Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seeva View Post
    Brewmaster = can't wait for the DPS one.
    You wont use the dps one on heavy tank dmg progression encounters....

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You know, since everyone who is half serious is expected to have their legendary it wouldn't be weird if heroic mechanics are designed in such a way that the legendary tank proc is required to survive.

I mean, 4crawler mines on Iron Juggernaut!
    No, because that means you had to be playing the entire expansion (or close enough) to be serious this patch. That would be absolute pathetic and joke-worthy design.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    No, because that means you had to be playing the entire expansion (or close enough) to be serious this patch. That would be absolute pathetic and joke-worthy design.
    Welcome to WoW.

Given with the extra socket and meta, average ilvl 8 points higher than it should've been - more in 25s where TF is reasonably common, and a cloak with a next expansion ilvl, they're either going to have to tune heroic encounters to players having these stupid items, or the entire raid will be a huge joke.

Otherwise, removing the "must complete normal modes first" req and opening heroics up immediately would be about the only way that heroic players aren't hopping into the raid already out-gearing the heroic bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryve View Post
    Welcome to WoW.

Given with the extra socket and meta, average ilvl 8 points higher than it should've been - more in 25s where TF is reasonably common, and a cloak with a next expansion ilvl, they're either going to have to tune heroic encounters to players having these stupid items, or the entire raid will be a huge joke.

Otherwise, removing the "must complete normal modes first" req and opening heroics up immediately would be about the only way that heroic players aren't hopping into the raid already out-gearing the heroic bosses.

Yes, I am worried about that too. Given how quick some guilds go through players if the heroic modes are balanced around majority of the raid (or all) having these procs, it's going to feel like TBC attunements all over again, except with the attunements taking a lot longer than back then...
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, bummer. The current DPS cloak is so astonishingly better than the tank one for prot paladins it will be a shame to change it in order to get that proc
    Last edited by arel00; 2013-06-29 at 05:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arel00 View Post
    Well, bummer. The current DPS cloak is so astonishingly better than the tank one for prot paladins it will be a shame to change it in order to get that proc
    Meh, the tank proc is rather lame to begin with. I'm not supposed to die. :P
    Thus a extra defensive line is unneeded.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanko View Post
    Meh, the tank proc is rather lame to begin with. I'm not supposed to die. :P
    Thus a extra defensive line is unneeded.
    Worst logic I've ever seen.

Noone is meant to die, why do we fail to kill bosses first time though?

Deleted
    Worst logic I've ever seen.

Noone is meant to die, why do we fail to kill bosses first time though?
    Typically? We fail the DPS-check.
    (Or DPSs derp and die. )

But seriously. Tank deaths aren't that common. Well at least in this tier it wasn't. (Well, except Horridon and Primo...) Maybe next tier, but only maybe.

Typically? We fail the DPS-check.
    (Or DPSs derp and die. )

But seriously. Tank deaths aren't that common. Well at least in this tier it wasn't. (Well, except Horridon and Primo...) Maybe next tier, but only maybe.
    See other people mention twins and ra'den too. That's already 4/13 bosses where the cloak is useful, it will always generally help cover those stupid mistakes on other bosses.

Deleted
    See other people mention twins and ra'den too. That's already 4/13 bosses where the cloak is useful, it will always generally help cover those stupid mistakes on other bosses.
    Difference is that the dps cloak is useful on 13/13 bosses. Also just because 4 bosses was mentioned does not mean that everyone has problems on those bosses, and even more, it is not even sure that the tank cloak would help you. The tank cloak is very very underwhelming considering the terrible stats on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Difference is that the dps cloak is useful on 13/13 bosses. Also just because 4 bosses was mentioned does not mean that everyone has problems on those bosses, and even more, it is not even sure that the tank cloak would help you. The tank cloak is very very underwhelming considering the terrible stats on it.
    Making a fight where you aren't fighting enrage fiercely 10 seconds shorter is an extremely negligible benefit for one of the strongest cd's every minute passive. You also have no idea how teh stats vs procs are going to work and are speculating that the cloak won't work on mechanics (an EXTREMELY rare circumstance, you'd think a paladin would know that with bubble).

Deleted
    Making a fight where you aren't fighting enrage fiercely 10 seconds shorter is an extremely negligible benefit for one of the strongest cd's every minute passive. You also have no idea how teh stats vs procs are going to work and are speculating that the cloak won't work on mechanics (an EXTREMELY rare circumstance, you'd think a paladin would know that with bubble).
    I am actually assuming that it will work on mechanics, however I do keep the possibility in mind that it wont work on some mechanics.
    Even if the cloak works on mechanics it is still underwhelming. Shortening a fight is always helpful regardless if you are fighten the enrage or not. Seriously, since T14 and T15, on how many times have you wiped on the enrage? Really? Every fight is about being overwhelmed by adds or a soft enrage, hard enrages are almost non-existant anymore. And even if you had hard enrages on every boss, dps is still an issue. DPS is always an issue. More dps always help.

I find it kinda hard to argue against that the dps cloak will be standard and the tank cloak will be situational.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-06-30 at 02:05 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The best thing they could do, really, is to make you pick the cloak and the proc separately. Wrathion's been giving us "hey, use this and pick what you want" items all the time, one can dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Deleted
    Not on twins. Twins is a DPS check, and you can fail in the adds in P1. But that is it. Except if you want to solo-tank P2. But... that is not intended. So... That is Horridon, Primordius, and Ra-Den. But! Primordius won't kill you with a single nuke, so the usefulness of the proc is questionable there.

And if the proc is depending on the cloak you have, then I do doubt many paladins would pick the dodge/parry/mastery cloak even with the proc. If they make it possible to use the DPS-cloak with the tank proc, then maybe... it could be used for some of the progress fights. I do wonder if changing it will be possible, and how much will it cost. Also, the fact that AFAIK many fights in SoO will include adds, will make the DPS-proc better.
    Last edited by mmoc0083755d71; 2013-06-30 at 10:01 AM.

Not on twins. Twins is a DPS check, and you can fail in the adds in P1. But that is it. Except if you want to solo-tank P2. But... that is not intended. So... That is Horridon, Primordius, and Ra-Den. But! Primordius won't kill you with a single nuke, so the usefulness of the proc is questionable there.

And if the proc is depending on the cloak you have, then I do doubt many paladins would pick the dodge/parry/mastery cloak even with the proc. If they make it possible to use the DPS-cloak with the tank proc, then maybe... it could be used for some of the progress fights. I do wonder if changing it will be possible, and how much will it cost. Also, the fact that AFAIK many fights in SoO will include adds, will make the DPS-proc better.
    It's already possible to change cloaks (albeit incredibly expensive). And if the procs are purchased seperately I'm not sure why they would change their philosophy when you've been able to change your choice on every previous step of the chain.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    It's already possible to change cloaks (albeit incredibly expensive). And if the procs are purchased seperately I'm not sure why they would change their philosophy when you've been able to change your choice on every previous step of the chain.
    I just wonder how much it will cost. >_< If it costs few thousands, then I CBA to change it at least twice/week.

Paladin tanking this tier wasn't intended. Not an excuse to ignore a fight. Once again you are ALSO assuming that cloaks will definitely tied to the stats and you'll be stuck with it.

Deleted
    Paladin tanking this tier wasn't intended. Not an excuse to ignore a fight. Once again you are ALSO assuming that cloaks will definitely tied to the stats and you'll be stuck with it.
    I didn't assumed it. I just said that if it is, then many classes (including Paladins, Brewmasters and Guardians) will have to choose between the worser itemized cloak and tank-proc, or the well-itemized one and DPS-proc. Read my post again.

As for Twins HC. Tank damage is trivial there for every single class. Not only for paladins. It is a complete joke in that regard.

As for Twins HC. Tank damage is trivial there for every single class. Not only for paladins. It is a complete joke in that regard.
    You'd look more reasonable (this is a general you) if you stopped being obtuse and making arguments from separate occasions from the disagreeing side.