Thread: Dat Sky Golem

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Screw mimirons head this is the best mount ever!

Deleted
    Shredders... WoW mounts in disguise :P http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYSuAZOjYkQ

Is this engineering only???

Haven't seen an answer, yet...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kingback View Post

Unless they change it when they change the mats(they will change the mats) it is not engineer only(the crafted item on the ptr is clearly boe when you find the recipe, they will not make a mistake of making a prof only mount boe again). No I will not link to wowhead where it will raise more questions like why the icon is different(they haven't changed it yet) or why people are talking about 5.2 when this is the 5.4 ptr.

Blizz has said before they do not want more profession only mounts which is why the MoP ones were boe and everyone could use them, do not quote me on this I will not sift through blue posts from a year ago that is up to you(when the jc/eng MoP mounts were added to the beta there was a blue post explaining that wrath was the end of prof only mounts).
    Last edited by Wilhelm137; 2013-06-28 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm137 View Post
    Unless they change it when they change the mats(they will change the mats) it is not engineer only(the crafted item on the ptr is clearly boe when you find the recipe, they will not make a mistake of making a prof only mount boe again). No I will not link to wowhead where it will raise more questions like why the icon is different(they haven't changed it yet) or why people are talking about 5.2 when this is the 5.4 ptr.

Blizz has said before they do not want more profession only mounts which is why the MoP ones were boe and everyone could use them, do not quote me on this I will not sift through blue posts from a year ago that is up to you(when the jc/eng MoP mounts were added to the beta there was a blue post explaining that wrath was the end of prof only mounts).
    Thank you so much for the reply and explanation for your reply.

NOTE: ENGINEERING ONLY MOUNT QUESTION ANSWERED HERE... U.O.N.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kingback View Post

No need to shout ^^

But we'll have to wait for the new patch notes
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Like I said earlier, it is not engineer only atm. I can use it perfectly fine on my other chars (that dont have engineering).
    It would also render the herbalism bonus useless unless you are engineer and herbalist :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Awwwww yisss Motha fuckin mobile suits. Eng only plz
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm137 View Post

stop saying they will change the mats, theres been nothing from blizz about the mats changing, yes ptr is subject to change but that doesnt mean the mats WILL change

theres currently no way to bypass the 30 day limit and 30 days is enough to keep the price up because the vast majority of wow players dont have enough commitment to wait for 30 days

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    stop saying they will change the mats, theres been nothing from blizz about the mats changing, yes ptr is subject to change but that doesnt mean the mats WILL change

theres currently no way to bypass the 30 day limit and 30 days is enough to keep the price up because the vast majority of wow players dont have enough commitment to wait for 30 days
    Do you seriously believe this thing will be crafted with only putting about 12k worth of mats into it? I mean seriously? For anyone that is crafting this for themselves you cannot count the 30 days putting any sort of value on it, you are going to be playing those 30 days anyway because of the new patch, if for whatever reason you can't spend 30secs a day making the mat then obviously you didn't want the mount much anyway.

The only time you can put any value into the price it's going to be going for is when you try selling it off in trade or on the ah and I can guarantee you are not going to be getting people to pay the 50k+ any of you think when the base cost of mats aren't even 15k. This will have additional mats to it and I will be here to say "I told you so" the moment they add more. As a mount collector and as someone who has played WoW for 5 years now I can say without a doubt blizz has never and will never put this much effort into a mount without some kind of catch(30 days is not a catch when you are going to be playing anyway). They will never put this much effort into something like this just to hand it out for the laughable cost of 12k and logging in for 30secs a day to do your cd.

Time=effort=gold.

Blizzard wouldn't put both a 30 day wait AND a huge gold cost on it as well. From their point of view the time it takes to craft is enough of a downside to not have it cost loads of of gold. Blizzard don't consider it to be 30seconds work a day, they just see it as 30 whole days (because that's how the players see it).

They won't add Orbs of Mystery without removing the 1day cooldown from the energy source (which they would not do). At most they could add Spirits of Harmony but unless it requires something like 50 spirits it would just be pointless. If they were going to add anything they probably would have done it by now anyway.

Couple of questions.

1. Where does one obtain the pattern for this mount in the ptr ( if it is currently available)
    and
    2. Where does one learn how to craft Jard's Reculiar Energy Sources? Are they drops from random mobs around the world, a drop from raid trash, or maybe even a boss?

Thank you =D

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Tumble View Post
    Couple of questions.

1. Where does one obtain the pattern for this mount in the ptr ( if it is currently available)
    and
    2. Where does one learn how to craft Jard's Reculiar Energy Sources? Are they drops from random mobs around the world, a drop from raid trash, or maybe even a boss?

Thank you =D
    Lv90 mobs have a chance to drop a special container that only engineers can loot. Inside it are the plans for the mount, the energy source and a pet - you get all three plans from a single drop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Combined with the mace that looks like a hand-held drill, I'm gonna be piercing the heavens soon.

WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM?!

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Lv90 mobs have a chance to drop a special container that only engineers can loot. Inside it are the plans for the mount, the energy source and a pet - you get all three plans from a single drop.
    Thank you. While I was waiting I went and did a lot more digging. I also jumped onto the PTR to check out what I had found information wise, and while on my way to kill the mob that drops [Schematic: Chief Engineer Jard's Journal], I happened up on http://www.wowhead.com/npc=69435 And he dropped it for me first go, inside was the schematic for the mount, the energy source, a pet, and an upgrade for a cooking bag.

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    30days of stockpiling to make that mount will surely be more than 60k tbh, Just due to the time itll take
    Not on large servers like mine. Time is valued very low into prices where I play. Avaibility and market cost of the raw mats ultimately determine the price since there's such a vast supply of items.

Buying raw mats to later craft something, will only net you a small profit, if any. But this mount will of course cost in the range of several hundred thousand gold the first hours it's available, but I think it'll go down below 100k within only a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    Not on large servers like mine. Time is valued very low into prices where I play. Avaibility and market cost of the raw mats ultimately determine the price since there's such a vast supply of items.

Buying raw mats to later craft something, will only net you a small profit, if any. But this mount will of course cost in the range of several hundred thousand gold the first hours it's available, but I think it'll go down below 100k within only a few days.
    You do realize it takes 30days to make 1 mount, there is as of right now no way around the daily cool down, and the energy source is bop. Most people will be making this mount for themselves before they ever try to sell one. I know I'm going to have to make 3 before I can sell one for money.
    Last edited by Tumble; 2013-06-29 at 04:42 AM.

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry

im training up engineering and im just wondering, does it matter whether i take goblin or gnomish engineering when it comes to making this mount and if they do add one or the other is there anyway to switch?

Quote Originally Posted by meoni View Post
    Shredders... WoW mounts in disguise :P http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYSuAZOjYkQ

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    im training up engineering and im just wondering, does it matter whether i take goblin or gnomish engineering when it comes to making this mount and if they do add one or the other is there anyway to switch?
    Considering that there's only one mech-suit revealed, I don't think there's a difference in your choice. Unliked the other two engineering mounts, which depends on your speciality. But this one, only one revealed, so I think just engineering in general.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..