Deleted

How to kill disc priest/mist weaver monk as Ret.

I rerolled recently to Ret got full tyr and all so it's not a gear issue however whenever my resto shammy partner and I get to right below 1900 rating in 2s we either get Disc priest or MW monk + random dps and we always seem to struggle. Is there anyone more experienced who can shed some light on this subject PLEASE? How do you kill them?

I usually open up my burst with guardian (building the strenght stacks) then HA+Wings and trinket then switch (running with judgement glyph) and lets say it's a disc priest, it feels like all I'm killing is his shields and he gets away. And when it comes to monks I just dont even....

I dont think you can kill healers in wow 1vs1 unless you are a dk, that's just how wow works, healers are immortal against one dps. Im talking about healers in full pvp gear and know's their shit. Two dps works best in 2vs2.

Not a very good tip from me im sure someone can give you some pointers, but thats just my view on healers.

Edit: maby you can try to force cd's without using your own cd's then pop swifty when he used everything, dont think thats possible though.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2013-06-28 at 04:34 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Deleted
    I sort of feel the same one thing that I noticed the last game we played earlier today aswell is that people parry ALOT even tho I'm above 3% expertise, aint 3% supposed to be the cap or have I missed something? (They have even parried from behind, I've been standing right behind ppl several times and they parry -.-)

You can kill a disc priest if you and your shaman co-ordinate and ensure he is fully purged when you switch to him. HOJ'ing his aura mastery will help exponentially, and ensure you get dispel/tremor'd out of his fear quickly.

Its an uphill battle to kill a disc priest as anything but a dk, but its doable. Probably easier to kill his dps in a blind/rep/hoj/hex combo, but also switching hard to him with cd's is viable.

Deleted
    I just feel so helpless against them, like it's nigh impossible to kill them. What would you recommend against a priest FoS or BoG?

Forgot to mention, I play horde so what trinket do you guys recommend part from Medallion?

Quote Originally Posted by Kauro View Post
    I rerolled recently to Ret got full tyr and all so it's not a gear issue however whenever my resto shammy partner and I get to right below 1900 rating in 2s we either get Disc priest or MW monk + random dps and we always seem to struggle. Is there anyone more experienced who can shed some light on this subject PLEASE? How do you kill them?

I usually open up my burst with guardian (building the strenght stacks) then HA+Wings and trinket then switch (running with judgement glyph) and lets say it's a disc priest, it feels like all I'm killing is his shields and he gets away. And when it comes to monks I just dont even....
    The problem is your running ret/healer in 2s. Ret isnt supposed to be able to down healers by itself, and rshams are probably the least offensive healer for a ret to partner with (besides hpally). If you had your own disc, or an rdruid, you could cc chain alot harder and land kills easier. However, rets bring a ton of utility and support and healing so they really can't drop a disc priest (which is the strongest healer btw) without significant help from a teammate, as it should be.

By the way, its sounds like your popping guardian, waiting a bit, then blowing wings/HA. Priests have the absolute best preemptive defensives if they know burst is coming. If I see a guardian come out, you can bet I will be stacking spirit shell on everyone and everything while pre-shielding and probably throwing psyfiend and such. If your nuking my teammate then blow guardian, you can bet if you switch to me i'll have a 300k+ shield on myself unless your shammy is locking me down.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can kill an MW monk with ease. Or at least force major CDs. I play MW monk and the class which annoys me most is ret. They kill me so fast unless I use some big CDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    You can kill an MW monk with ease. Or at least force major CDs. I play MW monk and the class which annoys me most is ret. They kill me so fast unless I use some big CDs.
    ALL healers have abilities that ensure they can counter burst if they're not cc'd. As it just so happens, the only cc during which ret can damage the MW monk also makes the monk immune to ALL of the ret's damage for the duration of the hoj/foj.

Anyways, I think it's agreed that in 2's you more often than not don't kill the healer but just keep him cc'd long enough for you to kill his partner. The killing of the healer is pretty much impossible in 2's unless you're running double dps until the 5.4 arena change goes through.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Ret pop cd's heal/cc through it, kill ret, match over.