Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by strmstrike View Post
    I could be wrong, but I think building for crit and without UVLS will be better, especially once you get access to heroic 5.4 trinkets.
    that option is only viable if you only play demo tho or if you have destro(and who will for 5.4 in its current state) as offspec, if you play afflic regularly then UVLS is a very viable choice unless ofc you have enough gold to respec and reforge every time you switch between specs. i would say tho that afflic does look a lot stronger than demo in 5.4 so far in my opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    that option is only viable if you only play demo tho or if you have destro(and who will for 5.4 in its current state) as offspec, if you play afflic regularly then UVLS is a very viable choice unless ofc you have enough gold to respec and reforge every time you switch between specs. i would say tho that afflic does look a lot stronger than demo in 5.4 so far in my opinion.
    Yes it's true crit build limits you quit badly, but as it is currently, if you don't go for crit then haste+UVLS Demo will be behind Affliction too far anyway to play. Don't forget the new MF makes Affliction the best AoE spec in almost any situation as well.

I think there should still be a lot of changes though, especially to Destruction, so we will just have to wait and see

Deleted
    aye, im definately assuming some buffs to destro are inc, and from what ive read, blizz is going to buff destro with pure dmg buffs and not going to touch its ember regen. i dont exactly know what to think about that tbh.

back on topic: any1 know which boss alpha and omega(int stacking trink) drops from? hopefully it is going to drop fairly early like the amp trinket.

Deleted
    I would assume it drops from Norushen, with the whole Alpha and Omega theme fitting in nicely with a Titanic watcher.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    I would assume it drops from Norushen, with the whole Alpha and Omega theme fitting in nicely with a Titanic watcher.
    Yeah, would guess either Norushen or Sha of Pride. Would be pretty nice to have our trinkets drop from boss 1 and 3/4!

Deleted
    I still think that destruction is going to want the amp and crit proc trinket due to the internal CD, the specs strength is reliable damage and RPPM trinkets just crap all over that.

In regards to the A and O trinket, some class's (boomkins and arcane mages for sure) can stack that trinket in a couple of globals so you realistically wouldnt take it from them

Missiles - each one adds a stack

Starfall - each one adds a stack

That really has to be looked at in regards to stacking this trinket imo because it changes the effect of it quite a lot, the question is will those spells stay like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AjayxD View Post
    I still think that destruction is going to want the amp and crit proc trinket due to the internal CD, the specs strength is reliable damage and RPPM trinkets just crap all over that.

In regards to the A and O trinket, some class's (boomkins and arcane mages for sure) can stack that trinket in a couple of globals so you realistically wouldnt take it from them

That really has to be looked at in regards to stacking this trinket imo because it changes the effect of it quite a lot, the question is will those spells stay like that.
    Hmm yeah that's a bit strange, considering channel ticks don't work... Basically the same as missiles, just a different animation

Even so isn't Fire the superior spec by far? I think we might still be 1st/2nd in line, considering how amazing it is for us and considering how strong warlock is looking compared to other classes atm.

Speaking from Affliction PoV, obviously could be very different for Destro.

Deleted
    The amp trinket looks amazing, and i can live swapping my demo haste build for aff, but seriously is it not a shame that trinkets like uvls are so important in making or breaking specs. Demo with uvls is most fun i have had as dps alomg with sp in ds and fire mage in icc times. But trinkets were never so deciding in playstyle. Regardless cant wait to get amp trinket on heroic.

Shadow priest's divine star also stacks the trinket to 10 in one cast as well

Deleted
    Hmm yeah that's a bit strange, considering channel ticks don't work... Basically the same as missiles, just a different animation

Even so isn't Fire the superior spec by far? I think we might still be 1st/2nd in line, considering how amazing it is for us and considering how strong warlock is looking compared to other classes atm.

Speaking from Affliction PoV, obviously could be very different for Destro.
    You cant look at what specs are going to be strongest yet because the number pass will bring specs back into line (or it should anyway), you can ofc judge mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetjaguar View Post
    Shadow priest's divine star also stacks the trinket to 10 in one cast as well
    Another for the list then, if these class's can stack the trinket that fast then they will get it first because it is better for them than us.

Deleted

idd, by that account SB:SS should add 4 stacks instead of just 2 and MG/DS should stack 1 pr tick, would only be fair tbh. afflic is the only spec that might have problems stacking that trinket up to 10 stacks.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2013-07-27 at 03:33 PM.

Deleted
    idd, by that account SB:SS should add 4 stacks instead of just 2 and MG/DS should stack 1 pr tick, would only be fair tbh. afflic is the only spec that might have problems stacking that trinket up to 10 stacks.
    There won't be that much of an issue, we can get a stack every GCD without problem. It's a bit mroe tricky below 20% with Drain Soul, but even then we can get a few seconds of 10 stacks to apply dots. Of course it would still be more powerful if other specs can apply them faster than one per GCD, but that seems like something that will probably be brought in line. Either way, having 10 stacks for 5s or for 10s doesn't make all the much difference.

Deleted
    There won't be that much of an issue, we can get a stack every GCD without problem. It's a bit mroe tricky below 20% with Drain Soul, but even then we can get a few seconds of 10 stacks to apply dots. Of course it would still be more powerful if other specs can apply them faster than one per GCD, but that seems like something that will probably be brought in line. Either way, having 10 stacks for 5s or for 10s doesn't make all the much difference.
    fairly sure that those extra 5 secs of 10 stacks can make a big difference over time. Mine has a rppm of 0,76 on the ptr, on a 10 min fight thats about 7,6 procs or 38 secs of lost 10 stacks dps time thats 32 haunts or 20-25 soul fires, and that is a lot of potential dmg lost right there, yes when you look at each individual proc, then those 5 secs vs 10 secs of 10 stacks of int isnt gonig to be that big of a deal, but you wont get just one proc, you'll get several. it is about being able to use the trinket as optimally as other specs, atm afflic wont be able to do so as optimally as other spec. it should either be changed to 1 stack pr spellcast or 1 stack pr dmg effect of the spell casted so that arcane missile would give 1 stack pr hit and MG would give 1 stack pr tick.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2013-07-27 at 06:40 PM.

Deleted
    fairly sure that those extra 5 secs of 10 stacks can make a big difference over time. Mine has a rppm of 0,76 on the ptr, on a 10 min fight thats about 7,6 procs or 38 secs of lost 10 stacks dps time thats 32 haunts or 20-25 soul fires, and that is a lot of potential dmg lost right there, yes when you look at each individual proc, then those 5 secs vs 10 secs of 10 stacks of int isnt gonig to be that big of a deal, but you wont get just one proc, you'll get several. it is about being able to use the trinket as optimally as other specs, atm afflic wont be able to do so as optimally as other spec. it should either be changed to 1 stack pr spellcast or 1 stack pr dmg effect of the spell casted so that arcane missile would give 1 stack pr hit and MG would give 1 stack pr tick.
    Yeah but snapshot means we have 10 stacks for like 40 seconds... Even so, I think the passive crit amp is less powerful for us than other classes (cough mage).

Deleted
    14% is still very strong for my fire mage. Considering we already have a 30% increased effect of crit rating, the 14% extra damage (I have 57% crit on live after CM atm) on crits will be a strong buff. The 14% mastery will give me about 2-3% additional mastery and I'm granted about 2% haste from this trinket. All in all, I'd say that the 14% buff on this trinket would be about a 12% buff to my total dps, if you exclude the fact that I'm trading it for another trinket.

I have a question for anyone on the PTR: Does the Amplification trinket affects our pet's critical strike damage as well? I know they will be affected by the passive haste, but what about the increased crit damage?

Deleted
    As far as im aware yes, think of it like a perma skull banner or damage buff on jin, so long as the warlock has it the pet benefits.

As far as im aware yes, think of it like a perma skull banner or damage buff on jin, so long as the warlock has it the pet benefits.
    Do you have actual numbers? Because its fairly common for stuff that interact with pet damage to be left out

Deleted
    I dont sorry, im having some temp issues with my computer atm so i cannot get on to test, but you could test quite easily by letting the pet batter on a dummy with the amp trinket on and off (outside of the proc ofc) seen as the haste and mastery dont actually up the damage per cast the pet does.

If someone could check this id appreciate knowing the answer.

Deleted
    I dont sorry, im having some temp issues with my computer atm so i cannot get on to test, but you could test quite easily by letting the pet batter on a dummy with the amp trinket on and off (outside of the proc ofc) seen as the haste and mastery dont actually up the damage per cast the pet does.

If someone could check this id appreciate knowing the answer.
    Currently does NOT amplify pet attacks or spells. Tested with imp and observer, and trinket verified to amplify my own spells to 214% like normal.