Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Too many games...???

Am I the only one out there that feels like there are TOO many games now. Everytime I look at Steam, theres sale, I purchase a game.... a GAME that I haven't even played YET!

I mean I'm a grown man now with a family, its crazy to think I'm going to have all the time to play every single game I have... but I really don't think I could play them all even if I was a kid!

Growing up there seemed like there was fewer selections, but there has always been console wars and I never did get to really experience SEGA Genesis like I did my SNES.

I don't know I just fill overwhelmed with the shear thought of all these new games and even old games I haven't attempted yet. Does this mean I'm just getting old and can't keep up with the generation of games anymore or what?

What games take up most of my time is WoW of course and few others. I have a PS3 and it just sits there most the time, I use to have a Xbox 360 but I never turned it on for literally months so I got rid of it.

This could be another reason why WoW has declining members it's because there are so many other games now, if you play wow you really don't get to experience them, which might be a good thing for most. I know WoW really kind of helps me save money because I won't go purchase a brand new game because I know I have WoW to play all the time.

Ah well, what I'm really trying to get at is anyone else feel this way?
    Founder of Kentuckynerd.com come visit for podcasts and more!

Deleted
    I know that feel. I have only played like 10% of my steam library. :/ Summer sale too strong.

I have convinced myself now that I won't buy a new game until I have completed the 1 I bought previously.

Yup, I know that feeling. "Oh look, that game is on sale for 80% off, man I should buy that. Can't believe that deal was so good, this can go with the other 20 games I bought on sale but haven't played yet."

Saving my credit card info to Steam was a bad idea, if I had to input the info all the time perhaps I wouldn't buy so many games. There simply isn't time to play them all, as much as I want to. =\

So many games, but i cant seem to find one i really like.

Remember playing the same games for years.

Deleted
    learn to restrain yourself.. Sure I have games i haven't played at all, but most of those were in bundles of 4-5+ games where it'd pay off to buy it just for 2 of the games. (humble bundle i'm looking at you)

I'm the same way, I've got a crap load of unplayed games for my console and on Steam and I still went out and bought the Uncharted Double pack yesterday. This is why I had to quit playing MMOs. I barely have enough time to play some Single player games let alone never ending online ones.

---------- Post added 2013-06-25 at 01:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    learn to restrain yourself.. Sure I have games i haven't played at all, but most of those were in bundles of 4-5+ games where it'd pay off to buy it just for 2 of the games. (humble bundle i'm looking at you)
    What is this restraint of which you speak? Disposable income + great deals = too many games.

Hehe yes i still have lots off games on steam i have not tried, damn all those sales.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Deleted
    I don't think there are all that many games at all, but that might just have to do with that I'm very picky when it comes to most things... Never understood how people can have so many games on steam, I have like 8 I think? I usually check the steam sales but never find anything I find even remotely interesting, the ones I do I already have.
    Last edited by mmoce2fa46bcbe; 2013-06-25 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    I don't think there are all that many games at all, but that might just have to do with that I'm very picky when it comes to most things... Never understood how people can have so many games on steam, I have like 8 I think? I usually check the steam sales most of the but never find anything I find even remotely interesting, the ones I do I already have.
    When I see a game that might be interesting on Steam that's on sale for 70-80% off, I want to try it out. Now I have 38 games in my steam library and 51 games on my computer (Some games not from steam like off Origin/UbiSoft/Battle.net). I certainly haven't played many of them, but I still want to. My issue is trying to focus on a single game when I have so many to play from, I have terrible discipline when it comes to sticking to a game apparently.
    Last edited by NoRest4Wicked; 2013-06-25 at 06:42 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redriot View Post
    When I see a game that might be interesting on Steam that's on sale for 70-80% off, I want to try it out. Now I have 38 games in my steam library and 51 games on my computer (Some games not from steam like off Origin or UbiSoft). I certainly haven't played many of them, but I still want to. My issue is trying to focus on a single game when I have so many to play from, I have terrible discipline when it comes to sticking to a game apparently.
    I'm the exact opposite, I only ever play one game aside from WoW, and usually play it a real lot. I only take a quick glance at the games on sale, usually they don't speak to me so I move on. So far I haven't found a single game on steam that I didn't already have, that I found interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/list-games/

40566 is a Alot of video games if I'm reading that right lol
    Founder of Kentuckynerd.com come visit for podcasts and more!

Think about all of the consoles that have come out over the years, as well as the libraries that they've had. It's a big number, not even counting PC only games.

Really though, for every good game, there are dozens of bad ones. The trick is just finding what types of games you like, take a few minutes of your time to see if a specific game is something you'd like, then enjoy.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    I'm the same way, I've got a crap load of unplayed games for my console and on Steam and I still went out and bought the Uncharted Double pack yesterday. This is why I had to quit playing MMOs. I barely have enough time to play some Single player games let alone never ending online ones.

---------- Post added 2013-06-25 at 01:33 PM ----------

What is this restraint of which you speak? Disposable income + great deals = too many games.
    I guess I'm just not one to throw away my money on stuff I know I'll never have any use of. Rather spend it on food or even some new hardware for my pc, than buy games I'll never play just because they're cheap

Deleted
    For me its the opposite.. like 1-4 really good games per year and a few others I might just play through once, then forget. Im kinda picky when it comes to games too. Bad graphics, indie and asian.. Im not even going to give a second look. As for the rest, they have to shine in some areas. Im less picky about single player games but with MMOs and multiplayer ones.. damn, I dont even remember the last new game I tried like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    I guess I'm just not one to throw away my money on stuff I know I'll never have any use of. Rather spend it on food or even some new hardware for my pc, than buy games I'll never play just because they're cheap
    Who said i'll never play them? I'll get around to them eventually. Just maybe not for a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Who said i'll never play them? I'll get around to them eventually. Just maybe not for a very long time.
    Yeah, me too! I mean, those games on there from Steams Black Friday sale 2 years ago.....eventually....will play.... Lol. Every time I try to play a single player game I get sucked into playing BF3 or D3 with friends. Need more free time from work/school!

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I feel you, and two things directly contribute to it.
    1) Steam sales
    2) F2P MMOs.

Between those two things, it fills my computer with games that make it difficult to decide what to play half the time. Some days I wish I had never ventured outside of Blizzard's walls, other days I'm glad of what is out there. Ultimately it's just one of those life lessons where you have to learn to be satisfied with what you have and what you can accomplish.

It's often frustrating, but in a good way...conflicting emotions for sure. Just keep buying games if you have the money and keep playing them when you can.
    BAD WOLF

I kinda feel the same way. A few friends have over 200+ games on their steam account. I can't even imagine when they get the time to play so many games. Since playing WoW, I've only played WoW and during breaks played Skyrim, MW3, Black Ops 1/2.

WoW, especially an MMO makes it really hard to play any other game. After quitting WoW, I look back on how many games I've missed up on and plan on getting back and enjoying some of the good ones.

I am very picky with the games I choose. It has to meet most of what I am looking for in a game. So I'll never just play any game for the sake of it.

But I think game developers and studios have noticed a trend over the last few years. The gaming industry is currently bigger than the film industry right now. Many games cost as much as a blockbuster film to develop. Games often take in more money that films and at record breaking time.

Been watching E3 this year, and I can't remember any other time when there were as many good games coming out at the same time as this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Yup, I know that feeling. "Oh look, that game is on sale for 80% off, man I should buy that. Can't believe that deal was so good, this can go with the other 20 games I bought on sale but haven't played yet."

Saving my credit card info to Steam was a bad idea, if I had to input the info all the time perhaps I wouldn't buy so many games. There simply isn't time to play them all, as much as I want to. =\
    I know that feeling too. I have so many games on Steam and on console that I don't know what to play. When Killzone 3 was released there was one copy with a wrong price sticker and because it was so new and not in the system the cashier sold it to me for what the sticker said. So I got the game for 20€ instead of 60€ and haven't played it at all.

Also humble bundle adds a lot of games to the library. You only want one of the games and get 5 or more games on top that you don't really care about.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are never too many games. It is my destiny to collect them all.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe