Question Elemental lost how gemming gear.

Ok elementals shamans out there, im kinda lost.

I play in a casual guild, raiding 3nights/week but i like to see whats going on with shamans out there.. and i see a lot of them gemming 320Haste. I still gemming as always, int>haste=mastery...

So i sim my char with the gems im on: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...melex/advanced
    and with the help of askmrrobot i replaced them all with 320haste.... and i got myself losing almost 2k dps like that.

So whats going on? what am i doing wrong? Or maybe im just doing right?...see... im lost :S
    Last edited by MeleX; 2013-06-26 at 11:38 AM.

Deleted
    You should only regem if after simming your haste stat weight is twice as high as the one for INT. But you should probably take a look at your hit value first, it is way to low with the gear I see ATM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyos View Post
    You should only regem if after simming your haste stat weight is twice as high as the one for INT. But you should probably take a look at your hit value first, it is way to low with the gear I see ATM.
    Strange, the hit is close as 15% as it can get, im using reforgelite.

Quote Originally Posted by MeleX View Post
    Strange, the hit is close as 15% as it can get, im using reforgelite.
    Right now you are in resto spec, but before when you were elemental it said 13.something%

well. ok ok. thats fixed ... so what about the INT and HASTE gems?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MeleX View Post
    well. ok ok. thats fixed ... so what about the INT and HASTE gems?
    I think it really is best to sim it, there are many guides on the forums how to deal with simcraft. I have decided to go with balanced int/haste gems and reforge from mastery into haste and the other way around depending on the fight.

Simcraft tells me to go full out haste but I like having some extra spellpower and mastery for the cleave. Nearly every guide will tell you that we can pretty much go with any build we want as elemental shaman which is pretty cool. Haste edged ahead with the changes to LVB in 5.3 but you will still see high end shamans using all sorts of builds.

Quite frankly I really enjoy this freedom.

Especially using the Legendary meta like you are, you want to be careful not to cause clipping if your going to gem/reforge into a pure haste build. For your gear right now going haste building isn't bad. Once you start getting BiS gear and the clipping does become an issue, you will want to look into Mastery more. For haste we don't really want to go over 35%. Under the effects of Heroism, trinket procs, racials, etc, you will notice clipping, which will just be wasted stats into haste that could be used elsewhere during those times you are clipping.

I don't know what you guys do but basically i follow (almost) whatever Leeds ( Method ) does ;B . Ofc i adjust my stats according to my gear

I'm currently at about 7500 haste or so (armory has me reforged for resto in my ele gear so ignore that) and with my meta gem and hero popped my lava bursts are already at 1 second. I dont want to go for more haste cause I dont want to be clipping the GCD w/ hero. I see Brightleaf from BL (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tleaf/advanced ) Has about 16k haste rating. That seems a bit overkill considering im already clipping at around 7500 haste with my meta and hero.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorac View Post
    I'm currently at about 7500 haste or so (armory has me reforged for resto in my ele gear so ignore that) and with my meta gem and hero popped my lava bursts are already at 1 second. I dont want to go for more haste cause I dont want to be clipping the GCD w/ hero. I see Brightleaf from BL (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tleaf/advanced ) Has about 16k haste rating. That seems a bit overkill considering im already clipping at around 7500 haste with my meta and hero.
    I think the reason behind it is that you only have Hero + gem active at the same time for a short period of time during a boss. Can be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    I think the reason behind it is that you only have Hero + gem active at the same time for a short period of time during a boss. Can be wrong though.
    Nope, you're actually correct. Endus (or was it Binkenstein?) has said that the lust/meta overlap (clipping) duration is so short over the course of a fight that it doesn't really matter. Haste still rocks.

Bink has also said tho, for an Elemental blast build you wanna gem haste to be 4204 more than mastery, then it's haste = mastery. However, in practicality most fights truly favor Primal Elementalist - making Haste worth more as it benefits your elemental. Overall - haste seems to be king*

Sim yourself to be sure of this, of course.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorac View Post
    Because you should always optimize your char for those less than 40 seconds of each fight. The rest of the fight is simply not relevant and not worth to be considered.

Not.

Edit: Totally agree with Booniehat.

I'm pretty sure if you have the Orange Meta then your stat priority is a little weird. Your haste needs to be your mastery+4024. Bink has a blog about it here: http://www.totemspot.com/vb/entry.php?b=95

Quote Originally Posted by Booniehat View Post
    However, in practicality most fights truly favor Primal Elementalist
    Only if you don't know how to stutter step cast EB. The only fight in all heroic modes I ever went PE on was Council and that was just for a high burst on Sul. Otherwise EB always comes out slightly on top for damage done.

Deleted
    Jikun, jinrokh, tortos (if on bat duty), durumu (depends on build) primo, and lei shen favors PE imo. PE is currently 0.5% behind for me, and on fights where you cl instead of EB EB looses value.

Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid1 View Post
    Only if you don't know how to stutter step cast EB. The only fight in all heroic modes I ever went PE on was Council and that was just for a high burst on Sul. Otherwise EB always comes out slightly on top for damage done.
    I'll bite. What on earth is stutter step elemental blast? I've done it in RTS/MOBAs but not in wow.

The only times you should use a yellow stat gem in place of an orange hybrid are either when you need to meet a haste break point, which for me is around 22%, or if the value of a 320 mastery gem outweighs an 80 int 160 mastery gem. That second instance only happens in the higher ilvls, around 520 and up though. When I replaced some of my orange gems with fractured sun's radiance's, my mastery went over the 50% point and my dps shot up pretty high.

Quote Originally Posted by Booniehat View Post
    I'll bite. What on earth is stutter step elemental blast? I've done it in RTS/MOBAs but not in wow.
    Stop moving long enough to get off EB. There really isn't a fight where you can't get EB cast on CD if you manage SWG correctly. Heroic Lei Shen is the only one if you get a bad wind, even then it's only a slight delay.