Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

"Exciting'' PvP changes in 5.4?

As you can see on the front page.

What could these changes be? Personally im clueless. If they had to take down arenas on the PTR, it must be something big...

No one knows yet. Waiting for them to release more information.

10+ Year Old Account
    arenas removed?

i kid, i don't know
    dragonmaw - EU

Fingers crossed for separation of spells between PvE and PvP tunings. It HAS to happen someday...whenever they can manage to swallow their pride and give in to something they've been wrong about for many many years.

Realistically though I have no idea. Something that many threads will be created about full of people hating on it while others come to defend it, etc.

It could be skirmishes, it could be region-wide battlegroups, it could be them just implementing a gradual buff like what is on AT.

They could be adding more / different versions of Arena maps, although I imagine that would've got datamined in the most recent PTR patch.

We'll have to wait and see.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Fingers crossed for separation of spells between PvE and PvP tunings. It HAS to happen someday...whenever they can manage to swallow their pride and give in to something they've been wrong about for many many years.

Realistically though I have no idea. Something that many threads will be created about full of people hating on it while others come to defend it, etc.
    That has nothing to do with "swallowing their pride" So don't try and spread misinformation, creating duplicates of every spell would just create a ton more work, and balancing issues would take twice as long, if they bring that out, it won't be because of pride, it will be because they managed to come up with a system that works.

I guess it is region wide arenas and personal arena rating rbglike

Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    I guess it is region wide arenas and personal arena rating rbglike
    Yeah, I think it is this. Region Wide arenas and a personal rating. Everyone that I know wants to have multiple arena teams and to have a larger battlegroup.

Since we're guessing, and that's really all we can do at this point. My guess: it will be 'Heroic' Battlegrounds.

One can wish. IoC and AV are perfect for this. I think GC even mentioned considering, making these their 'own' thing. Then you have WG and TB that I am sure can be instanced and thrown into the mix. I guess here the definition is a bg that requires 40 individuals and gives a greater reward.

Takes a couple bg's out of the CTA 'rotation', allows us to then hopefully still pick 2 bg's to blacklist and it would give us PvP'ers another layer of depth.

Oh old AV... how I miss thee....

It's obviously another Battleground with vehicles.

WW monks get to use touch of death on players with 100% health. FUCK YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jk. =(

New 5.4 PvP feature:

While in arena, you can observe the other players in the arena when they pet battle.

More at 5.

Cross realm arenas, skirmishes, all battlegroups merged? :O

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope it's scaled to level 80 Wintergrasp, and 85 Tol'Barad or something, and have them be queueable all the time, based on different servers in your battlegroups.

Skirms, Spectator Client, Gradual buff, or even a change to the maps, but that one is highly unlikely, we don't want a repeat of RoV.

They could also add in the tech they need for cross realm arena that they are implementing, that's my first guess though.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post

I've suggested the split between PvE and PvP many times. I think spells should have the same name and the same icon, but the coefficients and some effects (slows, stuns, etc.) should be decoupled. As a result, a third saved spec/talent set (dual specialization becomes tri-specialization) that's PvP-only.

Deleted
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/item-sets/1203-...rs-distinction

Is this the new change? A subtle way to force pvper to get pvp trinkets?

Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/item-sets/1203-...rs-distinction

Is this the new change? A subtle way to force pvper to get pvp trinkets?
    Doubtful, they wouldn't need to disable arenas for this.

Return of Old Alterac Valley?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne