Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Wrong, its exactly how it works. There is 0 reason functionally why Blizzard could not reduce player damage by 65%, reduce NPC health by 65%, then remove resilience. The only reason to keep damage so dramatically high compared to player health, is PVE EPEEN. BIG NUMBERS RAWR! That's it.

PvP has been getting fucked over by the PVE EPEEN Inflating damage system since Wrath. Resilience shouldnt exist in its current form. It serves no purpose that could not be achieved by the Devs setting player DPS around player health, instead of setting player dps around PVE'r EPEEN.
    wrong, thats exactly not how it works.

Deleted
    They should just reboot pvp altogether, remove instant casts, give everyone 2 cc's max, 1 interrupt and adress hybrids and hunters. Fully seperate from pve.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    PVP gets nerfed because of PVE as well..just look at the 65% resilience..that was purely to encourage raiders to pvp more -.-
    That was fucking stupid and un-needed change personally.

---------- Post added 2013-06-29 at 07:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by impfernal View Post
    They should just reboot pvp altogether, remove instant casts, give everyone 2 cc's max, 1 interrupt and adress hybrids and hunters. Fully seperate from pve.
    Separate the pvE and PVP other games have done it hell THEY'VE DONE it example

Find weakness is 100% on NPC's however on players it is 50%

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    wrong, thats exactly not how it works.
    Care to back that up? Oh wait you cant. The only reason damage is as high as it is, so high that everyone is given 65% passive damage reduction, is PVE player EPEEN. If they dont see big numbers, they have a small dick and cry.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

I think Blizzard shouldnt implement half the stuff to begin with. It's like they don't think 'oh wait, maybe vengeance in PvP will cause tanks to hit hard', they just get over excited by new concepts and end up having to nerf them anyway.

One other company already have found a solution to this problem.They always split the spells,talents and everything on two - PvE and PvP.For instance you have fire ball which is doing in PvE 2k dmg and in PvP it will be 1k.
    So when you balance one part of the game(PvE) you don't have to worry that you have buffed or nerfed the other one(PvP).I don't know why blizzard haven't done that.They are not reiventing the wheel or something.They will just use a system that already exists and is proven to work.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm sick of Blizzard messing up PvP by trying to make it more PvE friendly. Works both ways.

Everything I say is absolute. If you disagree, you're a communist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slonah View Post
    I hate players in PvE gear being viable in PvP while players in PvP gear are not viable for PvE
    That's because it is really, really easy to get pvp gear. With a minimal ammount of skill I earned 10k conquest last week. That equated to about a helm, a robe, a weapon, and a offhand. There is no way in hell I would ever get that in a raid.

Getting raid bosses down are harder than doing the basic minimum to get conquest and get gear for pvp.

That is why it does not go both ways. It's between getting full 496 in a week, and weeks to get close to that in pve

---------- Post added 2013-06-30 at 03:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vamandrac View Post
    I'm sick of Blizzard messing up PvP by trying to make it more PvE friendly. Works both ways.
    Yeeeaaaah no. This is first and foremost a PVE game. arenas was an after thought. This is why you get one new arena a x pack and we get tons of goodies.

The original point of PVP was for raiders to beat the shit out of eachother. Arena ruined that. BUT, Blizzard still seems to think it should be raiders beating on the other, so they refuse to change spells to be pvp and pve specific, or make a pvp spec for simple ass balancing
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Yeeeaaaah no. This is first and foremost a PVE game. arenas was an after thought. This is why you get one new arena a x pack and we get tons of goodies.

The original point of PVP was for raiders to beat the shit out of eachother. Arena ruined that. BUT, Blizzard still seems to think it should be raiders beating on the other, so they refuse to change spells to be pvp and pve specific, or make a pvp spec for simple ass balancing
    Thats your opinion. PvP existed from the beginning. This game wouldnt be what it is today if it wasnt for pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Xecks View Post
    anyone with me? i am sooooo tired of it . hunters are getting boned cause of it and so are locks.
    I was sick of it 7 years ago... <.<

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    Thats your opinion. PvP existed from the beginning. This game wouldnt be what it is today if it wasnt for pvp.
    You're right; it'd be better. =P

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sick of PvE causing PvP nerfs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm happy to have moved from Rogue to a tank. Brewmaster PVP ain't gonna ruin shit for me.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Xecks View Post
    well i guess i should add more.
    stampede was a big dmg boost in pve and it is a lvl 87 skill the last one we learn. it SHOULD do high dmg.
    Who says that? Lifeswap didn't do damage at all and it's a 87 ability

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but you are confusing PvP, with Arenas. "PvP' is balanced around predominately around arena, secondary balance around BG's (small). Has been since its inception(Arena).

Hell, Rob Prado even said the implementation of Arenas was one of his biggest mistakes.
    "Oh, wretched ephemeral race, children of chance and misery, why do you compel me to tell you what it would be more expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is utterly beyond your reach; not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. But the second best for you is --- to die soon." Silenus

No, he said Arena was an afterthought. That's not an opinion.

PvP at launch was completely non-structured and had zero rewards. It was a throwaway addon that required a huge amount of work before it became a viable way to play the game.

Complain all you like, PvE was the original and main focus for WoW. It still is, and yet suffers because of PvP.

And yeah, PvP works better in PvE then PvE gear works in PvP. That's what PvP Power is for, and why it has no itemlevel budget anymore.

Deleted
    stampede was a big dmg boost in pve and it is a lvl 87 skill the last one we learn. it SHOULD do high dmg.
    something designed so retarded like stampede should never have come into the game

Hell, Rob Prado even said the implementation of Arenas was one of his biggest mistakes.
    No, he bitched about how hard was the balancing after the implementation and said that they didn't except to have so much work afterwards. Just typical blizzard.

goddies like LFR, watered down raids and dumbed down classes. k
    and we dont even need more content, that why there are countless full private AT realms.
    Last edited by mmoc4f448e7a9a; 2013-06-30 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post

No. This is a RP game, sit down to your RPing overlords.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    something designed so retarded like stampede should never have come into the game

No, he bitched about how hard was the balancing after the implementation and said that they didn't except to have so much work afterwards. Just typical blizzard.
    http://wow.joystiq.com/2009/11/13/bl...ere-a-mistake/

Pardo indicates that most of the changes to the game since launch have been a success -- the shrinking of raid sizes, the addition of Heroic dungeons, etc -- but that Arena has been a huge headache for Blizzard and players alike. He goes on to say that if he had the choice, he'd either go back to WoW's beginnings and change the fundamentals of class balance, or, barring that, would nix the decision to add Arenas during the development of the Burning Crusade expansion.
    That's not to say they wouldn't have added it in WotLK, but he wasnt Lead Dev then so... yeah.
    Last edited by Todgruppe; 2013-06-30 at 09:45 AM.
    "Oh, wretched ephemeral race, children of chance and misery, why do you compel me to tell you what it would be more expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is utterly beyond your reach; not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. But the second best for you is --- to die soon." Silenus

Deleted
    Do you even read? They/he never said that arena was the mistakes, they bitched how much they have to work to please all of the playerbases. The only one that said arenas were a mistake was the article writer who lacks comprehension skills.

he even said in the full interview

I'm not sure that that was the right thing to do with the game.
    and

If I could go back in time before we shipped WoW, I would have either made serious changes to basic class balance to facilitate that type of play, or if I went back to when we had the idea two years later, I would have said, "Maybe we shouldn't go there."
    Doesn't sound like someone that would scrap of arenas. He isn't even sure about everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Who cares, it's PvE, if the boss dies it dies.

PvP competition is much more reliant on individual balance

And resilience only exists because PvE'ers (including me) want to see big numbers, which make zero difference at all, because it's relative anyway
    PVP balance is a myth that PVP'r's constantly strive for, you can only get it in an FPS where skill is the only factor deciding a win (plus maybe a bit of luck).

The simple fact that players are using different classes and abilities has caused blizzard to strive to homogenise classes and make them less fun to play in PVE.

DK's are a prime example of this as upon launch they were highly survivable and a lot of fun to PVE but were completely OP in the hands of a medium skilled player in PVP hence they got nerfed to oblivion.

To my mind Blizzard should be spending more time adapting what the abilities of certain classes do to other players and getting the ratio of player health vs boss health back to original design levels, then the big numbers won't become such an issue.