Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

No new player models in the next expansion?

From the front page of Mmo-champion:
    Can you say anything about new character models? I'm sure you get asked this a lot. But even a maybe will make my day!
    There is no maybe. It's happening. We just haven't announced when it will be done. The Pandaren model alone took months.
    If every single player model will take months to make, we might not see them in the next expansion. But if they manage to do them in time, I'm pretty sure that we won't see a new race in the next expansion.

What do you think?

Deleted
    oh look its this thread again.
    Anyway, they have been working on them for a long while aswell.
    if you see the new ToT Troll models and Garrosh Orc model I think we can get a good sneakpeak of what it's going towards.
    Calm down and just wait and see please.

10+ Year Old Account
    They have been working on them for over a year now. They WILL be a selling point for next expansion mark my word.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    They have been working on them for over a year now. They WILL be a selling point for next expansion mark my word.
    They started back in cataclysm, they had enough time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

If it doesn't come with the next expansion they truly fucked up.

Deleted
    I'm cautiously optimistic at this point. They always make statements like that to not get our hopes up. Look at the dead realms -issue where they were "looking into it" and two days from that they announced the fix.

They are pretty much hinting that new player models are going to be one of the selling points of the next expac.
    Also Virtual Realms.

Seems like this post is made on a daily basis. Best not to read into tweets by blue. Expac reveal wont happen to earliest blizcon which is still a considerable time away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pandaren were a completely new model. The remakes are adjustments to existing models. I suspect it'd be faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    They WILL be a selling point for next expansion mark my word.
    Given that they'll likely be made available to all players regardless of expansion, no, they probably won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    From the front page of Mmo-champion:

If every single player model will take months to make, we might not see them in the next expansion. But if they manage to do them in time, I'm pretty sure that we won't see a new race in the next expansion.

What do you think?
    I have a hard time believing Panda model took months

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dwarf model was done the first during cata and the orc and human in Pre/Early MoP so by now we could assume they are doing right now undead or gnomes and tauren which incase each model take 1 month each and there are like 4 months before blizzcon which makes a good time to be announced at that time. You people misunderstand what blizz is saying, he isnt saying there wont be next expansion but all he meant is that there is little to talk about them AT THE MOMENT.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Given that they'll likely be made available to all players regardless of expansion, no, they probably won't.
    You beat me to it. They'll have nothing to do with the next expansion, everyone will get them whether you buy it or not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    The remakes are adjustments to existing models.
    Are they? I'm not sure about that.

It'd be nice if we could at least see what they've got so far. I'm so damn curious about it.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I have a hard time believing Panda model took months
    Yeh - Don't trust the people that actually did it, take the word of random strangers from MMO-Champion instead! ...

On-Topic: I think we will see them. Blizzard has said time and time again over the course of this expansion that things are moving faster then ever. They have bigger teams working on multiple projects far further in the future then at any time in World of Warcraft History.

Blizzard has fucked up a lot of things in the past when it comes to their promises, but people also give them way to much flak for it. The Models have no doubt been in design stages for at least two years, and probably in heavy development for the last year or so. I reckon at least a handful of the race models are actually complete, and the others are nearing the end of their development.

Quote Originally Posted by DJKalteraphine View Post
    It'd be nice if we could at least see what they've got so far. I'm so damn curious about it.
    Same! I really want to know how the Undead are going to turn out!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    The Dwarf model was done the first during cata and the orc and human in Pre/Early MoP so by now we could assume they are doing right now undead or gnomes and tauren which incase each model take 1 month each and there are like 4 months before blizzcon which makes a good time to be announced at that time. You people misunderstand what blizz is saying, he isnt saying there wont be next expansion but all he meant is that there is little to talk about them AT THE MOMENT.
    No, they said during Cata that they were working on the dwarf - that's not the same.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    If they spent less time making new dailies, we'd have all new models by now. TECHNICALLY, the new models should have come with Cataclysm. They changed the face of Azeroth for the worst and left the same old skins in the game. SO... FIRE some quest designers and HIRE some character designers.
    Last edited by -Superman-; 2013-06-25 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Edited for people who could not grasp the concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    If they spent less time making new dailies, we'd have all new models by now. TECHNICALLY, the new models should have come with Cataclysm. They changed the face of Azeroth for the worst and left the same old skins in the game.
    Because quest designers are such great artists. Yeah, no, lets not do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Because quest designers are such great artists. Yeah, no, lets not do that.
    Didn't know I had to break it down into small and simple terms. Your comment proves otherwise.

Reduce the quest design staff. Increase the character design staff. Money balances out and we get better designs. The writing is already shabby, so no big loss there.