10+ Year Old Account

Immerseus (10 Normal) Impressions

So, raid testing for the first boss of SoO is over. What did you think? Personally I thought the fight overall was fun. I wouldn't say it was necessarily a good fight, but it was enjoyable. Also, probably one of the coolest boss rooms ever imo. The fight was pretty easy, but a couple things to note

1. Swirl moves pretty fast. Unless I was on the opposite side of it, or he faced me and I just ran to the right of the beam (the beam goes clockwise) I would get hit no matter what. Also, it seems to hit multiple times, because sometimes it'd bring me to 60-70% and others it would nearly one shot me.

2. The adds are ridiculously easy to deal with. I did the fight as survival and I just dropped and ice and snake trap where they spawned and entrapment would keep them rooted for the entire time allowing me to kill 3 really fast and then waiting around for the phase to end, since I was too far away from the other adds.

3. The fight is too long. Our kill took 9 minutes, granted we had a couple dps who weren't necessarily putting out incredible numbers, but I feel like the fight kinda drags towards the end. The dungeon journal made it sound like he would heal to full everytime but on the ptr he was healing to his current corruption level. I hope this is how the fight will be on live, because having him heal to full everytime would just be annoying.
    Last edited by Poppincaps; 2013-06-25 at 08:27 PM.

The boss room is sososososososoo cool omg

And yeah, a bit on the long side, our kill took 9mins too.

I think the hitbox was a bit small for melee, we started to run out of room towards the end of each boss phase

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Definition View Post
    The boss room is sososososososoo cool omg

And yeah, a bit on the long side, our kill took 9mins too.

I think the hitbox was a bit small for melee, we started to run out of room towards the end of each boss phase
    Yeah, as a hunter I was having range issues as well, which threw me off considering his target circle is so big.

Deleted
    The room is far too big

the death animation is sooo awsome and yea room is soooo cool as well~~

and yea room is a bit big for 10man :P (then again nazgrim room is small for 25man)
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Definition View Post
    I think the hitbox was a bit small for melee...

Probably has to be because of the part of the mobs moving in to re-join with him.

10+ Year Old Account
    The hitbox was a known issue if you bothered to check the feedback thread on the WoW site. The fight overall is pretty streaigh foward and fun imo, its not a tank and spank, but not overlly complicated, which it should for the first boss or 2. Pretty fun as a melee imo, I suspect the numbers of adds wont be a huge deal in 10-man or they're have like no health if they still decide to devide into lots. Hopefully ill be able to check it out on 25-man, since my guild is 25.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2013-06-26 at 12:45 PM.

Viscidus had a baby with Lurker Below.

Except without the annoying fish, boiling water, and excessive poison damage.