(SPOILERS) 5.4 General Nazgrim Preview (PTR)

5.4 Siege of Orgrimmar Preview - General Nazgrim (PTR)

Was only able to get like 3 attempts in but here ya go. Just a short preview to see the fight.

I dunno if it's the bland room he's in, or the fact that he's just a regular orc dude hitting you with an axe, but it feels like a 5man encounter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did no one on the PTR clear it? Haven't been able to find a kill video.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlstrom View Post
    Defensive stance was bugged to hell and back resulting in a constant 100 rage.
    Made the fight an absolute fuckstorm, but was still killable. We nearly killed it but forgot about Earth Shield and decided to heal the boss for 174mil.
    It's going to suck HUGELY on 25H, with the mechanics + room space.
    The only difference as the fight goes on, is you get more adds spawning. Packs of 3 instead of 2 etc. Then finally at 10% you just get a huge wave of adds.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Quote Originally Posted by Ahlstrom View Post
    lack of gamon carry us made the encounter impossible :P loljk

its a good fight even with some bugs like defensive stance 100rage thing is easily healable with prepared cds (disc priest ftw)
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

I agree with Fangless here but it looks pretty neat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    I dunno if it's the bland room he's in, or the fact that he's just a regular orc dude hitting you with an axe, but it feels like a 5man encounter.
    yeah, i started watching a stream of it last night, but the fight looked kind of boring IMO. i know its only PTR still, but it didn't seem like there was much happening.
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    yeah, i started watching a stream of it last night, but the fight looked kind of boring IMO. i know its only PTR still, but it didn't seem like there was much happening.
    I actually don't like the constant upping-the-ante of encounter complexity. Things can be fun and/or difficult without having a ton of things going on.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I actually don't like the constant upping-the-ante of encounter complexity. Things can be fun and/or difficult without having a ton of things going on.
    maybe it will be different when im fighting for him, but looked a lot like a patchwerk fight with a few ads. i was only watching for a few mins then turned off :\

then again, i don't know what i was expecting, Nazgrim is a warrior, there was never going to be a load of flashy spells involved, so maybe its right.
    dragonmaw - EU

It's not so much the "complexity" (a stupid term anyhow), but the fact that he looks like any other orc boss we've fought before :P

Like, a single dude running around doing slashes, he could easily just be a 5man boss in BRC.

We killed it but I don't have a video for you unfortunately. He bugged out and stopped summoning adds after the first set through all of his stances, making the final 50% a straight burn. So probably not how it's going to be. Straightforward fight though on normal and should be pretty easy.
    Aerzara, Discipline Priest
    <Modest> 14/14H - US 2nd 10m Guild

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    maybe it will be different when im fighting for him, but looked a lot like a patchwerk fight with a few ads. i was only watching for a few mins then turned off :\

then again, i don't know what i was expecting, Nazgrim is a warrior, there was never going to be a load of flashy spells involved, so maybe its right.
    Yes but Nazgrim can have other things involved. We our characters are limited in what we can do. Of course we can have imaginations doing much more but you get the idea. Heck I was expecting a shout or something from some of the Orcs "Lok'tar'Ogar!!" as a buff or mechanic.

Sadly no. QQ
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    It's not so much the "complexity" (a stupid term anyhow), but the fact that he looks like any other orc boss we've fought before :P

Like, a single dude running around doing slashes, he could easily just be a 5man boss in BRC.
    I think this might of been Blizzard's intent. We are raiding Orgrimmar after all, might as well have one Orc boss who feels like a more classical Orc boss and isn't riding a Proto-drake or throwing around Old God energy.

Though I feel compelled to mention that he does summon adds, which means its more then just a "single dude".
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.