Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    Blizzard made a big effort to make the open world matter in Pandaria. And in the latest patch, the Barrens as well. There is so much to do it is ludicrous.
    I'm not too sure on that. There's a few reasons my subbed lapsed in MoP
    It would really be great to have a reason to go back to the old zones as well... But the question is, does any MMO remain with old zones relevant after the coming of new content? And I am really asking, I don't know if there is.
    At the very least there's GW2 which seems to have something similar to WoW's "dailies" available tot he players from level 1 and can be completed in almost any region of the game world. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but are the daily/monthly thing in GW2 is something similar to the daily/weekly caps in WoW? Karma being used in a manner similar to JP and VP?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    WoW is 8 years older then GW2, Just wait after 8 years, GW2 will be as dead as it can be.
    That doesnt change the fact that your statement was 100% untrue.

Next time think b4 u post.

Quote Originally Posted by Loafy View Post
    Well in a sense he was correct, for one to be growing and the other to be declining, the growing one was doing better.
    That is not correct though. Magnitude comes into play on how good something is doing much more than "increasing" vs "decreasing".

Otherwise, you could say that I'm gaining friends on my facebook page (went from 10 -> 15 friends), so my facebook page is doing better than WoW. That is not really correct...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    That doesnt change the fact that your statement was 100% untrue.

Next time think b4 u post.
    If you think that a 3M MMORPG is doing better then a 8,3M SUB BASED MMORPG, well have it your way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    The amount of bullshit in this thread is immense.
    Started by some idiot posting that Wow is doing better than every other MMORPG out there... bullshit started right here

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    [As to F2P and B2P MMO's I doubt they even have a long term future ... (no revenue, no long term support principle)....
    I have to pull you up on this I am afraid.

I think F2P and B2P is a very valid business model.

I really like the way Tera and Rift seem to be doing it.

I really dislike the way SW:ToR is doing it (they almost charged you for more action bars).

Now can a F2P model generate more income than 8 millions subs, I find that hard to believe but I defiantly think F2P and B2P have a future.

Deleted
    If you think that a 3M MMORPG is doing better then a 8,3M SUB BASED MMORPG, well have it your way.
    My opinion doesnt come into it... your comment was 100% untrue... i havent posted opinion, ive posted fact. YOU posted opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Started by some idiot posting that Wow is doing better than every other MMORPG out there... bullshit started right here
    He was talking about you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Deleted
    He was talking about you.
    I know he was... but your comment started the bullshit in the thread not mine

Basically everyone should be careful what they post up as fact... next time either be more precise or check your 'facts'.

Deleted
    My opinion doesnt come into it... your comment was 100% untrue... i havent posted opinion, ive posted fact. YOU posted opinion.
    Please please point me to the FACT that you posted? (with the evidence to back it up).

I will eagerly wait your reply.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    Please please point me to the FACT that you posted? (with the evidence to back it up).

I will eagerly wait your reply.
    Its in my first post.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    At the very least there's GW2 which seems to have something similar to WoW's "dailies" available tot he players from level 1 and can be completed in almost any region of the game world. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but are the daily/monthly thing in GW2 is something similar to the daily/weekly caps in WoW? Karma being used in a manner similar to JP and VP?
    But GW2 is new... It doesn't even have an expansion yet. Even Classic WoW had a bunch of reason to be on the open world before BC (even if only in the high level zones). I don't think there is a reason to be in the world in GW2 other than it is fresh content.

U really think its doing better than other MMORPGs?

GW2 is still growing and all of their realms r busy.

Right now Wow is losing players at the fastest rate than any other MMORPG... thats also a fact.
    GW2 doesnt even have half the subs that WoW has. So yes, wow is doing better than any other MMORPG out there.

Deleted
    Its in my first post.
    And you think that was fact and not opinion?

---------- Post added 2013-06-25 at 03:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    GW2 doesnt even have half the subs that WoW has. So yes, wow is doing better than any other MMORPG out there.
    GW2 has 8.1 million subs less than WoW (i.e it does not have any).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ypo View Post
    Just wait to see the results of Q2 out in a few days from now. 1+ million additional lost subs would be, I think, a good answer to your question.
    Imagine that there will be an even bigger sub drop due to the yearly pass of the combo with diablo ending for a lot of people !
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    The point is how u measure "doing better"... yes Wow has more subs. But in relation to GROWTH Wow is failing and GW2 is doing better, in fact lots of other MMORPGs are doing better than Wow in this regard.

If the original comment from Gimlix stated subs then her comment would be correct. Otherwise its a false statement.

The point is how u measure "doing better"... yes Wow has more subs. But in relation to GROWTH Wow is failing and GW2 is doing better, in fact lots of other MMORPGs are doing better than Wow in this regard.

If the original comment from Gimlix stated subs then her comment would be correct. Otherwise its a false statement.
    What about revenue? I really don't think GW2 gets a better revenue than WoW, even if GW2 subs are rising (which is debatable on itself).

WoW will only go F2P when this model is more profitable than subscription model. This will probably take a while, riding on inertia alone.

What about revenue? I really don't think GW2 gets a better revenue than WoW, even if GW2 subs are rising (which is debatable on itself).

WoW will only go F2P when this model is more profitable than subscription model. This will probably take a while, riding on inertia alone.
    GW2 has no subs, it also isn't F2P. I really wish you guys could figure that out.

Deleted

Agreed, revenue is much higher from Wow than pretty much any other game on the planet, let alone in the world of MMORPGs lol

Deleted
    Agreed, revenue is much higher from Wow than pretty much any other game on the planet, let alone in the world of MMORPGs lol
    So your opinion of "doing better" is.

Less players than WoW.

Making less money than WoW.

but

Has more players than it did 6 months ago.

Your yet to produce the evidence that shows GW2 has more active players now than at launch btw