Thread: Gtx 770

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Gtx 770

Hello there guys, i just want to know how the new GTX 770 will work on WoW on ultra quality 1920x1080. I heard it should go around 80-90 fps if i am not wrong. What do u guys know about it? I havent found any benchmarks for wow with GTX 770.

10+ Year Old Account
    770 is more then enough for wow. What you need a is a good cpu.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    770 is more then enough for wow. What you need a is a good cpu.
    I do got a i5 3570k, and i guess that is enough?
    I thought so, but i want it for Planetside 2 and DayZ: Standalone aswell

Deleted
    Even a $250 GTX 760 would probably be enough.

with that cpu and graphics card you can run wow and every other game on the market with most everything on ultra at 60 fps even crysis 3 and bioshock infinate

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Even a $250 GTX 760 would probably be enough.
    With that CPU, a 460 is enough to run WoW on Ultra with good FPS. A 770 is overkill for WoW, which is a CPU heavy game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by djtorkel View Post
    I do got a i5 3570k, and i guess that is enough?
    I thought so, but i want it for Planetside 2 and DayZ: Standalone aswell
    For wow GTX 770 is waste of money, but for those games it's actually pretty solid card. Just remember to buy a Asus or Gigabyte card so you wont get noise problems, because original manufacturer cards are noisy as hell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    With that CPU, a 460 is enough to run WoW on Ultra with good FPS. A 770 is overkill for WoW, which is a CPU heavy game.
    He plays other games as well if you read the rest of the thread. Why would you even mention a GTX 460, I get the point you're trying to make but it's pointless.

760 Review

Quote Originally Posted by Malenurse View Post
    For wow GTX 770 is waste of money, but for those games it's actually pretty solid card. Just remember to buy a Asus or Gigabyte card so you wont get noise problems, because original manufacturer cards are noisy as hell.
    Far from it. If he does 25M raiding and/or streams, the gains will help a lot in those areas. The fact that a 770 is more or less a 680 on steroids, but at a cheaper price, just makes it really attractive for just about any gamer/enthusiast who feels the need to upgrade.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malenurse View Post
    Yh i am about to buy Gigabytes 2gb Windforce, aswell as an Fractal Design R4 so i guess the system will be kept pretty silent.

---------- Post added 2013-06-26 at 11:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    Far from it. If he does 25M raiding and/or streams, the gains will help a lot in those areas. The fact that a 770 is more or less a 680 on steroids, but at a cheaper price, just makes it really attractive for just about any gamer/enthusiast who feels the need to upgrade.
    Yh i do need an upgrade right now :/ I am on 4gb ram aswell as an Radeon hd 4670 1gb

10+ Year Old Account
    Yh i do need an upgrade right now :/ I am on 4gb ram aswell as an Radeon hd 4670 1gb
    Holy balls, how did you end up with a 3570K and 4GB RAM + 4670 o_O

This is gonna be a HUGE upgrade for you in the graphics department! Your CPU is already brutally powerful, once you have the GTX770 you could gain even more performance with a moderate overclock if you have an aftermarket CPU cooler.

Anyway regarding RAM, sticks are you running? I haven't seen 2GB DDR3 sticks for a while now, which makes it more likely you're running a single 4GB stick...which would be bad because it's not making use of dual channel...
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-06-26 at 10:58 PM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Holy balls, how did you end up with a 3570K and 4GB RAM + 4670 o_O

This is gonna be a HUGE upgrade for you in the graphics department! Your CPU is already brutally powerful, once you have the GTX770 you could gain even more performance with a moderate overclock if you have an aftermarket CPU cooler.

Anyway regarding RAM, sticks are you running? I haven't seen 2GB DDR3 sticks for a while now, which makes it more likely you're running a single 4GB stick...which would be bad because it's not making use of dual channel...
    Haha, tbh it is Gddr3 Not the best ones but they are 2gb each. I actually had a HD 4750 earlier but it somehowe just broke (Bought it in 2009 and broke 2012) And now i cant stand this shitty quality anymore x) I want a brand new card that will hold some time. And i guess the 770 will do that. And i got no clue what i thought when i bought the setup

Haha, tbh it is Gddr3 Not the best ones but they are 2gb each. I actually had a HD 4750 earlier but it somehowe just broke (Bought it in 2009 and broke 2012) And now i cant stand this shitty quality anymore x) I want a brand new card that will hold some time. And i guess the 770 will do that. And i got no clue what i thought when i bought the setup
    Go with a 770 lightning, best cooling/acoustics performance -> http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...w,3519-26.html

Deleted
    I have not seen that post actually, hehe. Well it is 40$ more then i thought but i'll see on it

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna run Quad 790's for WoW.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    I'm gonna run Quad 790's for WoW.
    Just for WoW? :P but then again there might not even be a 790. If there is it'll likely be GK104 since GK110 has a pretty high TDP. (Aka a rebranded 690)

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey OP, i just finished my new build... I got an evga gtx680 superclocked and my cpu is i5-3570k and with 1920x1080 on ultra i was sitting at a solid 100 fps in the shrine of 2 moons. (Didn't try a raid cus i dont play wow anymore, was my brothers account)

10+ Year Old Account
    TechPowerUp have reviewed five different aftermarket versions of GTX770 so you can get a side-by-side comparison from the same source, making it fairly easy to decide which one you want...

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/M...770_TF_Gaming/
    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/M...770_Lightning/
    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/A...rect_Cu_II_OC/
    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/P...70_Jet_Stream/
    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/G..._WindForce_OC/

Overall the MSI versions are winning, although there's nothing inherently wrong with Gigabyte or Asus versions. They're all great! Get whichever gives you the best deal.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-06-27 at 01:42 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spalding View Post
    Hey OP, i just finished my new build... I got an evga gtx680 superclocked and my cpu is i5-3570k and with 1920x1080 on ultra i was sitting at a solid 100 fps in the shrine of 2 moons. (Didn't try a raid cus i dont play wow anymore, was my brothers account)
    That sounds good in my ears

10+ Year Old Account
    That sounds good in my ears
    It doesn't to mine. The 680 is more expensive than the 770 and the 770 outperforms it. The 3570k is an older-generation. Unless you can get a really good deal that puts that 680 at around $360-370 and the i5-3570k at at least $40 less than the 4670k, I wouldn't go with older-gen tech.