Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Was doing FL with guildies not long after it was released and we were working on Shannox and our dumbass Mage kept getting nailed by traps, and we kep wiping. He kept apologizing, and after three wipes started blaming his lack of coordination on the fact he was drinking. I lost it, told him if he wasn't man enough to handle his alcohol and raid he shouldn't fucking raid. He called me a dick and said I wouldn't be any better at raiding while intoxicated, to which 4 other guild mates responded that myself and another are the only two people they've ever seen raid better drunk than sober. Long story short he logged, and quit playing for probably six months. Good news is he still won't talk to me.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    Man you just got baited your self making your self look like one of those ''protectors''

I'm just saying
    You're just saying but I have no idea what you're saying.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    You're just saying but I have no idea what you're saying.
    If you don't know what a protector is or a white knight within the internet then I'm not even going to bother explaining that shit to you lol

Deleted
    I've made a person cry once, while I was raidleading. He has been mad at me for months.

We were progressing through HC Dragon Soul at the time. We never had any issues exept for recruitment. We were always lacking 1-2 players. I changed roles on the fly, I had a geared tank, healer and dps. One wednesday night we were doing Morchok HC. Pretty easy fight, not? My bf, whom I know is a good tank, was tanking the stronger Morchok, while the warrior tank was tanking the weaker Morchok. I was healing the stronger and the holy paladin was healing on the weaker. Suddenly the warrior got one shot. The paladin healer soaked the stomp well (checked combat logs). The warrior got "one shot" by the combination of stomp and a melee hit and the first tick of the shard.

We decided to go again, because bad luck happens. Untill the same happened again. My bf was not having any issues tanking at that time. The paladin was healing fine too, so was stomp soaking. And we went again. This time I went to the warrior's side to check on him and send the paladin to the harder side. Okay, not such a good idea, the paladin's lack of gear made us wipe. Changed again and wiped again because of the warrior. And again. I think we wiped 6 or 7 times because of the warrior, untill I removed him from raid (nicely, I apologised) and pugged a new tank. One shotted Morchok HC after that.

After I removed the warrior, which I happened to have on real id, he went offline from ventrilo, sent some emo messages in real-id broadcast and logged off, even though I asked him to talk to him later. The next time I found him online, he told me that he wanted to play his game the way he liked and he didn't find wow fun if he couldn't play how he liked (without reforging or looking up how to play his class). His facebook was full of whining and attention seeking.

Sometimes I wonder if I did right. We were a 2x3 guild, not raiding often, but (trying to) hardcore, he didn't fit in. But I hurted his feelings hard. I wish I could have helped him. I've looked up stuff for him, guides etc, but it didn't help. And since I had 8 lvl 85 classes, and warrior was not one of those, I didn't know how to play one. Do you think I did right?
    Last edited by mmoc7be6787211; 2013-06-29 at 02:14 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogmanlolz View Post
    So last night me and my guild are prepping to do some normal ToT, but first we voted we should do a heroic HoF first to "get a feel" of raiding because it's the first time we all raided together. So we get to Imperial Vizier Zor'lok and people are dying to attenuation. I don't know if it was a lack of healer or just badness.

So after the 4th wipe on heroic, he just goes berserk on the healers, which are mostly females, calling them names etc. And then we hear someone crying and its a girl. Anyways someone comes on vent and cusses our raid leader out and kicked him out the guild. It was the GM and the girl was his fiancee nd they were engaged. So personal story out the way, has your raid leader ever made someone cry?

"Our" sorry can't change title
    Well if they die to attenuation it's definitly not a healing problem since they can all be avoided, and they are also 1-2 shots. And you usually get hit more than once when you get hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    So last night me and my guild are prepping to do some normal ToT, but first we voted we should do a heroic HoF first to "get a feel" of raiding because it's the first time we all raided together. So we get to Imperial Vizier Zor'lok and people are dying to attenuation. I don't know if it was a lack of healer or just badness.

So after the 4th wipe on heroic, he just goes berserk on the healers, which are mostly females, calling them names etc. And then we hear someone crying and its a girl. Anyways someone comes on vent and cusses our raid leader out and kicked him out the guild. It was the GM and the girl was his fiancee nd they were engaged. So personal story out the way, has your raid leader ever made someone cry?

I really wouldn't like to raid with this raid leader. He really knows how to work with a group of people if he comes to the conclusion that going berzerk over a game is the right thing to do. I would've /gquited even if I wasn't the one yelled at. Sounds like a such a nice guy.

---------- Post added 2013-06-29 at 05:10 AM ----------

If you don't know what a protector is or a white knight within the internet then I'm not even going to bother explaining that shit to you lol
    Yea, stupid people trying to defend people who get attacked by idiots.

Hahahaha oh man as being a former top tier raider yeah I've heard people cry hell even cry to me on skype / vent from time to time. You wanna know how my raid life was life in Woltk? Here I'll give you all a just of it

Yeah people will cry if they are treated like this.

This is amazing because Nicsnock was simply a raider in my guild for around 7-8 months before quitting. He knew how to chill out when he wasn't raid leading lol.

Well.. just goes to show how poisonous raiding is and why MMOs need a change of direction in what people do. These kinds of situations should never happen in a game.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

Quote Originally Posted by Vaucent View Post
    Well.. just goes to show how poisonous raiding is and why MMOs need a change of direction in what people do. These kinds of situations should never happen in a game.
    Poisononous lol really? Failing at any part of a mechanic isn't the designer's fault.

I never said it was the designer's fault. The poison comes from the community whether they fail or succeed at those mechanics.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

Quote Originally Posted by Vaucent View Post
    As long as people are involved, there will always be the potential for conflict. Even if you're playing Hello Kitty Island Adventure.
    my rank 1's from years ago don't mean dookie now lmao

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    Doing what? Calling him out on his outrageous and useless comment? Or that he is making males that play WoW look like 12 year old boys, that have no respect for the opposite sex?

Regardless of which, I'm done with thread. I don't deal with people like that.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! are you fucking shitting me? Welcome to the internet, your feelings might get hurt, wear a goddamn helmet you silly bitch.

I made a offhand comment, that i'm certain you've heard a few times, and you get your panties all twisted up and proceed to take your proverbial ball and go home. Good riddance, glad that's all it took to offend you. And make you look like a complete drama queen in the process. I win on all counts.

Reminds me of a funny joke, what do you tell a woman with two black eyes? nothing you haven't told that bitch twice already.

On topic, I've found that most folks are open to getting called on their failures. The folks that used to strive in raiding back then, i'm pretty sure guilds that still push content aren't too concerned about their raider's feelings getting hurt over getting called on legit mistakes.

By and large, i hate raiding with couples.. Male or female. I do enjoy raiding with men and women, I couldn't give two shits if their parts hang down or not as long as they know what the fuck they are doing.

I see nothing wrong with a sexist joke, or off color joke here or there. If you get offended by it, it's more your problem than mine.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2013-06-29 at 12:34 PM.

Deleted
    I'm going to be making a small raiding team soon with a friend who's guild I have joined, she always wanted her own guild and I'm helping to level it up and get some active people, we've got some pretty cool people already but we are recruiting more.

The absolutely most important thing for me, is to find people who can chill, people who can take a wipe or two on the chin and move on, to me, the ability to keep calm and be respectful to your other guild members is infinitely more important than your gear or experience. Granted we will be raiding only normal, and won't really be doing hardcore raiding every week, but the point still stands.

I can teach new players mechanics, I can gear up people who aren't a high Ilvl, but I can never teach assholes respect and proper social conduct. I'm still trying to devise a way to test people's tolerance, I haven't thought of anything past having an in depth chat with them about what I expect yet.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I´ve had several raidleaders who would vent their rage during raids and even in between them as well. Never heard anybody cry about any of the retarded shit that came out of RL´s mouth though.
    However I have a certain point of tolerance in these cases, and when some selfproclaimed superhero starts flaming individuals, I go into a rage like never before. Letting raiders know that you saw them mess up or whatever is one thing. Another is exposing them for the whole town to see, sorta style. Even if I´m with the guy IRL at the time, I´ll definately make sure he gets the memo and starts to chill right away before I go apeshit on him.

That is the reason why I quit raiding long ago. Getting pissed off on anothers behalf in a game just aint worth it.

Its not just the raid leader, nobody should listen to some jackass rage. I woulda dipped outta that shit, nobody should have respect for that guy.

Back in wrath my guild was doing attempts on The Lich King, and one of our mages was having a hard time understanding necrotc plague in p1. We told her to just blink over to her husband (who was the add tank) whenever we called her name out. Not sure how she managed it, but the first pull she blinked right off the edge of the platform. The RL started laughing really hard and I guess she started crying out of embarrassment or something.

Funny that people wonder why I refuse to join a "real" raid guild.

Yeah.

I raided with a guy like that once and it wasn't even the most hardcore guild I was ever in (the one after it was where I did all of my super serious raiding and got SF titles/etc.. for a few years before going casual after grad school) and the dude verbally abused the shit out of a kid who had to be around 16 or so and this guy was probably almost 8 years his senior.

A long time ago, I didn't see an issue with RLs yelling at people to get shit done but now that I've been moderately successful (we killed heroic madness before the nerf hit 20%, so that's not so bad but not good either to most folks) and above all having a ton of fun with a less serious outfit; I can't see that being appropriate ever again and I'm nowhere near the oldest in my raid.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

Quote Originally Posted by HollerTH View Post
    Funny that people wonder why I refuse to join a "real" raid guild.
    The only people who wonder why you refuse to join a raid guild is "Blizzard."

We know. It's not easy like pressing a queue button, that automatically cuts down like what.. 50% of the WoW population?
    Ok next we have gear check. Look in Orgrimmar tell me how many people have missing gems and enchants?
    There goes another 25%.

These kinds of things are far easier than Raiding, why should we let you in if you can't do those simple things?
    "Just give me a chance?"
    "Ok, gem your gear."
    "NOT FAIR! /unsub"

Nah, I was lucky enough to be in guilds with people who don't really take the game seriously. Whenever I felt people start getting a bit too emotional about the game, I'd bail. Eventually me and all the like-minded people either quit playing or went to LFR.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...