Deleted

BL added as LW drum

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/102351-drums-of-rage

so, discuss. does this mean that the last reason to bring a certain class is gone?

Oh, great. ._.
    Honestly, they might as well remove heroism and give the classes that have it some personal cooldown/buff/thingie. I understand not every raid has a shaman/mage/hunter but stuff like this kinda makes any class having the actual spell pointless. Why not make it possible for people to use Gnomish Army Knife to combat ress people while they are at it?

Quote Originally Posted by Eliot123 View Post
    Why not make it possible for people to use Gnomish Army Knife to combat ress people while they are at it?
    Maybe we can get that in 5.5.

A second crying thread? What a camp. If you do enough damage they'll bring you.

One thread wasn't enough from you?

-I was wrong about the duration.
    Last edited by Tarazet; 2013-06-27 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarazet View Post
    The drum buff lasts for 5 seconds less than the Shaman/Mage/BM Hunter buff. It would only be good if you can't get one of those classes, or if someone was dead when you lusted and then got revived.
    Heroism lasts 40 seconds (or at least it does on my shaman).

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarazet View Post
    The drum buff lasts for 5 seconds less than the Shaman/Mage/BM Hunter buff. It would only be good if you can't get one of those classes, or if someone was dead when you lusted and then got revived.
    Tooltip says 40 sec. Are you sure?

...also, why does this upset people? I hope to never again wipe because the Hunter and Mage were both out of town.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

Deleted
    If you were only being brought because of Heroism, the problem is with you and your performance, not this new item. This will make new and more varied comps viable in CMs as well as other things. It's good.

Awhile back, I had a Shaman healer move on from one of my old guilds, and he was our only option for a hero. I recruited a new Shaman, and he was awful. I don't mean kind of bad, I mean awful. After about a week of giving him a chance, we put our feelers out to find a new one. We couldn't. We tried, and tried, and tried, wasted like 3 weeks of progression on it. We had to keep the bad one through that time, and make do with what we had because we figured losing the hero would be worse than having him heal or DPS.
    Eventually, we had someone re-roll Mage, and recruited Druid for his healing spot.
    So ultimately, we ONLY kept this guy around because we needed the Hero. If we had Drums of Rage, he wouldn't have made it through a week of raiding with us. I know of quite a few other stories like this. Our hero class is bad, we can't find a replacement, so we keep him on. So in my opinion, those classes that are doing bad, but think their guild doesn't notice, or that they are being given a 4th, 5th, 6th chance to improve, better watch out!

A blue post confirmation is that the buff offered is slightly less in effect than the class version, so you have nothing to worry about.
    If you are decent you will still be preferred over the drums.

If the drums are a serious consideration to be used rather than you, then you have to take a good hard look at why that is.

Deleted
    These things are back?
    How original to bring 5 year old drums back with a different name

Deleted
    firstly theres been a blue post stating its only 25% haste so its slightly lower than the spell a class can provide just like it is with the stats drums and the stam scrolls. secondly to the op why the hell have you made 2 posts about the exact same 'issue' its not a problem, its being put in to help the casual 10 man guilds that may not have a shaman/mage/bm hunter, the only reason it would affect you is if you are a bad player and are only being brought to raid for lust in which case maybe now is the time to hone your skills before patch hits...

edit, just got the link for the blue post http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-skull-banner/
    Last edited by mmoc8e7c60cb78; 2013-06-28 at 09:21 AM.

Those will make Brawlers so much easier for quite a bit of classes. I would imagine buff will get nerfed down to +24% to make it in line with other '80% of original' like Forti scrolls and Kings drums.

Deleted
    OP is right, maybe this will now get shamans and mages out of casual guilds and back into Heroic raiding guilds who could benifit from these 2 classes a lot more. good change.