10+ Year Old Account

Berlusconi sentenced to seven years in jail

Deleted
    I would be amazed if he actually sees any jail time. Appeal time incoming!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    I would be amazed if he actually sees any jail time. Appeal time incoming!
    Indeed, he contributed to ruin my country and he deserves to rot in prison..

How many years is that in non-italian years? 0?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    The guy is a legend. I can only wish that when I get to 70 I'll be nailing 17 year old prostitutes and committing fraud.

10+ Year Old Account
    BBC says '...he may escape prison because of lenient sentencing rules for people over the age of 70.'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-23034167
    Last edited by Kalis; 2013-06-24 at 10:32 PM.

Deleted
    He's a gangster much like Putin. I fully expect the only thing to come out of this is a picture of Berlusconi with the words '7 years?' at the top and the lonely island lyrics 'Doesn't matter had sex' at the bottom.

Deleted
    Yeah but 100 years of appeals now come, which may end up in an innocent verdict at some point.

The man has amassed enough of a fortune to completely tie up the legal system - literally until he dies. My father came to Canada from Italy - and he likened Berlusconi to a slightly better looking, more polite and less vacillating Mussolini.

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    This is what, the third time he has been convicted by a lover level court? Until(if) there is a final verdict, he will continue to poison Italian political scene. And given how long appeals take and how many of them are allowed, well I think he will die before he is convicted of anything.
    Last edited by Zoranon; 2013-06-24 at 10:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    How many years is that in non-italian years? 0?
    One would imagine that the Nordic knights errant might wait at least until page 3 before derailing the thread with snide remarks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliandal View Post
    The man has amassed enough of a fortune to completely tie up the legal system - literally until he dies. My father came to Canada from Italy - and he likened Berlusconi to a slightly better looking, more polite and less vacillating Mussolini.

And since Berlusconi's party is still in the new government (thanks to Grillo's stubbornness), even in the case the appeals should fail, they will simply write a new Lex Berlusconi shortening the limitation statues for paid sex with underage prostitutes and abuse of power so that he can no longer be prosecuted. There are already several laws with the single purpose of keeping Berlusconi out of prison.

15+ Year Old Account
    Like Putin and other corrupt leaders Berlusconi is no stranger to legislate laws for personal gain
    Ops people over 70 years can skip spending time in jail, how convenient that such a new law came into place..
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Like Putin and other corrupt leaders Berlusconi is no stranger to legislate laws for personal gain
    Ops people over 70 years can skip spending time in jail, how convenient that such a new law came into place..
    That age is and has been 60 in my country for quite a while, so...
    Last edited by mmoc7f02ba85a4; 2013-06-25 at 04:49 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorine View Post
    That age is and has been 60 in my country for quite a while, so...
    Did it also come in law just when it looked grim for your country's leader to get jail time?
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    silly you are already 70.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Did it also come in law just when it looked grim for your country's leader to get jail time?
    That's just a coincidence.

OT: Sentenced to jail is not the same as serving that sentence, esp. in this case. He will not sit behind bars a single day. At best he will appeal it until he dies, at worst he will bribe his way out of it or whatever and get it out of his mind much sooner.
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2013-06-25 at 05:31 PM.