Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    4 are up in Infinity Gate, with 2 more rumored to be added. Namely Crucia and Volan. Though they are supposedly not there yet. Again, rumored.

Only 1 boss is active in the earth raid so far. Not sure how many are planned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    4 are up in Infinity Gate, with 2 more rumored to be added. Namely Crucia and Volan. Though they are supposedly not there yet. Again, rumored.

Where abouts is it? How do i get there to look around?

Mr. Raid is by the portal in TB. Just talk to him.

One warning though- if you die or zone out of either raid, it drops you in Kingsward on the border to Argent for some reason. So you have to go back to TB to re-enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    I really like the idea of an instanced Volan with a challenging difficulty.
    Yaaaas - Makes me all warm in my happy spot.

Deleted
    Mr. Raid is by the portal in TB. Just talk to him.

One warning though- if you die or zone out of either raid, it drops you in Kingsward on the border to Argent for some reason. So you have to go back to TB to re-enter.
    If you read carefully those are all the bosses from Grim Awakening.

It drops you in Kingsward on the border to Argent because that is where Grim Awakening is.

TL;DR Cyzo hasn't got it properly ready for testing yet

Those 4 are from the old Grim Awakening testing. Volan was working (with 10 people) but the event that triggers him (with the cannons) is broken. I think Cyzo said it would be fixed today.

My understanding is that Infinity Gate will be 4 or 5 bosses and earth raid between 6 and 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    If you read carefully those are all the bosses from Grim Awakening.

It drops you in Kingsward on the border to Argent because that is where Grim Awakening is.

TL;DR Cyzo hasn't got it properly ready for testing yet
    Oh really? I haven't raided GA. Sorta quit raiding due to work constraints. Forgive my ignorance in this case. I thought those 4 were the new bosses.

Why would we kill crucia again so soon though? Just seems wierd, I haven't done so in FT, but it just seems like a weird thing to do honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    Why would we kill crucia again so soon though? Just seems wierd, I haven't done so in FT, but it just seems like a weird thing to do honestly.
    So I actually really dislike the whole 'x was only a setback' way of reusing old lore figures - once they're dead they're dead and I like it that way. That being said, even from the start Crucia was never killed in FT. Her whole thing is that she exists as a kind of hive mind, and is capable of invading the minds of others. We destroyed the body she was currently inhabiting, and she just took over a new one; whether or not it is even possible to kill Crucia remains up in the air.

I don't know to what extent similar logic applies to the other dragons, but given what I've gathered from the Dendrome storyline I think that's a characteristic of Crucia. It ties into some 'very' interesting lore pieces about the relationships between various powerful figures - I'll let you investigate that on your own, but I will note that there is a 6th 'missing' member of the Vigil mentioned in various parts of Tempest Bay and in the Dendrome, and that all this plays into the idea that she has been in far more control of events behind the scenes than anyone realised, probably even back to before the Brevanes initially built the Infinity Gate.
    Last edited by gonterf; 2013-06-27 at 04:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Say hello to my little friend

Needless to say Volan proceeded to slap me from one end of the Infinity Gate to the other, he's learned a few new tricks from his time in the Planes

Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    I don't know! RUMORS!

I haven't had the time to check it out much personally. I did go in and mess around a bit for a few minutes. Not much I could do solo.

God I hope it's not Crucia again in the new 20mans, even WoW leaves it a few years before they rehash content

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfadin View Post
    God I hope it's not Crucia again in the new 20mans, even WoW leaves it a few years before they rehash content
    Its not rehashed content. Crucia the dragon is dead. However if people actually played the content (I mean its a solo chronicle people, its not hard) they would know from A Hero Rises that after Crucia the dragon is slain she uses the Infinity Gate to channel her essence into Queen Miela, taking control of her. She then leaves Tempest Bay through a teleporter. So you will be fighting this human form Crucia.

God damn it, you make me want to raid again. I guess I could look into PvEing seeming as PvP is lackluster with people that dont work on objectives

Warrior - Twitch - Twitter Sig by: Isilrien

I did the Volan fight last night (the zone event) and at the end his essence appears to be pulled into an air rift. Nothing is really said about it, but if you do the event before the 20 man fight he sorta...rematerializes from the power we send into the infinity gate. Interesting stuff lore wise.

The Proteus fight looks like alot of fun. It reminded me of Grug, movement based but it had some Akylios like mechanics. The other fight "(at the infinity gate) seemed to be a add based fight. I never got to the part where the boss shows up.

15+ Year Old Account
    they need to add in a Razorgore type fight (BWL was my all time favorite raid in WoW)

Anyone wanna carry my warrior to some gear so I can start raiding again? Sounds like too much fun to pass up

Forgive my ignorance but who is Volan exactly and why is everyone excited about Volan's return?

Quote Originally Posted by Recondition View Post
    Forgive my ignorance but who is Volan exactly and why is everyone excited about Volan's return?
    Volan was a large Zone event that was a fun fight but laggy as hell. He is being turned into a 20 man instanced fight with new mechanics... And he is a giant robot.

Quote Originally Posted by Recondition View Post
    He's a massive world boss that rampages across the zone. Players try to blast off pieces of his armor. As you fight him, Volan's path opens new areas of the zone. It's pretty cool.

Sometimes called Volag, due to the sheer number of players and effects going off in the open world at once.