Computer Build questions *please help*

Hi, I recently ordered parts for a computer I'm building. I put it all together and didn't have any problems until i tried to get the computer to connect to a monitor. I tried multiple monitors and that didn't seem to be the problem. The main thing I noticed was a red light where it says CPU LED, after taking out and putting back in all the parts I couldn't find anything specifically wrong. After reading up on the red CPU LED light I thought it might have something to do with the CPU not being compatible, or being to new, for the motherboard. If anyone could help me out with this it would be greatly appreciated.
    Here are my current specs. Let me know if you have any questions.

Motherboard: ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 AM3+ AMD 990X SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
    Video Card: ASUS GTX660-DC2O-2GD5 GeForce GTX 660 2GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
    Power Supply: OCZ Fatal1ty 750W Modular Gaming 80Plus Bronze Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandy Bridge Core i3 i5 i7 and AMD Phenom
    CPU: AMD A8-5600K Trinity 3.6GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) Socket FM2 100W Quad-Core Desktop APU (CPU + GPU) with DirectX 11 Graphic AMD
    *updated*
    Last edited by cdeaner1424; 2013-07-02 at 12:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You listed the PSU twice, so dont know what CPU you have.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Make sure you connected all the necessary power cables to the motherboard, specifically the 8pin ATX connector in the top left of the motherboard. If the cpu light is staying on then the cpu isn't being initialized.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

All the necessary power cables are connected, checked to make sure it wasn't that a couple times.
    Original post was updated for the CPU mistake.

Well, if you've correctly listed your CPU and motherboard.. your problem probably comes from that your CPU doesn't work with that motherboard. You have a socket FM2 processor, and an AM3+ motherboard.

How did you even get an FM2 to fit into an AM3+? Their pin voids don't even match up
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.