Deleted

Holy or disc for pvp, whats the deal?

I'm sorry if this has already been asked.

Hi guys, I just reached level 90 on my priest and i want to do arenas as a healer.
    Ive always seen disc being the dominating spec for pvp as a priest, but lately ive seen so many on streams playing holy aswell...
    my question:
    Whats the best spec to reach high rating? (in setups like: RMP and MP in 2s).
    Whats the pros and cons for both specs?
    thank you for youre time

play disc, no one really has any idea how to play holy, they just say they do. Hydra went holy because of its insane damage (insane for a healer) and its impossible to lose against a disc as holy - he did this for 2s, he does not play holy that much in 3s, even he said holy is far worse in 3s. Holy is good in 2s if you know how to play it, but disc is better if youre just learning priest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone I know told me that Holy like never needs to cast anything and that's why people play it. Does anyone here have any experience as Holy and can confirm/deny this?

holy just casts less than disc, high rated pvpers just exaggerate it.

Deleted
    Holy never ever casts anything except lightwell and mass dispel

Deleted
    High rated RBG's Holy is miles better than Disc, but I still prefer disc

Deleted
    In 2s (inb4 inbalanced) I find to have a bigger problem with holy priest then disc. I roll affly/boomy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Someone I know told me that Holy like never needs to cast anything and that's why people play it. Does anyone here have any experience as Holy and can confirm/deny this?
    I play FMP and Ele/Lock or Mage/Priest (depending on whose online) and both the priests I play with have started playing Holy, most the time. Against cleaves or rush-down comps, Holy seems far better. It's only against drain comps or caster cleaves that Disc feels slightly stronger, because of the shields while in CC.

If you can play Holy, i'd say it's arguably better than Disc, especially in 2s as the damage is better and Holy brings chastise which is amazing for getting off fears/dominate mind etc.

Edit: And yes, Holy doesn't normally have to cast. You can be topped with just instants. If the damage is relentless though, Holy will have to cast a few flash heals - but they are much better for mana than Disc is.
    Last edited by Snuggli; 2013-06-28 at 02:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's pretty interesting. Thanks for the info.

When I play 2's I use to play holy, higher dps, a bit higher control, POM + Holy word: serenity will nearly top someone and is on a 10s. For 3s I find disc better.

Deleted
    When we are at it, any1 know some high rated players that rolls holy in 3s? If it works I would drop my lock just to play holy pvp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    When we are at it, any1 know some high rated players that rolls holy in 3s? If it works I would drop my lock just to play holy pvp.
    It does work