Poll: Do you play single player or multiplayer the most?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Single Player or Multiplayer? (Console)

Which do you play on consoles? Multiplayer or single player?

Also, if you don't mind, which console do you play MP/SP on?

(No console wars, please)

EDIT: I tend to play multiplayer all the time on the Xbox 360. I have no idea what the ecosystem for multiplayer is like on the PSN, so when I get the PS4 later this year it'll be interesting to see all the little nuances and see how big multiplayer is on the dark side.
    Last edited by Xl House lX; 2013-06-27 at 03:19 PM.
    Call me House.

I dont have a console anymore but when i did i loved coop like gears of war etc with my brother. I also loved long rpg's like the elderscrolls serie but coop was the best. That was on xbox and xbox 360.
    Do you hear the voices too?

I don't currently own a console, but I used to enjoy playing co-op games with my family. Online play was sometimes fun, and when you had good matches it was really amazing, but a lot of the community is pretty vile, and every 11 year old has a microphone and thinks their the next big bad gangster ...

Personally I use my ps3 for single players games, I feel the pc is better for Online

10+ Year Old Account
    I love playing local co-op with my brother. (Xbox 360)

I like to play multiplayer games on the xbox and single player games on the ps3. That being said, I'll probably only own a PS4 for a good part of the next console generation, meaning it'll be my one-stop-shop for all console gaming.

I generally prefer single player to multiplayer, though. The only restriction to success is your own skill, and you don't have to worry about being matched with a bad team or superior enemies. No dealing with annoying kids who haven't grown out of the 'fag' and 'n word phase', all of the dialogue is already pre-written by professionals. I can also do everything at my own pace without having to worry about others judging my style of plays: If I want to be, stealthy, go commando, watch every single cut scene, skip every cut scene, rush through the game, or explore the game's environments with the speed of molasses, I can do it without someone criticizing me and questioning my sexual preference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Singleplayer only. Using my PC for multiplayer games. :3

10+ Year Old Account
    I use my PS3 for most of my single player games and occasionally for an Online Game of NHL 13 otherwise I do all my multi-player games on PC.

15+ Year Old Account
    Singleplayer, i hate the lack of pin point controll with the console and a few other things which i won't go in to (don't want to start a pc vs console debate). I only play consoles for exclusives that aren't on the PC.

Deleted
    Singleplayer only

Almost exclusively single player. Only a few games I own even have multiplayer, and I rarely play those online anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would couch co-op fall under multi-player? I have it stuck in my head multiplayer is online with many players ie CoD.

I only play single player games on my consoles, mostly JRPGs. Multiplayer is reserved for the PC.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

Deleted
    Easily singleplayer, multiplayer is extremely overrated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mainly just single player. I don't really care much about multiplayer on the console, and when it comes to multiplayer I generally prefer co-op, mainly cause screwing around can be far funnier than PvP.

My console is a party tool. Everything else happens on PC so I guess multiplayer in more traditional console sense.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totori View Post
    Mainly just single player. I don't really care much about multiplayer on the console, and when it comes to multiplayer I generally prefer co-op, mainly cause screwing around can be far funnier than PvP.
    This is so true! I haven't played co-op in such a long time. I think that is one of the main reasons I'm looking forward to Destiny a lot.
    Call me House.

No console game ever came close to how epic Halo 1 split screen on the original Xbox was.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

10+ Year Old Account
    Single player but will play local MP with wife. This may change for Destiny.

Equally both I'd say. The multiplayer would include mostly private games or local. This is all with the 360 currently.