Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Account banned for have a name reported?

I've seen people with EXTREMEly Vulgar names just to get a simple Flag for rename. Yet i have a name that isn't vulgar at all, and get 72 hour ban. Cant fathom why people stop playing wow.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's got to be more then that like I just can't believe that.

HugeblakCawk = Name Change
    Brolester = 72 hour ban.

Quote Originally Posted by shamazinng View Post
    Brolester = 72 hour ban.
    not vulger but worse imo

Brolester = 72 hour ban.
    Repeat offenses result in escalation of penalties. Plus, the names you chose are kind of high up on the no-go scale.

HugeblakCawk Was not my name, it was just an example of someone else who got a name change for having.

You got what you asked for.
    Now swallow the huge blue cawk.

15+ Year Old Account
    account actions depend on how bad the name is. if it's something about a lil kid or a race, you are heading toward a ban very quickly, especially if you have been educated in the past about char names

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Brolester = 72 hour ban.
    First time having the name change experience, that's all you get, the name change experience.

Having the name change experience for the 3rd/5th/10th time and/or not new to the penalty volcano? You get the ban experience.

Plus, as mentioned, these are terrible names. It is a sword and sorcery fantasy RPG after all.

Why do people always say "why did I get banned because of name X when I saw name Y?"? You violated the naming policy, you got a temp ban.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    why would you even try to be "clever" you know it was borderline at best.. just be an adult and think before you name your character. something borderline should actually ring that bell in your brain as something that should just remain a lil inside joke.. inside your head, and chose something else.

blatant or masked = still against the rules. being clever doesnt = free from punishment. people dont look at it and go.. oh that is so clever, we will just forgive you. nope.. they say that was clever but still against the rules so bam.. punished.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2013-06-27 at 03:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

cry me a river, there is no way you would have NOT gotten reported with a name that is a molestation joke, and you know it. be glad you only got 72 hours

10+ Year Old Account
    For two years, I've wanted to make an alt with a "punny" name, just because. However, I'd hate having to think up a proper name for something that was meant to "carry the joke", as it were, so I've held the urge in check.

Therefore, Crohntroll the Frost Mage of obvious heritage remains but an idea.

Also, what MisterMxyzptlk said.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    just be an adult and think before you...
    Best advice I've seen here on MMO-Champ for a person's in-game problems. Think.

10+ Year Old Account
    mate had his account banned for having a hunter called cumrug and his pet cumpanions and other toons called cumshower and his guild was the cumpanions.. perma banned he was.. but he did get warnings... lol

ok, so, if his name was Lester by some chance and chose that name why should it be illegal. I've seen names like rapemachine, Fookdindealley and Theblacknoose for years without ban even after reports against them. So Brolester imo is not anywhere near a bannable name. I could be wrong but i doubt they made the name under the premise of any molestation jokes

Quote Originally Posted by Terrorwave View Post
    ok, so, if his name was Lester by some chance and chose that name why should it be illegal. I've seen names like rapemachine, Fookdindealley and Theblacknoose for years without ban even after reports against them. So Brolester imo is not anywhere near a bannable name. I could be wrong but i doubt they made the name under the premise of any molestation jokes
    Reports are completely depended upon what other players have submitted, just by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    What's so bad about Brolester, lol?

It's just a funny name. Cancel your subscription and tell Blizzard to go fuck themselves if stuff like that gets reported. What is this, kindergarten?
    A name based around molesting a Bro is not 'just a funny name'. There are young players in the game, even if they are 13 that is not actually a grown up, even these days. Usually a ban is given when someone's idea of changing a name is changing something like Brolester to Brólester to Broléster etc. When I report an obscene name, i make the person a 'friend', so I can see if the name is changed, and if it is changed cosmetically, I re-report it, and point out what the player did to get around the forced name change. I am sure I am not the only one, not everyone in the game is a 14-15 year old boy who thinks it is clever to have an obscene name or to try and get around Blizzard by using alternate characters. If you do not like Blizzard rules about names, then it is a good idea to stop paying and playing. If you like the game more than having a childishly obscene name, then bite the bullet and follow the rules.

I've had alts with funny, slightly dirty names for some time now...

I had "Eyeluvanul" for some time, I've since deleted the character, back in WOTLK I think cuz I needed space on the server but She was some cruddy level 1 bank toon that i'd troll trade chat with, never got a name change. It's not like people didn't see my name, i'd constantly be in trade chat.