Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflop View Post
    So Assurance of Consequence (Heroic Warforged) is listed with a 47% increased CD recovery rate. This would drop Vendetta to a 63.6 sec CD and SB to somewhere ~1.5min. Therefore giving almost 50% uptime on Vendetta. That is... somewhat incredible.

ptr.wowdb.com/items/105472-assurance-of-consequence
    Unless they changed the formula, that's actually 81.6s Vendetta (120/(1+.47); not 120*(1-.47)) and 122.4s SB. Basically, each second of the cooldown counts as 1.47 seconds rather than the whole cooldown being reduced by 47%.

Still awesome though. I wonder what it looks like at 580 (2/2 HWF).
    Last edited by Squirl; 2013-08-02 at 06:27 PM.

-trinket changes-
    Another thing to note now is that the all of multistrike and cleave trinkets now have stat procs, presumably to prevent people from using two different multistrike/cleave trinkets simultaneously. Unfortunately, the multistrike trinket has an RPPM proc, so we're not getting fully away from that system.

Haromm's Talisman HWF
    Equip: Your attacks have a 16.7% chance to trigger Multistrike, which deals instant additional damage to your target equal to 1/3 of the original damage dealt.
    Equip: Your attacks have a chance to grant you 14,039 Agility for 20 sec. (Approximately procrppm procs per minute)

Sigil of Rampage HWF
    Equip: Your attacks have a 3.71% chance to Cleave, dealing the same damage to all other nearby targets.
    Equip: Your attacks have a chance to grant you 14,039 Agility for 15 sec. (15% chance, proccooldown sec cooldown)

So Assurance of Consequence (Heroic Warforged) is listed with a 47% increased CD recovery rate. This would drop Vendetta to a 63.6 sec CD and SB to somewhere ~1.5min. Therefore giving almost 50% uptime on Vendetta. That is... somewhat incredible.

ptr.wowdb.com/items/105472-assurance-of-consequence
    Wow, 47%... that trinket with the combat t15 4pc will be amazing (and supremely annoying at the same time) assuming combat isn't crap.

Multi-strike trinket procs for a lot of agility, did that happen before?

Quote Originally Posted by Kulestu View Post
    Multi-strike trinket procs for a lot of agility, did that happen before?
    The proc was added in the most recent build.

Quote Originally Posted by whathump View Post
    The proc was added in the most recent build.
    so is it any good the multi strike trinket ?
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Well, currently, there's the CDR trinket with an agility proc that's assumed to be the best new trinket by most players. The other options are a cleave trinket (meh), a high-agility proc trinket that diminishes over time and a static mastery trinket with a proc for 1/3rd last hit damage and agility.

Right now, the diminishing agi trinket with mastery starts at 22k and goes down over time (on heroic, only version I saw), the multistrike trinket has static mastery at ~2200, procs for the extra hit and procs for 12k agility. So after 10 seconds, the higher-agi trinket will be even, and as it lowers down the agility over the 20 seconds averages out to the same between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by whathump View Post
    Another thing to note now is that the all of multistrike and cleave trinkets now have stat procs, presumably to prevent people from using two different multistrike/cleave trinkets simultaneously. Unfortunately, the multistrike trinket has an RPPM proc, so we're not getting fully away from that system.
    Ugh, that sucks. I wish blizzard would just dump the RPPM system. Its stupid and no fun having so much of our damage dependent on RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    so is it any good the multi strike trinket ?
    It should be. It's basically a 5% damage boost along with an agi proc, so it should measure up pretty well next tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Ugh, that sucks. I wish blizzard would just dump the RPPM system. Its stupid and no fun having so much of our damage dependent on RNG.
    Especially with the RPPM changes they're making next patch:

• Last proc time set to 90s once combat begins; no more guaranteed procs on the pull for low-rppm trinkets. Source
    • Many RPPM effects no longer affected by haste (this will include any trinkets that proc stats). Source

I like how they put "don't panic" in both posts because this severely fucks things up and they don't know how they're going to compensate yet. It seems they want to reinforce the huge swings in DPS RPPM causes because they're removing our ability to guarantee certain procs on the pull (and thus the ability to line procs up with opening CDs) as well as devaluing haste for every single class. RPPM doesn't encourage good play or a higher skill cap in almost any case (healer meta is the only exception I can think of). It just encourages worship of the RNG gods.

I'm just glad there are quite a few ICD trinkets available. Assurance (CDRR trinket) is ICD and there's almost no question that it's the best one out of the bunch. The mastery proc one is on the same ICD, so it will always more or less line up with Assurance. That's really strong. I hope the ICD trinkets don't get nerfed just because they aren't on the shitty RPPM system that Blizzard can't accept is an absolute failure. Seriously, does anyone like RPPM?
    Last edited by Squirl; 2013-08-03 at 04:12 AM.

Well next tier we might replace what we have with icd ones, but thats a pretty huge nerf at the start of the tier while we wait for drops if haste doesn't increase the proc rates.

Edit: I read that link, they are supposedly increasing base proc rates to reflect a reasonable amount of haste. So it could be fairly neutral for assassination as you can go back mastery and still probably have the same or slightly higher proc rate. Its pretty big for specs like combat that just stack loads and loads of haste anyway and will almost definitely have a lower proc rate.
    Last edited by Sesshou; 2013-08-03 at 04:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Seriously, does anyone like RPPM?
    In concept, I do. In practice, it doesn't pan out the way I'd want it to - you'd need weaker procs to be on an RPPM system, not the SUPER-POWERFUL ones we just had. 100% crit, RoR's effect, stacking stats over 15k for a 2s window - these are HUGE impact procs. If the majority value of the trinkets on the RPPM system were passive, and the procs themselves were just gravy that involved either minimum planning or just said "hey if you have CDs you might use them now" rather than being complete game changers, I think they'd work just fine. The fact of the matter is, though, that (for many specs) the procs are WAY too powerful to have RNG be a factor. Seeing a 50k+ DPS swing based on one trinket proccing in the first 3 seconds vs. 20 seconds vs. 1 minute, or at the right time during the execute phase (kitties) is an absurd concept, and THAT needs to go away.

The changes for rogues in specific should be minor compared to various other class/specs, although we'll miss out on "some" damage from not having a reliable juju/RSC proc through Shadowblades at the start.

I'm glad everything next tier is ICD, and I'll be seeing if RainbowProcs has updated to be usable since it went into beta right as RPPM was announced for trinkets :P

Some Assassination Trinket EP values from Shadowcraft. This contains change to RPPM mechanics as well. For RSC and Vicious Talisman two versions, one with full stat usage, one with no stat usage. For cleave trinket (sigil of rampage) showing value for 2 and 3 target fights. Also including Thok's Tail Tip the strength amplification trinket and a generic int/spirit amplification trinket. Agi_5 is a so far unnamed trinket, possibly vp trinket if those will exist this tier. All T15 trinkets are unupgraded. All T16 trinkets are normal mode only.

Removing old numbers.
    Up to date numbers found: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22009850
    Or at my blog: http://roguechat.wordpress.com/2013/08/03/t16-trinkets/
    Last edited by fierydemise; 2013-08-07 at 10:01 PM.
    Fierydemise-ShaowCraft Engine Guy
    Rogue Chat-Blogging about Rogue PvE and Theorycrafting (Twitter)
    Rogue IRC: #Ravenholdt on Quakenet

Haromm's Talisman seems awfully low. Is it with the most recent changes that added an agi proc but nerfed the proc rate slightly?

Harom's Talisman is implemented as:
    14% chance of 1/3 damage multistrike (Actually implemented as 4.667% chance of full damage multistrike)
    Assuming it procs on the abilities listed by Dryaan here: http://elitistjerks.com/f78/t132793-...3/#post2310786
    11761 Agi Proc, 20 seconds, .46 RPPM.

Thok's Tail is strength?

thoks_tail_tip, what is this shit?

I'm confident they will make this "Only works for strength based dps roles..."

Thok's Tail is strength. The amplification effect is very powerful on its own as you can from the "amp_int/spirit" trinket on the list.

Its possible they will make it strenght only but if they don't it will be BiS for us.

I doubt it. I'm willing to bet that something's messed up there. 15% crit/haste/mastery is strong, but I doubt that its going to end up actually being as strong as the multistrike or the CDR trinkets. Also, why is the cleave trinket simming above the multistrike trinket? Don't they proc the same way? With multistrike giving passive mastery?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fierydemise View Post
    Thok's Tail is strength. The amplification effect is very powerful on its own as you can from the "amp_int/spirit" trinket on the list.
    Amp proc is just a ridiculous beast. Are the T14 trinkets on the list including the newest changes now that we've got a PPM list for 5.2 trinkets? I imagine there'll be some shifting (far, far downward).