will make raiding lfr easier next week, rather than, im lfr geared i can move into normals
    lfr was made for the people who cant commit or make it on a real team, inadvertently it has also become a stepping stone and catchup mechanic for players coming back.

it never ceases to amaze me the number of people who want a 'iwin' button that gives them all BiS gear. If you cant find a team to run with make one, if you cant find a guild wanting another raid team make your own... heck you dont even have to go that far you can make a team from players of all different guilds via the forums and trade chat and bam problem solved. The problem isnt the game, the problem is players unwilling to put in the effort to get what they want, this is World of Warcraft NOT World of Welfare you get what you earn, nothing more, nothing less.

and please quit with the poor me stories, ive been a guildmaster for 4 years and do more work for a game in a single day then most regular (non hardcore) players have to put in in a week to be able to raid.

---------- Post added 2013-06-25 at 02:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ziharkk View Post
    I have many friends with fully geared alts, all needed to raid in case certain classes become better. I even have one friend with 11 fully geared 90s. Eleven. He's on maybe 20 hours a week, does challenge mode carries and doesn't play beyond that. He whispered me just a few days ago, "lol dude 497 ilvl in 15 hours played, come at me brochacho".

Some of you guys should try listening to what people are saying. There's a very set and obvious path to gear up that can be accomplished in less than a day. LFR has made it quite an easy task to gear up, coupled with coins and many different avenues to choose from besides LFR (valor, honor, dailies, world bosses, conquest, heroic scenarios etc.). Catching up to current content is just as easy or easier than Cataclysm was if you know what you're doing, which has been echoed in this thread countless times now. If you refuse to read the advice that is being given and continue complaining, I really don't know what to tell you.

I agree that having to valor cap on all your alts can be frustrating, but with heroic scenarios capping valor is incredibly fast and easy. And to be perfectly honest, you really don't have to cap valor on every last one of your alts if you're a casual player. You really don't.
    well said, and vp capping on alts is cake valor of the ancients buff (what is it 50% bonus valor long as 1 toon on that realm is capped) + heroic scenarios (10-15 minute runs that give 70, or 105 vp with buff for a failed timed run, or 100/150buffed for a successful timed run vp capped in 2 hours not counting the initial daily run with bonus vp) and problem solved.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aùssa02 View Post
    Step by step guide inc:

1: Farm HC's to get JP
    2: Turn JP into HP
    3: Buy 476 gear from HP
    4: Go into MSV RF
    5: Aquire gear from Valor and the easy rep on IoT
    6: Aquire avg. ilvl 470
    7: Go into HoF and ToE RF
    8: Farm Rep/more gear from JP->HP
    9: Reah avg. ilvl 480
    10: ToT RF
    11: Repeat these steps for 1 more week then skip step 1-9 and start buying one ilvl 522 piece every 2 weeks and go ToT RF.
    12: ???
    13: Profit.
    Translation.

1. Hit 90

2. Farm Heroics

3. Farm Dailies

4. Farm LFR

5. Repeat 3-4 until you have reached the current tier.

6. Raid
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Catching up in Mists wasn't very alt friendly at all, but that has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Translation.

1. Hit 90

2. Farm Heroics

3. Farm Dailies

4. Farm LFR

5. Repeat 3-4 until you have reached the current tier.

6. Raid
    TBC and WoTLK model:

1. Hit 70/80

2. Farm Heroics

3. Farm Heroics

4. Farm Heroics

5. Buy gear

6. Get carried in pug

7. Raid

Not much has changed.

I prefer the old ways of catching up to current content. Wrath had ICC 5 mans/emblem of frost gear to normal and then on.
    Cata had hour of twilight dungeons ---> raid finder ---> normal ---> heroic.

There is the problem that those 5 mans were easy and that is understandable. So a simple solution would be NOT allowing it to be in LFG and be harder. So you would have to get a group together for it that way the people who dislike LFG can get a taste of the old ways again. And you won't have blood elf dks named Ärthás running around deathgripping and failing hardcore. The system could be 5mans ---> raid finder ---> normal. I suppose

Deleted
    I've yet to try Mists, thinking about buying it but then again..

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    One side complains about no catch-up mechanic, the other side complains about lack of progression and the invalidation of older raid tiers.
    Because its circular. The people who want to catch up have no one to really help them get their, while the people who can help them tell them to do the older tiers yet...there's no one to do it with them.

All the guilds "worth a damn" anymore are filled to the brim with spare players who use to be able to have their own guild, in my eyes there's a disparagingly small middle class in WoW now a days. You're an LFR raider or you're a Heroic Raider and if you want to take the jump, you have to suffer and pray for good fortune from the RNG Gods to do it.