Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Sex on a pedestal

The average sex act last from between 1 minute an 1 hour depending on the act and people involved.

So Ive always wondered why people change so much of their lives, doing things they wouldnt normally do, ignoring their friends, sacrificing things they like to do that their partner doesnt (sports, video games, movies, rock climbing, etc...) Just for the purposes of obtaining sex. I hear it all the time both in RL and on MMo-Champ. The basis for so many things people do is to have a chance at having sex, whether it be grooming a way they wouldnt groom, watching movies/TV they dont like, going on dates to places they dont like, or even with people they dont like, losing weight when they are otherwise comfortable, and many other things, just for those few minutes of fun. It seems like sex rules their lives or at least dictates the direction their life goes.

Is it really worth altering your lifestyle, alienating friends, and living a life you dont enjoy just to have sex once or twice a day that might be 2 hours? Id rather enjoy my whole 24 hours, than put just 2 hours of sex a day on a pedestal.

Have you ever had sex? If so, I'd hope that you already know this, but... the whole point of sex, at least for most people, is the intimacy.

We, as humans, crave the touch of another person. I would do all of that crap just to have someone to touch and to touch me, and I'm not even talking about sexually. That's pretty much the whole point of life for a lot of people -- to have someone to live it with.

If you're not having sex for that reason, then you're the kind of person that shouldn't be having sex in the first place.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Speaking for myself, sex was more of a self-esteem thing. I am very introverted so I don't go out or talk to too many people. When the chance came around, I did whatever I had to do to get it (Unless drugs or something illegal was involved). I have a very high libido, and going a year++ without sex tended to make me depressed. Ever since I turned 20 (I'm 25 now), I had the opportunity every 6-18 months or so.

I never really disliked the way I am. A lack of intimacy over a long period of time just left me feeling needy. I always thought it was a normal human response.

I got a great girlfriend now that I've been with for over a year and we have sex all the time, so it doesn't really matter anymore. I still play video games a lot, she still does her own things. It's pretty nice, actually!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Have you ever had sex? If so, I'd hope that you already know this, but... the whole point of sex, at least for most people, is the intimacy.

We, as humans, crave the touch of another person. I would do all of that crap just to have someone to touch and to touch me, and I'm not even talking about sexually. That's pretty much the whole point of life for a lot of people -- to have someone to live it with.

If you're not having sex for that reason, then you're the kind of person that shouldn't be having sex in the first place.
    Sure Ive had sex, but it stops when I dont bend my rules and do things I dont want to do. Honestly I dont think sex is a big deal. Id rather please my self for 60 minutes, than let someone else do it and make me have to change my life for the other 23 hours. And to be honest I dont even really feel the need to do that either. I could live my whole life without sex.

15+ Year Old Account
    The purpose of fancy monkey life, is to have as much fancy monkey sex as possible - this is true for pretty much all animals. Toward that end, playing video games is time you could have spent pursuing sex. Going to work, watching movies, playing sports - all distractions from the one true goal.

Now that we're a little more intelligent than the other creatures though, we can reflect on this behaviour and choose our own purposes for life. All those who don't reflect, who don't recognize any sexual urges in themselves as a baser vestigial instinct, default to the pursuit of sex above all else. For those who reflect upon their lives and themselves, who attribute their own meaning to life - you can choose your own meaning. Sometimes, people choose their own meaning - and that meaning is still the pursuit of sex: it's a pretty good meaning. Sometimes we devote ourselves to discovery, poetry, humanitarian aide - these are also good answers.

Choose your path, young adventurer
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2013-06-25 at 04:36 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Ive never tried sex on a pedastal, just sounds like it would fall over tbh. Kitchen bench is much more reliable.

Deleted
    I thought this thread was about having sex on an actual pedestal.

10+ Year Old Account

IO hope you had sex before you wrote this thread but seeing most of us are older then you probably have. Some people do this \just because they want more attention and to be a better sexual option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes people try to change somethings is not only for sex is to enjoy their time with their partner (Like watching TV series/movies you don't actually like, or watching sports or playing video games when you don't really like it) but is true that some people sacrifice way to much for only a couple of minutes of pleasure... like friends (I still don't understand how people can do that....)

We're simply programmed to be obsessed with it, otherwise the whole species would die off. It's our only purpose in life to reproduce.

the whole point of sex, at least for most people, is the intimacy.
    Hehe... the intimacy. Right ^.~

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    The average sex act last from between 1 minute an 1 hour depending on the act and people involved.
    I laughed; way to span from huge let down, to let down.

edit:

Also yes:

Quote Originally Posted by Khorine View Post
    Yeah, glass would be the best kind though.

Last edited by Speaknoevil; 2013-06-25 at 04:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to try this sex on a pedestal, though I need to find a pedestal big enough to hold me and my gf first lol.
    Here's to you and here's to me. The best of guildmates we shall be. And if ever we should disagree. /Gkick you, and here's to me.

Sorry I don't like being a fatass.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    Is it really worth altering your lifestyle, alienating friends, and living a life you dont enjoy just to have sex once or twice a day that might be 2 hours? Id rather enjoy my whole 24 hours, than put just 2 hours of sex a day on a pedestal.
    Seems like you're leading a bad lifestyle, have bad friends and a generally bad life if you can't have sex in the mix without having to alter all of these things. It's among one of the more enjoyable things, atleast for me but no by no means the best thing. If it hadn't been for the intimacy(and to some extent, the pleasure it can bring) I'd never want it and just pleasure myself instead. Sharing your life(and in case of sex, yourself) with someone else is something I can't be without, I'd never be able to be on my own.

"I only want one thing and one thing alone, I want someone to love me like the way I would love them"
    Last edited by mmoc506e44f6eb; 2013-06-25 at 04:47 PM.

hard to control the desire to make babies, as far as I can tell it is our only purpose (universally)

So Ive always wondered why people change so much of their lives, doing things they wouldnt normally do, ignoring their friends, sacrificing things they like to do that their partner doesnt (sports, video games, movies, rock climbing, etc...) Just for the purposes of obtaining sex. I hear it all the time both in RL and on MMo-Champ. The basis for so many things people do is to have a chance at having sex, whether it be grooming a way they wouldnt groom, watching movies/TV they dont like, going on dates to places they dont like, or even with people they dont like, losing weight when they are otherwise comfortable, and many other things, just for those few minutes of fun. It seems like sex rules their lives or at least dictates the direction their life goes.

Have you stopped to consider that perhaps the sources you're gaining this insight from are not entirely truthful? A couple of guys chatting can be pretty well... testosterone-filled rather than heart-fealt. I know plenty of guys that pull the old "Gotta get that honey-do list started or she'll hold back sex" sort of line when they are talking to their guy friends. And his real motivation? He honestly loves her, cherishes their relationship, and realizes that there is work to be done to make that relationship a healthy one.

I'm sure there are manipulative, awful people out there who really DO work to keep their respective partners how they want them, using sex as a weapon. But make sure you're filtering out the simple 'shooting the shit' banter with actual "I am changing my life for the nookie".

10+ Year Old Account
    ME TOO! I was hoping for tips!!

I don't really get this thread.

I doubt the wast majority of us dedicate our lives to the pursuit of sex. Wouldn't really leave us much time with doing other stuff that are required to have a fullfiling life. But sex and intimacy are very important. Literally, sex>every single other past time there is. If you do it right, and with the right person it's really that much fun. Is an awsome work out, tons of fun, has a million aspects, physical and psychological, each rewarding in different ways.

But sex is there to complement and enhance what life is. Sex and other things in life aren't mutually exclusive. If they are...you are doing it wrong.

Of course you make small sacrifices for it. There are trade-offs. But just like everything else in life, it's about balance. Maybee you do need to get off that computer from now and then, jump in the sack and touch someone elses naughty bits for fun. It might put your head straight. Usually people who jump in the sack togheter also like to do other things togheter, may that be mountain biking or playing video games. If not then you have this thing called private time. Time for yourself that you can dedicate to things you don't have in common. If you don't have such moments, then your relationship is clingy and unhealthy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Me too.

OT: if you don't think it is worth going out of your way for, then you probably aren't doing it right.