Deleted

GPU Upgrade / Advice needed

I've possibly raised this point in the past, but the goalposts have moved now with the release of the 760.

Now currently I'm considering replacing my HD 6850's as the graphic ram is starting to cause freezes when I run games like BF3 in Ultra.

Obviously with the new releases due this year/next year, I'm attempting to future proof it to some extent without breaking the bank.

Would the 760 be a good choice now? Seems to be doing well in reviews.

Deleted
    It's somewhere around 660ti and 670 for ~$250 or ~£205-225 and should be able to run a game like BF3 Ultra at around 50-60FPS so I'd say it's pretty spot on.

GIGABYTE WindForce GeForce GTX 760 OC (UK)

More options here

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried to find a benchmark, but since the 6850's are two generations old, it's difficult to.

6850 is about 10% less than 6870... and 6870 is about half of a 670. And 760 is juuust short of a 670. So it's pretty safe to say, just performance wise, at the bare minimum, it'll be an upgrade. not a huge one, but a definite upgrade. It'll also cut your system power use by half, as well
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I tried to find a benchmark, but since the 6850's are two generations old, it's difficult to.

6850 is about 10% less than 6870... and 6870 is about half of a 670. And 760 is juuust short of a 670. So it's pretty safe to say, just performance wise, at the bare minimum, it'll be an upgrade. not a huge one, but a definite upgrade. It'll also cut your system power use by half, as well
    http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

Tbh, i dont really know how good this one is, but it has most videocards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

Tbh, i dont really know how good this one is, but it has most videocards.
    It's crap and should die in a fire and I'm not joking.

As for the 2x6850, don't forget they're also only 1GB which is definitely not optimal