Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Random thought on this: disregarding the dps loss, what if everyone in the raid wears the tank cloak? you can ignore quite some mechanics, or at least do so while learning a fight.

Getting hit by Overcharge on Lei Shen? No problem.
    Forgot to stop casting at Dark Animus' Jolt? No problem.
    Fucked up on the Jin'rokh's ionization? We can deal with that
    Dire call on Horridon when the raid wasn't high enough? No problem
    Move away from Iron Qon's sword (or whatever he throws) ... aint got no time for that shit.

Ofcourse it doesnt work on raidwide AoE like lightning storm at Jin'rokh and Quills on Ji-Kun, and your dps is gimped quite a lot.. but still i think they would be pretty usefull when learning new encounters?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty006 View Post
    Random thought on this: disregarding the dps loss, what if everyone in the raid wears the tank cloak? you can ignore quite some mechanics, or at least do so while learning a fight.

Move away from Iron Qon's sword (or whatever he throws) ... aint got no time for that shit.

Ofcourse it doesnt work on raidwide AoE like lightning storm at Jin'rokh and Quills on Ji-Kun, and your dps is gimped quite a lot.. but still i think they would be pretty usefull when learning new encounters?
    The cloak would not really help you on most of those abilities you mentioned since none of those is a one-shot, they bring you down low and then you get killed by the smaller raid damage afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty006 View Post

It's not really relevant as blizzard decided to be lazy and not actually give tanks the option to use the better stated dps cloaks for tanking while gaining the proc. The survivability you lose makes it hard to justify the proc outside of actually using it for a mechanic.

The whole raid wearing the dodge/parry cloak is a massive dps hit, especially if you aren't a strength user. Think Hour of Twilight type mechanics it works well for, along with impales. Long, far enough apart, big hits. Outside of that tanks will probably have to lose some survivability now that it makes the dps one outright better on certain types of fights due to stats.

I am really quite shocked that slacked THIS much, it's a new low for them but I guess the slacking on legendary implementation was clear from the start of the expansion I was just kidding myself they would manage it properly at the end. Oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."