Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I like to think that somewhere, buried deep beneath the sands of silithus, are ancient temples that C'Thun's servants once lived in. Within are all kinds of sarcophagi containing sleeping, mummified faceless ones that have dark, egyptian-themed armor and clothing.

Waiting to be awakened.
    Egyptian-themed faceless. I am totally stealing that!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    If so, who is responsible for which one? Furthermore, when we discuss the Faceless Army headed by Warlord Zon'ozz, etc - why would armies of the same race attack each other in this fashion?
    Well, knowing that C'thun is the Old God of Chaos, I'd say the Faceless Ones fighting eachother are his doing.

But to be honest, I think Blizzard is simply adding lore as they go, even though it sometimes contradicts established lore. They just don't know what they're doing and they just implement whatever they feel is cool at the time, they don't put as much effort into understanding the bigger picture than the fans do. So I wouldn't try too hard to find logic in it, unless you could find a theory that explains it all... but then when it becomes a popular theory it just means Blizzard is going to steal it.
    Last edited by mmoceb1605b3cd; 2013-06-27 at 05:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    Maybe the Eastern Kingdoms's Old God is beneath Tirisfal Glades?

It has been implied there is something terrifying down there, which also explains why the Highborne were drawn to that place. And there is that weird circle of wisps on the western mountains. Granted, Blizzard stated that terrifying thing is not an Old God, but who knows... The Sha were not suposed to be Old Gods as well.

Or maybe the Old God is close to Stranglethorn. After All, there were peole going mad in Stranglethorn, there was that quest with a chest containing a piece of an Old God, Hakkar does name himsled "Blood God" and, well... Maybe trolls summoned an Old God there ages ago?
    My guess is that the thing underneath Tirisfal is a corrupted titan well of power, like an evil version of Un'goro, Sholazar Basin, and the Eternal Vale.

Somewhere down in Strangelthorn seems more possible... hell, maybe it's underneath Karazhan, kept bound by the ley line nexus down there.

Deleted
    It was stated many times that the Old Gods' armies fought each other simply for the fun of their masters, because they crave chaos and destruction in themselves.
    Zon'ozz was N'zoth's lieutenant, while Vezax was Yogg'Saron's. C'thun didn't have a faceless general, probably because he preferred to rely on the silithid/qiraji (like Y'Shaarj and the mantid). I guess that the Faceless Ones were created by the Old Gods from scratch (perhaps from their own blood), while the Silithid and the Mantid were already there and chose to serve them.
    You mention the Naga and the Sha but they aren't races on their own, the first ones are corrupted Highborne (the court of Azshara) while the second are the remains of Y'Shaarj, its heads to be more precise.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    My guess is that the thing underneath Tirisfal is a corrupted titan well of power, like an evil version of Un'goro, Sholazar Basin, and the Eternal Vale.

Somewhere down in Strangelthorn seems more possible... hell, maybe it's underneath Karazhan, kept bound by the ley line nexus down there.
    To the point, hasn't Blizzard said there is not an Old God in Tirisfal?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, they said it wasn't an Old God, but 'something horrible' or words to that effect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtree View Post
    To the point, hasn't Blizzard said there is not an Old God in Tirisfal?
    Most they've said is "Something extremely unsettling". Anyone from Vanilla will remember Sylvanas found some Blood Stone pendants. That "Drank" Blood. Hrm. Stone / Ore that seems "Alive and yet not so" and has the elements in a state of fury in it. What does that sound like?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukahn View Post
    Most they've said is "Something extremely unsettling". Anyone from Vanilla will remember Sylvanas found some Blood Stone pendants. That "Drank" Blood. Hrm. Stone / Ore that seems "Alive and yet not so" and has the elements in a state of fury in it. What does that sound like?
    No they specifically said it wasn't an Old God.

Is there truly an Old God underneath the Tirisfal Glade?

Nope! There's something incredibly unsettling there, but it’s not an Old God. It isn't recommended to go digging through the Glades, though.
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Ask_CDev
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

I don't really have much to add to the topic, but as a Lovecraft fan myself I'm really enjoying the theories and the read. =) Keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    Maybe the Eastern Kingdoms's Old God is beneath Tirisfal Glades?

It has been implied there is something terrifying down there, which also explains why the Highborne were drawn to that place. And there is that weird circle of wisps on the western mountains. Granted, Blizzard stated that terrifying thing is not an Old God, but who knows... The Sha were not suposed to be Old Gods as well.

Or maybe the Old God is close to Stranglethorn. After All, there were peole going mad in Stranglethorn, there was that quest with a chest containing a piece of an Old God, Hakkar does name himsled "Blood God" and, well... Maybe trolls summoned an Old God there ages ago?
    I believe that Blizzard has stated it is NOT an Old God under Tirisfal.

Chances are, it is where the final watcher of Ulduar was killed, or laid to rest.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead, and that World of Warcraft died with him."

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit OP. You just put my own feelings of being a nerdy loremaster to shame!

Props to you, that was a good read!

Sadly, I have no idea. =/

Races fight? heh
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shedeo View Post
    I believe that Blizzard has stated it is NOT an Old God under Tirisfal.
    They did. But they also said that Y'shaarj was 100% dead... and... well, that doesn't seem to be 100% true.

Chances are, it is where the final watcher of Ulduar was killed, or laid to rest.
    As far as we know, Tyr is alive. Maybe he's out with the titans, bitch-slapping the Burning Legion with his silver hand.

Just as another point to note, there may be old god-related badness underneath Bael Modan... A dwarf there states they found something "that shouldn't have been uncovered," and a gem from the area was able to morph a dwarf into a trogg. I'm somewhat doubtful it's a full-fledged old god; the land around it seems free of mind-controlled whack jobs, the dwarves don't seem too concerned with staying there, and the twilights cult took no interest in the area. Could be a vault of faceless ones, or a titan-quarantined "curse of flesh" vault.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I'm hoping Azshara proves to be more than N'Zoth's lackey. In fact, I've often said I would LOVE a "naga expansion" that seems to be all about bringing down Azshara, only to pull a trick on us and have Azshara corner the Alliance/Horde into helping her.....defeat N'Zoth. Using Neptulon to gain further control of the sea, drawing Horde and Alliance to ally with her against the Old God (not as friends...as in "we don't have a choice but to help the naga against a greater threat). All this concluding with an expansion where the "final bad guy" turns out to indeed be a bad guy and such a good one that she outplays us, outmaneuvers us, and actually escapes us/gets the better of us at the end. N'Zoth being the final boss and Azshara now free to do what she wishes rather than serve an Old God.

Because y'know what...Azshara is supposed to be supremely bad ass. Supposedly with the exception of a few like Kil'jaeden and other higher rank members, the demons of the Burning Legion were actually afraid of her. She had a personal guard of Legion demons who became so loyal to her, they would have fought their own kind in her defense.

It would say a lot if she were to scheme, plot, plan, and throw off the shackles of her Old God master. A feat no other has done. And what would that say about her when we revisited her for another expansion to really deal with her?

But Blizzard is pretty straightforward with WoW, so I feel confident nothing like this would have any chance of happening.
    Shut up and take my money! I would LOVE for this to happen. That would be freaking amazing. I agree that the chances are slim. :/ But day-um... I would fangirl so hard if that happened.

Loving this thread, guys. I've been soaking up all the wonderful Old God lore happening here.
    Last edited by Roulette Kneebasha; 2013-06-28 at 10:34 PM.

"There is a thin, semantic line separating weird and beautiful. And that line is covered in jellyfish." - Welcome to Night Vale.