Deleted

Tactic changes from 10 man to 25 man.

I'm currently involved with a merge meaning the majority of the raiders will be going from a 10 man setting to 25 man. Which bosses this tier have different tactics on 25 man?

AFAIK Ji-kun is harder and tactically different, whilst Horridon/Council/Megaera are more forgiving? Not sure about the further bosses but we're only looking at the first 6 bosses to begin with!

The highest progression amongst us is 10/13. Thanks!

Megaera is harder in 10 man, Council is harder in 10 man, Jikun and Twin Consorts are harder in 25. I wouldn't say Jin'rok/Horridon/Tortos/Iron Qon are different in terms of difficulty.

I didn't try Primordius/Durumu/Dark Animus/Lei Shen in 10 so I wouldn't know.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Megaera is harder in 10 man, Council is harder in 10 man, Jikun and Twin Consorts are harder in 25. I wouldn't say Jin'rok/Horridon/Tortos/Iron Qon are different in terms of difficulty.

I didn't try Primordius/Durumu/Dark Animus/Lei Shen in 10 so I wouldn't know.
    Pretty much sums it up.

If you can pull of the insane dps for zerg strat Dark animus is alot easier on 10m cause you cant do it in 25m. I believe they fixed 10m after 1-2 weeks so if youre not doing the zerg strat its about the same while 25m beeing a bit more chaotic cause you ahve more member, but i never tried him this is just what I saw in vids.

13/13hc in both modes went from 10 to 25

Same: jinrock, durumu, primoridus, raden

Harder on 10 when not running super high dps comps: horridon, council, megeara, dark animus, twins

Harder on 25: ji-kun, lei shen

25 is possibly harder on everything if you are running super high dps classes: such as Monk / Pally tank, Warlock, Rogue, etc, MW Monk, Disc Priest.

Before my 10 man broke up we were killing Jin'ork in the first pool (no storm), Horridon on our way to the 4th door, Council with only 1 frost bite, Megera each head went down in under a minute, ji-kun in 2-3 minutes, Durumu before the 2nd life drain (almost before the first). Dark Animus in 3 jolts, Iron qon with only 2 soaking groups in p1, Almost had to stop dps on twins 5% on night lady before p2 with no lust, and Lei shen with just barely 3 thunderstrucks.

edit: Durumu may actually be harder on 10 man since you get the same number of life drains, but have less people to deal with it.
    Lei shen really shows your weakness in your roster, which is far more likely in 25. Everyone needs to be able to tunnel their timers and know how to deal with all the mechanics. The only thing that is truly easier on 10 man about lei shen is melee have more room to spread out for ball lightnings.
    Last edited by iDrunkenheal; 2013-06-26 at 08:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Durumu is easier on 25 man. You still need 9 people to stand in beams on 25 man leaving you free players to just sit their and dps. So far after we switched to 25 man we've had one tiny stumbling on ji kuun. That's about it really.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Jin'rohk - Same
    Horridon - Easier in 25, no real changes
    Council - Less need to interrupt in 25, 25H is a completely faceroll as long as you can kill Sul before he empowers
    Tortos - Easier in 25
    Megaera - Easier in 25, less space to stand however
    Ji-Kun - Nest rotations are somewhat more complicated but not really harder at all.
    Durumu - Same
    Primordius - Easier in 25
    Animus - Easier in 10, no real tactic changes for 25 however you lose to ability to dump golems into innactive ones.
    Qon - Same
    Twins - Easier in 10, no tactic changes though
    Lei Shen - Easier in 10
    Ra-Den - ???

Qon is a bit harder if you have 3 or more melee... if you have 2 or less melee its the same

Quote Originally Posted by elderamy View Post
    Qon is a bit harder if you have 3 or more melee... if you have 2 or less melee its the same
    Are you playing the same game as me? Melee are much better than ranged for Heroic Qon 25.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Are you playing the same game as me? Melee are much better than ranged for Heroic Qon 25.
    He means 10 man, and having 3 people in melee that aren't ranged is essential in 10 or 0 melee otherwise you have to have ranged soak the fire bombs when all the dogs come out.

Twins is easy on both versions but is definitely harder on 10. We were getting 3-4 tidal forces while equal 25s were getting 1 maybe 2.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iDrunkenheal View Post
    Twins is easy on both versions but is definitely harder on 10. We were getting 3-4 tidal forces while equal 25s were getting 1 maybe 2.
    Uh... Isn't having more than 2 Tidal Forces equal to berserk? Unless you're aiming for killing them both at the same time or you count both Inferno and Tidals as the same thing.

The two largest difference is that the dps check in 25s is about 15-40% harder across the board and spatial abilities requiring different strategies to handle. Healing becomes arguably easier due to more aoe efficacy.

"Zerg" strats - counting on only 0-1 wave of adds spawns on Megaera, or the DA zerg - don't work out that well due to the higher dps thresholds. Two more platform locations will spawn on Ji-kun. A lot of single target abilities in 10 end up targetting 3 people in 25. You'll likely overload different conduits on Lei Shen but you say no one's gotten there so not really applicable. Otherwise the strats more or less are identical.