Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Comparing the pve trinket gain against the 2600 resil bonus is like giving someone a wound with a chainsaw then handing them a bandaid...

I think they are just going to have to disable the 5.4 trinkets for rated play. Make some craftable or cheap honor pvp trinkets people who want to get into pvp can get easily. Even a quest reward for last season's trinkets...some kind of "military issue" kind of quest. That fits the lore of horde vs ally ramping up. Also we need to have the bonus for 2pc pvp trinkets be 10% less player damage taken. The level of burst (even without 5.4 pve trinkets) is getting near wotlk levels.

So what about ptr.wowdb. com/items/102299-5-4-raid-normal-siege-of-orgrimmar-boss-x-loot-x ?
    I've tested it on training dummy. It had ~17% uptime for 11k int proc.
    Scales pretty good with ilvl.
    On my 545ilvl destro warlock (mastery>=haste, Sac) this trinket gives me something like 1700 mastery and 1100 haste.
    And it also passively amplifies your critical strike damage (e.g. Chaos Bolt damage. I've got 380k unbuffed chaos bolts without this trinket and 450k unbuffed chaos bolts with trinket).
    I hope Blizzard won't fix it. I really like Amplified+Titanic Restoration combo for destro.

Deleted
    Hmm, well it procs lol, im really unsure, but if that double dips stats.

Nice find walp, that actually is quite legit damage ESPECIALLY if you have high crit and because of the stat scaling im 100% sure that would end up Bis by the time you end up in probably even full normal gear . . .

I can sustain about 250k on the PTR using this and the Amp trinket, the only thing is though i really feel like my burst potential goes downhill a bit because i was previously using the crit proc one and having the 2 of those with the same ICD is just crazy on the pull, it all really comes down to this, Amp is just way way weaker when you dont crit.

Can i see that being Bis eventually - Yes
    Last edited by mmoc77bb2b62ef; 2013-07-11 at 04:04 AM.

Deleted
    Hmm... I don't think it should be working for DPS specs, don't get your hopes up

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Hmm... I don't think it should be working for DPS specs, don't get your hopes up
    I'm obliged to agree with Zum. It will probably be worded to "every time you use a healing spell" or something of that nature.
    Last edited by Shadowygoodness; 2013-07-11 at 01:40 PM.
    Those who you know as Warlocks are your Salvation through Destruction. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Deleted
    Mm ofc, i hope its not Bis to end up using a healing trinket that would be really facepalm, but on the ptr warriors run about with the caster amp trinket ! (Mainly for duels)

lol just to be totally honest, these trinkets are probably the dumbest thing I've ever seen in WoW. Have legendaries ever even had this kind of significant impact on output? I can't think of any. You will watch fellow raiders' dps SKYROCKET from 1 night to the next as they acquire the amp trinket. I feel sorry for the guy who is watching everyone around him getting it, while he eats dust.
    Those who you know as Warlocks are your Salvation through Destruction. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

How did you get it to procc? I used symbiosis rejuvanation to put a hot on me sometimes and it procced. What casts did you use? Lifeblood does not work btw. already tried.

Does it work with the sac selfheal or what?

I imagine siphon life glyph, ember tap and dark regen can probably proc it.

Deleted
    I got it with Either sac / Siphon life, not sure which as i was more just in shock that it was proccing, maybe soul leech?

Deleted
    My "time between procs" of the Amplification trinket from tonight's raid test :
    Making it kinda sync-able with Dark Soul.
    I'm a bit disappointed, because it is so powerful with Chaos bolt that you end up one shotting the adds and you can't shadowburn them
    ... but it was rather fun hearing my guildmates wonder why they were disappearing, and it was only with the 520-ilvl modified gear

Same stuff for the stacking trinket :
    It seems to proc very often or I was being lucky...
    Last edited by mmoc8b57eca00f; 2013-07-11 at 10:48 PM.

Right now the two I'm going to go for as Destro will be the amplification one and the Crit proc as they seem to have the same ICD, making for some VERY fun Chaos Bolts. Hell, if they increased the ICD of both to 120 second I'd be one happy camper XD

15+ Year Old Account
    More and more "World of Procraft" or "World of Trinketcraft". I don't really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthan View Post
    More and more "World of Procraft" or "World of Trinketcraft". I don't really like it.
    Long gone are the days of chess-like arena, sadly. It's all about who can instagib the other team first.

UVLS + Amp will probably be BiS till you can get a Heroic Bloodsoaked 2/2 Stacking Int
    Cabana Pie Chart Twitch

I'm not so sure on UVLS if you gear demo for crit...clearly it will use amp trinket but without the EA glyph expecting enough regular procs from UVLS is going to be an exercise in frustration. Amp + crit trinket should be close to aligning procs. Double points for getting 20% soulfire buff + trinkets.

My first guesstimation is amp + xxx for all specs.
    Aff = amp + haste w' stacking int
    Demo = amp + crit proc (geared for crit)
    Destro = amp + crit proc (can share gearing with demo)

I really hope they disable these trinkets for pvp. You can gear completely defensively (using pvp 2pc trinket set) and gem resil and still get gibbed by a pve trinket proc. That level of power from a trinket negating all defensive stats is really bad game design. I get why they have to be so powerful from a pve standpoint or we would never replace last tier's stuff but these finally hit a critical mass in pvp where they just bend the system to its breaking point.

If devs want people to get into pvp easily they can make the pvp trinkets cheaper to buy, let people craft them readily, etc. Even offer some kind of quest reward that gives you a CC break trinket and choice of 1x other as some kind of "military preparation" kind of thing. Fits right in w' the lore...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post
    I'm not so sure on UVLS if you gear demo for crit...clearly it will use amp trinket but without the EA glyph expecting enough regular procs from UVLS is going to be an exercise in frustration. Amp + crit trinket should be close to aligning procs. Double points for getting 20% soulfire buff + trinkets.

I really hope they disable these trinkets for pvp. You can gear completely defensively (using pvp 2pc trinket set) and gem resil and still get gibbed by a pve trinket proc. That level of power from a trinket negating all defensive stats is really bad game design. I get why they have to be so powerful from a pve standpoint or we would never replace last tier's stuff but these finally hit a critical mass in pvp where they just bend the system to its breaking point.

If devs want people to get into pvp easily they can make the pvp trinkets cheaper to buy, let people craft them readily, etc. Even offer some kind of quest reward that gives you a CC break trinket and choice of 1x other as some kind of "military preparation" kind of thing. Fits right in w' the lore...
    well it mainly depends on what your offspec/mainspec is tho, if you regurlarly switches between demo and afflic, then gear for crit isnt really an option for you, as you would significantly nerf one of your specs, making the UVLS more or less BiS for you as you would take the need for gearing for crit away and allow you to play both specs optimally, ofc this is all based on demo staying the way it is, if blizz would get their act together they would make doom automatically summon a wild imp when it ticks(putting a cap on it at like 15 wild imps) then the whole need for UVLS and stacking crit would go away(altho it might make haste infinitely more important in order to reach the various haste breakpoints for doom), i hope blizz will do it this way but knowing blizz they wont which is kinda sad.

the amp trinket seem like it will be mandatory for all specs, some will get more out of it than others tho, but thats just how it is, then its down to personal choice what to do next, in my case as afflic/demo, do you gear for crit for demo and then reforge and gem each time you spec afflic(my new reforge mount would certainly come in handy)) or do you stick with UVLS for demo and then use 1 other trinket in addtion to the amp trink as afflic, personally ill most likely stick with the latter in this case, but thats just coz im a cheap bastard. The patch is still far away and many of these things are bound to change, if blizz decide that demo need some tweaks(hopefully the way i mentioned) and we can actually use the new trinkets freely coz i dont like the idea of potentially having to use trinkets from a previous tier just coz the spec i prefer is so dependent on being able to crit with a certain spell regularly, something needs changing.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2013-07-15 at 04:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post

I would tend to disagree. As always Destro will value mastery above all else for AoE, but given that the Amp trinket gives you 85% of your current mastery rating (as I understand it), I would think it a no brainer to gear for mastery for ZOMG chaos bolts.

Deleted
    was on the ptr earlier, testing the haste and stacking int proc trinket and it seems as afflic when you use SB:SS you would get 2 stacks instead of just one, it should atleast take away some of the hassle of stacking it up. could ofc use fel flame also to stack it up quickly.

getting 1,4 million soul fires with everything up, on a boss dummy is pure fun.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2013-07-16 at 01:33 AM.

Destro is in a really bad spot and I don't mean its numbers directly. For starters it has no hope of aoe via MF when it only impacts RoF. If it can't get F&B included in MF its not going to be a raid spec. Right now destro is crazy behind aff/demo on ptr (like 25-45%) in even near bis T15 gear. It catches up for the most part single target with 4xT16 + amp + crit proc trinket but even then its only getting even with where aff/demo are now.

I saw best results for aff with amp and the haste w' stacking int. Tried full haste and 9778 > haste w' mastery and liked it more. Theoretically with the nerfs to MG/DS and buffs to haunt mastery should be better with haste slightly down. The set bonus makes crit not suck for aff but even with super low crit I saw approx. 70% uptime on the buff. Since aff now rocks aoe with MF it could be a one size fits most spec. AV with aff would mean a double darksoul execute.

You could probably have a crit > mast > haste setup and roll demo/destro provided they ever fix destro's damage and aoe interaction with MF. Aff is still going to be a haste/mastery centric spec. UVLS might hold you through normal modes but sooner or later you'll probably have to make the jump to 5.4 trinkets. With the glyph of EA going away you will need far more regular UVLS procs or the whole system collapses. Right now I think you'd need a double upgraded thunderforged heroic UVLS to have that kind of odds and even then its still RNG.

I'm really hoping destro hasn't seen a numbers fix yet. I know mages are their favorite nukers but really destro could use a look. So far it seems the amp trinket carries destro harder than UVLS ever carried demo which is a disturbing situation that needs a look before live.