Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Season 14 Priest Set, Patch 5.3 Build 17116, June 25 Hotfixes, Blue Tweets, DLC #395

Console Exclusives' Stats Fixed, Blue Posts, Open World is a Real Possibility

Lorewalker Cho Tutorial Voiceovers, Class Icons

Submit Questions for the Devs

Patch 5.4 - Season 14 Priest Set
    Keep in mind that this is just a preview and the final sets may be different!

Patch 5.3 Live - Build 17116
    A new live patch is on the way, which may be related to the odd Wednesday maintenance for the US.
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Spell Changes
    Druid (Forums)
    Talents
    • Force of Nature had Balance treant Wrath damage increased by 25%. This may reflect an old 5.3 hotfix.

Automated In-game Mail
    • Automated In-game Mail #392 - Iron Hitching Post: Your Iron Hitching Post has arrived.
    • Automated In-game Mail #393 - Seesaw!: Congratulations, $n!

You are now the proud owner of the latest lovingly-assembled and hand-tooled Wonderworks original: the X-241 Teeter Board, aka THE SEESAW!

Have fun!

- Jepetto

WARNING: Seesaw may not support fully grown and/or armored adventurers. Seesaw may launch overly enthusiastic riders into the lower atmosphere. Seesaw may result in bruised egos and/or fannies.

Patch 5.3 Hotfixes - June 25
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Quests
    • Send Word to Phaoris: Players should now be placed into the correct phase after the cutscene, allowing the quest to be completed.
    • Slash and Burn: Players should now be placed into the correct phase after the cutscene, allowing the quest to be completed.

Raids, Dungeons, and Scenarios
    • Throne of Thunder
      • Durumu the Forgotten
        • Hidden Fogs leading up to the Durumu encounter should now be more responsive while engaged in combat with players.
      • Horridon
        • Reduced the health of Gurubashi, Amani, Drakkari, and Farraki combatants by 10%, and reduced the damage of their abilities like Sand Trap and Frozen Orb by 20% for the Horridon encounter on 10-player Normal difficulty.

50% Off Moonkin Hatchling Pet - This Week Only
    The googly-eyed Moonkin Hatchling, which comes in unique Horde and Alliance versions, is on sale this week for just $5. These adorable little creatures will occasionally plant flowers at your feet and happily /dance with any willing partners. This sale ends July 1, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. PDT, so pick up an egg of your own while the moon is right.

Arena Pass Reward
    Just wanting to add in some information here to avoid any false expectations from the Arena Pass rewards. Unfortunately at this time we have no plans to change up the pet that is rewarded for participating in 50 games in this years Arena Pass . This means that the pet you get rewarded in the mail will be Murkimus' Tiny Spear.

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    World
    Don't you think big reason people stuck in capitals instead of exploring world is absence of LFG and Trade channels?
    In Cat? No. They had no need to chat with anyone because they could random queue for all the gear they'd need. (Source)
    We'd be willing to try a global LFG channel again, but I think you'd be buried in (ahem) anal spells and Chuck Norris jokes. (Source)
    you say in CAT, but all the queues for heroic dungeons and LFR etc are still here. Yes, we have more dailies.
    But you can earn things like valor or charms by going out into the world. Dungeons and raids don't deliver every single reward. (Source)

Disagree. CRZ puts several servers worth of griefers into one zone, causes zone disruption. leveling becomes impossible.
    We aim to combine enough realms with CRZ to make each feel full. If there are a lot of folks around, that is kind of the goal. (Source)
    That was the intended and often real experience when more folks were leveling and the pop wasn't so skewed to max level. (Source)

Are you really trying to say that having cross-server 90s camping all low level zones is the intended experience?
    That wasn't what I said. I was remarking that you seemed surprised to have players attack you while leveling on a PvP server. (Source)

So GC, the all-faction multi-tap is nice, but i still got an issue. Could you see a future solution?
    We're not big fans of all-faction tap overall. You should be angry that a Horde tapped your mob! (Source)
    What about on PVE servers where that just makes it a pointless race? I want to play -with- my peers, not against them.
    If you are Alliance, Horde are not your peers. At most you should consider them a tool to be used, then discarded. (Source)
    care to explain why we're not burning org to the ground and slaughtering orc women and children in 5.4 then?
    You can be enemies without resorting to genocide. (Source)

Aren't profession catch-up mechanisms against goal of "making the world feel populated"? Why visit old world if not for AH?
    We want players out in the world. That doesn't have to mean high level characters in low level zones. (Source)
    You want to take away reasons for 90s to visit lowbie zones? Players would be missing out; an excuse like AH gets us to visit.
    What we have typically seen up until now is those players just don't level up their professions. It's not worth going back. (Source)

Many players hate CRZ - are you absolutely sure, game needs it?
    Yes. (Source)

Misc
    Trivia: Kalgan single-handedly made almost all of the vanilla talent trees. Trivia: Kalgan still leads the team. (Source)

why do so many long time players (me included) feel BC was the best xpac even though it was the least accessible?
    I suspect because even basic elements of WoW still felt new and shiny then. Even the best things in life aren't immune from fatigue (Source)
    Players say they like a certain expansion, but what Blizzard wants to know is WHY they like that expansion?
    True. But often the answer is "Those were the glory days of WoW for me," which is hard to recreate with just new content. (Source)

He's worried that the Alliance in 5.4 will just be along for the ride while the Horde gets all the glory.
    I understand the concern, but it's one of those no-win battles for us. (Source)
    Red & Blue are both certain that the other gets special treatment. But as I said, a lil' Red v Blue rivalry aint bad. (Source)

with features such as LFR people have a 'log on, dailies, LFR, log off' attitude now, this is where I lost my ingame friends
    Yeah it's a tough thing to solve, because that play style works very well with some people's real life commitments. (Source)

Some way to regain the lost sense of server community would help. Right now we only play with guildies and random strangers.
    I think that is well put especially the second sentence. (Source)

even a 'history' of party members would help: "you grouped with X,Y,Z in yesterday's dungeon and X is online now"
    Totally. (Source)

Any chance of toning down other players spell effects on boss encounters, or having a setting for that. Can hardly see boss!
    Yes. Working on it. (Source)

Two things that the forum posting / tweeting community tend to overestimate: number of multiboxers, number of players interested in raiding. (Source)
    Not sure if it's an echo chamber effect or if posters / tweeters tend to be hardcore or what. Just an observation. (Source)

Suit Up collapsed. Exodus collapsed. I've been in 3 25 mans this tier, all have collapsed. Please do something.
    My understanding was that Exodus did not "collapse" from a 10 v 25 issue. Is that what you're implying? (Source)
    They're not collapsing from 10 vs 25 issues. Burnout is happening, less raiders are around and 10s result. Or they disband.
    They put in 100s of attempts and demand multiple fully geared alts per player. That's not something most heroic raiders deal with. (Source)
    it was my understanding in their interview it was their own fault that type of gameplay was too much to bear.
    I wasn't trying to blame them if that was the impression I gave. I think it's just the natural evolution of the competition. (Source)

Curious, After we goto Argus next expac (wink) theres no more wow zones in lore to give us.Redoing old zones the expac future?
    You don't think we can keep whipping continents out of thin air? (Source)

Span and Port are diff lang. Why put them both in Chi Data Cntr? US servers there now have to deal w/ 2 lang barriers. Why?
    I don't know in this case. Usually it is to have a large enough group to support matchmaking. (Source)

If Players want old school: aka no lfr, flying, w/e, Is worth trying a new realm type for old school? pvp/rp/pve/"classic".
    No LFR and flying wouldn't be too hard. Going back to old talents, weapon skill, old quests would be very hard. (Source)

Voice com. required turns me off. Would love a challenge and not put on headphones,rand-bgs are getting there
    Yeah, that's a tough challenge for gaming in general. Typing is just really slow. (Source)

Do you think you should publicly announce when bots have been banned. It will show the system works and might deter botting.
    I think the head on a pike strategy can work as a deterrent. (Source)

SWTOR got random groups correct. It is server based. Server based leads to accountability.
    Realm based groups would have a very long queue time, especially on off-peak hours. How long are you willing to wait? (Source)

Dark Legacy Comics #395
    DLC #395 has been released!

Last edited by chaud; 2013-06-26 at 04:02 PM.

The priest set is very pretty.

decent priest set, for once this xpac

Hmm, wasn't Tyrael a paladin?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Foto View Post
    decent priest set, for once this xpac
    yeah it looks really nice

Deleted
    Priest set without the graphic is horrible, really can't see what people like about it apart from that, maybe the random iron bolted to dirty rags of cloth?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    Priest set without the graphic is horrible, really can't see what people like about it apart from that, maybe the random iron bolted to dirty rags of cloth?
    but it has the graphics so it´s great
    a little weird that the helm animation looks the same from every angle though

"We'd be willing to try a global LFG channel again, but I think you'd be buried in (ahem) anal spells and Chuck Norris jokes."

If only there were a way to make multiple chat tabs and customize them. Oh well!

Haha poor Horridon. I cannot help but feel vibes of Magtheridon with this guy :P

Deleted
    Nice set, I was excited for the horridon nerf since we are a bit stuck on heroic but its only for normal meeuh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axylum View Post
    Nice set, I was excited for the horridon nerf since we are a bit stuck on heroic but its only for normal meeuh
    If you're on 10-man, I'm hoping you'veb een working on other bosses first (ie. Ju-Kin and Iron Qon for example) to gear up a bit. They're significantly easier than Horridon, it may help your progress quite a bit later on

As for the Priest-set:
    It looks great with the graphics, I'm contemplating the transmog. On the other hand, it would be great if MMO-C would do priest sets the way they look in Shadowform as well, same they did with the CM set in the beta coverage.

finally, a good mop design...

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, head on a pike strategy

10+ Year Old Account
    Well... time to start farming honor on my Priest!
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Awesome Priest set... but it's for PvP, great =|

"Many players hate CRZ - are you absolutely sure, game needs it?"
    "Yes."

No, no it does not.

Deleted
    Q: Many players hate CRZ - are you absolutely sure, game needs it? true
    A: Yes. WTF

Yes = we don't care about players who pay for us. JUST GIVE US THEIR MONEY!
    I think so this answer was a spit on our face...

10+ Year Old Account
    The Archangels of the High Heavens approve of this set. Wish they would do something similar for Paladins, but instead we got a Knights Templar-ish set.

Having down Horridon on the first day of 5.2 & watching it nerfed initially (which was expected), a nerf this late isn't really not needed tho, I believe more people are having problems on normal Tortos then Horridon or are people still wiping tons on Normal Horridon?

Guess Horridon was just too hard for those normal raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Hmm, wasn't Tyrael a paladin?
    Tyrael doesn't have a class per se; Tyrael is simply an Archangel, which is kinda fitting for Priests.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterstrife View Post
    I believe more people are having problems on normal Tortos then Horridon or are people still wiping tons on Normal Horridon?
    We stacked at Horridon about 4 weeks ago, our guild collapsed after 179 wipe on that boss, because our guild master enraged. He plays GW2 with their friends...