Release the kraken...

... from its pain! Burns my soul to see it dying there every morning and evening. Why is Blizzard hurting animals like this?

I want to know what a story behind it, coz there isn't any quest (for alliance atleast)for this telling how it was impaled coz on stage 1 it wasn't there

Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    I want to know what a story behind it, coz there isn't any quest (for alliance atleast)for this telling how it was impaled coz on stage 1 it wasn't there
    According to comments on WoWhead, based on the color/design of the spear, this MIGHT be the same one that snatched up Neptulon in the Throne of the Tides dungoen in Cataclysm. It appears Neptulon escaped and heavily injured the beast in the process, and it then wound up on the Isle and succumbed to its wounds.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosWolf View Post
    According to comments on WoWhead, based on the color/design of the spear, this MIGHT be the same one that snatched up Neptulon in the Throne of the Tides dungoen in Cataclysm. It appears Neptulon escaped and heavily injured the beast in the process, and it then wound up on the Isle and succumbed to its wounds.
    If that's true, that's freaking awesome.
    Butts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazroshka View Post
    would be freaking awesome indeed! !!!1!
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

I don't think that this is Ozumat. For one, it would probably name it so, and Ozumat was much larger than this kraken.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    The story is that the troll War party right next to it up on the shore, attacked it.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Hirv3s View Post
    Why is Blizzard hurting animals like this?
    Think of the squid in the game where the primary goal is to kill everything with a hp bar!

Seems like a daily quest they never wound up implementing.

I wish they'd do something with it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazroshka View Post
    Pure WoWhead commenter speculation I'm afraid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I assumed it was The Kraken you beat up during a quest chain in the Dread wastes.

Deleted
    As much as I'd like that, this ISN'T Ozumat.
    Ozumat's like atleast 10x this guy's size. After all, she's suppose to be the broodmother of krakken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good lord... where do people come up with this stuff? There are literally piles of identical spears all over the Isle right next to the launchers.

"Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

I assumed an unfinished quest too. Or Blizzard thought it'd add to the atmosphere.