Thread: Hunter vs Mage

Deleted

Thumbs up Hunter vs Mage

Hello,
    What is your opinion about Hunter vs Mage too OP?
    I play mage from wow start, i know that the mage has been too PRO in pvp, but at the same time i think it's ridiculous that a class does not have a minimal chance of winning against another.
    What do you think about?

Thanks

1v1 on even grounds u shouldnt win
    could be a little different in arena

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunters and Ferals along with Locks destroy Mages. Honestly, Mages are probably one of the most overrated 1v1 specs in the game along with Rogues. They both counter some classes/specs completely but have too many class/spec counters themselves.

Deleted
    Hunter vs. anything is OP as fuck right now.

Wanna know how I fight huntards with ww monk ? It involves alot of bending over.

Quote Originally Posted by Day Dreamer View Post

Wanna know how I fight huntards with ww monk ? It involves alot of bending over.
    Try dk siting in blood presence with conversion or shadow priest with offheal.

Seriously, this "mage is so OP" crap needs to stop. Whats funny is that most of the time its a hunter/lock whining about it, which they COUNTER us. A hunter's stampede will take my mages health down to half before I can even blink. Our defensives are so meaningless, that we HAVE to rely on kiting to survive, which is extremely hard when a hunter's pet is teleporting to you every split second. You can't interrupt hunters. Yet they can interrupt you. They have 3 trinkets, which works for their pet too, so guess what, you can't freeze the thing either. Hunters are nearly IMPOSSIBLE to beat for mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    Seriously, this "mage is so OP" crap needs to stop. Whats funny is that most of the time its a hunter/lock whining about it, which they COUNTER us. A hunter's stampede will take my mages health down to half before I can even blink. Our defensives are so meaningless, that we HAVE to rely on kiting to survive, which is extremely hard when a hunter's pet is teleporting to you every split second. You can't interrupt hunters. Yet they can interrupt you. They have 3 trinkets, which works for their pet too, so guess what, you can't freeze the thing either. Hunters are nearly IMPOSSIBLE to beat for mages.
    1. you do know a full 20s stampede will hit a player for approx 200-250k total damage, so i highly doubt saying that stampede got you down that quickly unless you were dumb enough to take the full duration
    im pretty sure army of crows will do similar or even more damage and thats on a 2min cd
    stampede is useful to cause name plate issues, but the same can be said for mirror images

2. blink strike has a cd of 20s and min range of 10yards, so what are you talking about every split second lol

3. silence shot on 24s cd, melee have it on 15s, soon only MM will have silence, but ill hand you that

4. yes you can freeze the pet, you see the pet red, u freeze them that means he used BW alrdy, unless he blows readiness or other trinket, you got pet freeze, frost nova and cold snap frost nova so dont tell me you cant freeze his pet

so how about have a glass of get the facts straight about huntards

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you think Warriors felt against Mages since the beginning of time? PvP is not balanced around 1v1, so it doesn't matter ^^

---------- Post added 2013-06-27 at 12:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Day Dreamer View Post

Hunters aren't instawin against EVERY class, I was fighting a DK in arena and I couldn't touch him due to conversion. Kited him, slowed him, los'ed him, doesn't matter.

---------- Post added 2013-06-27 at 12:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    No it won't, wish people would stop spreading this crap about Stampede. OH THERE'S LOADS OF PETS, THEY MUST HIT FOR 32840242 DAMAGE A HIT, they barely tickle. There's also ways to stop them getting to you etc. The only thing they do is cause clutter and pushback. Next patch it may as well be named to ticklepede.

---------- Post added 2013-06-27 at 12:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Khwaj View Post
    4. yes you can freeze the pet, you see the pet red, u freeze them that means he used BW alrdy, unless he blows readiness or other trinket, you got pet freeze, frost nova and cold snap frost nova so dont tell me you cant freeze his pet
    If they use Master's Call whilst in BW, the pet will be immune (8 sec if glyphed).
    Last edited by TJ; 2013-06-27 at 11:17 AM.

Deleted
    mages arent even op atm..

Only thing frost mages get is pretty insane burst in deep and good cc in the form of roots, slows, poly and imp cs.
    Hunters on the other hand have silence, stun, disorient, freeze i dunno what and they can do it twice. There is also a pet that claws for 20-30k so deffo not nothing.
    You can try to outplay the hunter but he should win 9 times out of 10.

Deleted
    Mages destroy hunters imo. Many other classes/spec too... I'm not that much into PvP though, it has always been kinda imbalanced, and it's getting worse to me...

15+ Year Old Account
    Both BM and Frost are too strong in my view, difference is that frost require some skill unlike BM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TDrog View Post
    Mages destroy hunters imo. Many other classes/spec too... I'm not that much into PvP though, it has always been kinda imbalanced, and it's getting worse to me...
    HA.. hunters destroy mages.

Deleted
    Mages destroy hunters imo.
    Ok, and how do mages handle hunters who are not afk ?

That's clear.

A good Mage versus a good Hunter right now will lose 9/10 times. And right now, it doesn't take much to be a 'good' Hunter.

10+ Year Old Account
    A good hunter will ALWAYS beat a good mage. Hunters and ferals are extreme hard counters to mages.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    An average hunter will ALWAYS beat a good mage. Hunters and ferals are extreme hard counters to mages.
    This is more like it.

Mages arnt as cracked up as everyone makes out. I put my ret aside and made a mage only to be disappointed once I hit max pvp gear that I was hard counted by more classes than my pally. hunters and locks especially.

needless to say im back to my paladin again.