Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Unhappy 3 locks 60k dps difference

Hello, I am an afflic lock and I am wondering if I need to go demo.

There are 3 locks that raid in our guild. Afflic(me) destro and demo.

Issue is that the demo lock pulls 160-180k a fight while the destro and myself sit 100-120.

Heres the armouries.

Ignore my hit rating please, just got a new weapon havnt recapped myself yet.

Me
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...c3%b8rn/simple
    Destro
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%a1ids/simple
    Demo
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iklamar/simple

Is there anyway I can stay afflic and pull numbers?
    Last edited by forsworn; 2013-06-25 at 12:54 PM. Reason: added hit note

All 3 specs are actually very competitive right now. Destro doesn't start to get outpaced until you get into mid 520's ilvl and the meta gem and then as soon as you start getting any fights with adds in it (lots this tier) destro catches right back up. So, what I am basically saying is that its most likely not a spec issue while some specs are better than others for some fights there isn't that many where its a night and day difference. Also, I wouldn't seriously consider making a swap to Demo until you can get your hands on a UVLS.

The only thing that justifies playing affliction is the legendary meta gem and wushoolay's/lei shen parred with it, there's not much of a reason to play affliction otherwise without at least the LMG.

You have a double upgraded LFR UVLS, and you're playing destruction, not much of a good combo compared to what Demo could do. Should probably look into going Demo because of that trinket or at least I guess stay destruction until you get the legendary meta gem and switch over to affliction if you don't want to play Demo .
    Last edited by Kink; 2013-06-25 at 01:18 PM.

If it is a fight where he can multi-dot doom with a UVLs proc up the demo dps will sky rocket. Like on council he can have an auto critting doom up on all 4 of them, the number of imps he'll get will be astounding.

UVLs is just such an amazing trinket for demo, i'd argue it's value is much higher for demo than even affliction since it's main dot lasts so much longer and gets secondary effects from it critting.

I have not run any number or anything like that so this is purely speculation.

Im only destro for the brawlers guild atm. Nibbler is easier when its a 4 button rotation.
    Im 3 weeks till i get the legendary >.> Im so far behind because I only recently started playing my lock.

Also, I wouldn't seriously consider making a swap to Demo until you can get your hands on a UVLS.
    i have LFR one. Im second in line (i think) for the normal one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kink View Post
    The only thing that justifies playing affliction is the legendary meta gem and wushoolay's/lei shen parred with it, there's not much of a reason to play affliction otherwise without at least the LMG.

You have a double upgraded LFR UVLS, and you're playing destruction, not much of a good combo compared to what Demo could do. Should probably look into going Demo because of that trinket or at least I guess stay destruction until you get the legendary meta gem and switch over to affliction if you don't want to play Demo .
    I might have misunderstood you, but are you saying you would pair uvls and wush as aff? That sounds like the most horrible advice.

OT: the legendary meta gem will increase your dps by a fair bit but 60k gaps go further than simple spec differences. There are little fights where affliction will be the top spec if played at the same level, but it shouldn't be a lot behind on the others.

Quote Originally Posted by rables View Post
    I might have misunderstood you, but are you saying you would pair uvls and wush as aff? That sounds like the most horrible advice.
    I meant with a wushoolays OR uvls parred with the legendary meta gem, to clear that up .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rables View Post

OT: the legendary meta gem will increase your dps by a fair bit but 60k gaps go further than simple spec differences. There are little fights where affliction will be the top spec if played at the same level, but it shouldn't be a lot behind on the others.
    Its very RNG to pair UVLS and Wush, but it CAN produce the highest dps, if you get 9-10 stack with UVLS proc!

I complete agree that sticking to Wush/UVLS+Breath is much much better....

OT Legendary meta is huge for Affliction, and the other specs should destroy you without it. When you obtain it, (Depending on fight) you should be able to get similr numbers tho!

On say Jinrohk, same ilvl, same rng, Affliction is viable of a 1# spot.

60 k dps to me, feels like he is better player, no offense.

Your gear is "bad" for 522 ilvl Affliction, as I feel like your gear is very crit heavy + having UVLS defeats itself.

Replacing some of those with Haste/Mastery pieces, new second trinket, meta and you should be set.

Could you supply logs?

Your gear is "bad" for 522 ilvl Affliction, as I feel like your gear is very crit heavy + having UVLS defeats itself.
    we have like 7 casters and Haste is best for all of them. Im working on a haste mastery set but i have to take what i can get for now.

I actually prefer wushoolays paired with breath because you need to save a shard to clip wushoos 10 stack. If you are pairing wush with uvls you need a save 2 most of the time. I guess you could get away with reacting really quickly to uvls and hardcasting but its a pain imo. Also Breath has a stat you can reforge so it'll better before you are full BiS.

Deleted
    For what its worth, if you can play demo then you should make the switch as you gave the required trinket.

At 530 ilvl as affliction I managed around 190k dps on durumu normal with lmg and wushoolays and cha yes trinkets.

This week with demo and swapping cha yes for lfr uvls I did 220k. The spec and trinket combo really is fantastic.

Demo is by far the best spec to play for locks right now , i got realm 1st 90 with it and a couple of world 1st dps the 1st weeks of MV , when every1 was playing aff and The GM forced an officer lock to go demo as he was doing like 30k less dps than me as aff , i can start linking screenshots of stuff like that for all people saying aff is better.

Besides what everyone else just by taking a peak at your armories the top guy also has roughly 3k more spellpower than you as well, which over the course of a fight and/or raid night can start to add up....

Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    Besides what everyone else just by taking a peak at your armories the top guy also has roughly 3k more spellpower than you as well, which over the course of a fight and/or raid night can start to add up....
    thats not 60k dps more. But yea hes got a few iLvls on me.

Also, wouldnt demo be the best spec to have more crit in? I think it has a higher value than destro.
    Last edited by forsworn; 2013-06-25 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by forsworn View Post
    thats not 60k dps more. But yea hes got a few iLvls on me.

Also, wouldnt demo be the best spec to have more crit in? I think it has a higher value than destro.
    Problems I see with your gear:

1) Why on earth are you using red intellect gems? Your gloves should be 80 int 160 haste, your belt should be 320 haste or mastery whatever you want to stack after reaching the 9778 mark which you are comfortably below atm.

2) Where is the synapse springs on gloves? why do you have haste on boots instead of pandarens step? especially since gemming properly will give you the haste you need.

3) Where are you jewel crafting gems? you should be using a 480 gem somewhere to optimize yourself.

I took the liberty of optimizing your character, feel free to use it as a template:

http://www.wowreforge.com/US/Zul'jin/Forsw%C3%B8rn?template=Hit=5100+,Haste:1.65,Crit:1.7,Mastery:1.75&reforge=05430304--4304450503040403--------

Also looking at your parses you do not optimize your trinket usage well, I suggest using the weakaura for UVLS from the weakaura's thread and if youre not using Affdots you should be.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Urgganzish View Post
    Problems I see with your gear:

1) Why on earth are you using red intellect gems? Your gloves should be 80 int 160 haste, your belt should be 320 haste or mastery whatever you want to stack after reaching the 9778 mark which you are comfortably below atm.
    320 int > 480 haste
    160 int < 320 haste

2) Where is the synapse springs on gloves?
    It is, armoury dosnt show it.

why do you have haste on boots instead of pandarens step? especially since gemming properly will give you the haste you need.
    Haste > mastery locks dont need the movementspeed.
    3) Where are you jewel crafting gems? you should be using a 480 gem somewhere to optimize yourself.
    Im using x2 int

Also looking at your parses you do not optimize your trinket usage well, I suggest using the weakaura for UVLS from the weakaura's thread and if youre not using Affdots you should be.
    I have fortexorcist set up to watch trinkprocs

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    320 int > 480 haste
    160 int < 320 haste

It is, armoury dosnt show it.

Im using x2 int

I have fortexorcist set up to watch trinkprocs
    No offense but you aren't making sense. You come asking for tips and then tell people you are doing it right besides their tips.

At least consider what they say.

You asked for help, I provided it, you will gain dps sitting at 9778 haste and putting rest into mastery, up to you.

You asked for help, I provided it, you will gain dps sitting at 9778 haste and putting rest into mastery, up to you.
    I have the 9.7k with the raid buff

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    No offense but you aren't making sense. You come asking for tips and then tell people you are doing it right besides their tips.
    At least consider what they say.
    I am asking for help. I just responded with my thinking behind what i have.

Deleted
    320 int > 480 haste
    Unless you raid only jin'rokh and raid dummies. Mastery is better than haste after 9778 point as affliction, 8094 point as demonology and for destro mastery scales much better at any gear level in ToT.