Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Will the numbers just keep getting bigger and bigger?

Ok, I know things can be scaled, but really, considering how much stats increase in WoW from one expansion to the other, am I the only one who finds it a bit silly that if this continues, we'll be eventually doing 5 million dps, have the HP of bosses and what not?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you care about numbers is what I'm fascinated about be it big or small? They even stated themselves shit felt so wrong when they tried to crunch it lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope not

The brain can imagine smaller numbers much better than it can imagine big numbers, so if all the numbers are small, slightly larger ones mean more

Yeah they should do some item crunchin

There was talk of doing a stat "squish" before MoP, but I think the devs had a hard time finding a good way to do it. And no one really liked the idea of only doing 5k dps again, even though pretty much everyone accepts that it's going to be crazy having 10k+ on each stat in the next expansion.

what does it matter if you hit 100 or 100 million when you just hit 0.1% of the boss' hp in either attacks? it would only feel unnatural to go down in damage and it doesnt make any difference in gameplay.

I don't see a problem with item squish, or not doing it, it is all relative anyway. 200k+ single target now is the top end, but so what if it becomes 10k-30k in the next patch.

I dont care if my envenoms hit for 500k or 50k, as long as it all remains relative to the content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    It's just a number. All they have to do is add something like 150k, 237k, 756k in the meters instead of 150,143 & 237,112 & 756,419

It's just a number.

I'd like to see the crush/squish come in next expansion.

The numbers in Mists are just getting ridiculous, and part of me hopes that they inflated them SO much so that more players would notice just how silly it's getting.

Everyone's overlooking another issue; bigger numbers are harder on the servers.

Deleted
    Are you sure you are feeling sooooo bad about it that you wanna waste resources on rescaling all the content, every item, all the bosses and mobs in old raids,every instance and open world and every single spell ingame just to see smaller numbers that mean exactly same thing in the end?

I think they should focus on other stuff instead.

Deleted
    They already explained it some time ago with itemlevel, they want us to feel power progression

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    ^^ Exactly I'd rather them spend time where it counts instead of crunching... Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    Why do you care about numbers is what I'm fascinated about be it big or small? They even stated themselves shit felt so wrong when they tried to crunch it lol
    Because it'd be ridiculous to reach a point where your fireball does 300 trillion damage.

Something as simple as displaying a huge number can get problematic, eventually, and as I said, considering how much we grow in power with each expansion, it won't be long till we see 1 million dps or so.

Deleted
    as someone pointed out....doesnt matter if you do 1k, 10k or 100k dps.......it all depends on how that relates to the Bosses Maximum health.

for example if you did 1k dps and boss had 60k health....60sec fight

if you did 100k dps and boss had 6mil Health....still a 60sec fight

if blizzard want to do a number squish then by all means.......but for us it really doesnt mean anything and wont affect gameplay at all....will just be a different number u see popping up on your screen

and we are a long way away from these 300 trillion fireballs etc people seem to use as part of their argument.

Quote Originally Posted by akrusLJ View Post
    as someone pointed out....doesnt matter if you do 1k, 10k or 100k dps.......it all depends on how that relates to the Bosses Maximum health.

for example if you did 1k dps and boss had 60k health....60sec fight

if you did 100k dps and boss had 6mil Health....still a 60sec fight

if blizzard want to do a number squish then by all means.......but for us it really doesnt mean anything and wont affect gameplay at all....will just be a different number u see popping up on your screen
    Doing 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, damage on a Boss with 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 HP....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abda View Post
    Are you sure you are feeling sooooo bad about it that you wanna waste resources on rescaling all the content, every item, all the bosses and mobs in old raids,every instance and open world and every single spell ingame just to see smaller numbers that mean exactly same thing in the end?

I think they should focus on other stuff instead.
    The code to do it is already written, it's just a matter of flicking a switch at this point. I don't care either way for what it's worth.

I can't wait til I can kill major Warcraft bosses such as Lich King, Yogg Saron, and Illidan in 5 seconds.

What epic fights.

In all seriousness, I personally remember the days of Vanilla and TBC when you could actually PvP and kill someone who was a few levels higher than you. This was world PvP at its finest. Now if someone is even 1-2 levels above you then you are at a huge disadvantage. This is my biggest problem with the gear stats getting out of control, someone who is in full heroic DS gear who just came back to the game is going to get blown up by someone in greens who is 2-3 levels higher than him.

I am fine with older content slowly becoming easier due to stat scaling, but I have no idea why Blizzard is scaling it up so much. We went from 10k HP in TBC to 40k HP in Wotlk to 150k in Cata to 500k+ in MoP. Wake up Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoon View Post
    someone who is in full heroic DS gear who just came back to the game is going to get blown up by someone in greens who is 2-3 levels higher than him.
    thats not true, i kept most of my ds heroic items untill like lvl 88-89, some even untill lvl 90.

Deleted
    World of Warcraft Patch 6.0 PTR

General

- The Great Stat Squish™ has occured. Ilvls, damage and health of all players and NPCs in the world (of warcraft) have been redesigned and are now lower overall. Fear not, your damage dealt will still be the same, relative to the health of other players, bosses, NPCs and mobs... For example:

Patch 5.5
    Player hits mob with 400K health for 100K damage, taking off 25% of their life.

Patch 6.0
    Player hits mob with 4k health for 1k damage, taking off 25% of their life.

Classes

- Mage

Mages are unaffected by The Great Stat Squish™ and will continue to pump out pre-6.0 damage. (have fun)