Ra-den 10 man tips: Bursting the red balls.

Any tips on bursting these down? I assume Destro with GoSac and stacking mastery. Should I use backdraft stacks on Chaos Bolts for these?

Deleted
    We just killed him on our fifth attempt yesterday. It was easy. We just ignored those balls and powered through.

Use backdraft stacks only if you are able to get in an extra chaosbolt and it will hit the add. If your raid needs your dps that bad then go for it but if they don't, don't worry about it.

I usually coordinate my Conflags with the orb timer, so that I have 2 stacks of Backdraft just as it spawns. Then I hit my CB macro (/tar Essence of Anima /cast Chaos Bolt) and slap it with a double bolt. With the DPS we have, that is plenty to kill the Orb - in fact, sometimes it'll even be dead before my 2nd CB hits. But since there's a certain degree of randomness involved and people can be out of range, I think it's safest to cast the 2nd one anyway, just in case. So far I haven't been able to SB an orb as it just dies too quickly sub 20% for the server to allow an SB.

Also, you might not even need GoSac on the fight. DPS was a steep requirement back when everyone had 20 ilvl less than they have now, these days you can probably go GoSup without any problems. You can e.g. use the Shivarra, and have an additional knock-back for the Crackling Stalkers, too!

Make a simple /target macro, like so.

/tar Corrupted Anima
    /tar Essence of Anima
    /cast Chaos Bolt

This way all you have to do is turn in the general direction of the ball while spamming this macro and Chaos Bolt will begin casting ASAP.

Also, if you're lucky enough to have a Crackling protector at sub-20% when a ball is spawning - Havoc the ball and shadowburn the add. Fun times.

Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ronic/advanced
    Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/xyronic (Tues-Thurs 7:00 - 11:30 and 12:30 - 3:30 cst)

When there is 2 seconds left until he casts the balls, cast 2x Conflag, havoc on boss or the sparkle add and then cast 2x chaos bolt on the orb, finished with a shadowburn or a 3rd chaos bolt if it is dieing slowly.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Looks like I posted this thread a little prematurely. We adjusted our positioning a little after this, and by the 8th attempt he was dead. Very underwhelming.

Ra-Den is far from a difficult boss. Once you actually get there, most guilds kill it the first night. 4-5 attempt first kills are not uncommon, I'd say 10-15 is the average.

Unless of course you try and tank it with a Blood DK, in which case GG.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Ra-Den is far from a difficult boss. Once you actually get there, most guilds kill it the first night. 4-5 attempt first kills are not uncommon, I'd say 10-15 is the average.

Unless of course you try and tank it with a Blood DK, in which case GG.
    Suffered through that last night for our first kill. Took 29 attempts. =/

For balls I would just save a conflag then Conflag->CB, Incin till dead. I'd advise against GoSac as the balls don't refund embers (but the stalkers do).

Another option for ball damage is demo w' gosac. Especially if you mainspec demo. This gives you quite a bit more damage on the boss and probably 80-85%'ish of dest:gosac's dmg on orbs. Also lets you use AV for more free damage since you can use ToC if you get caught moving when balls spawn. At least a solid option for when the raid gets a higher ilvl. Carrion swam can be unglyphed for another short'ish cd knockback.

How do you burst on orbs as Demo? MC SF in Meta? Is that enough? Even critting they don't hit particularly hard... It's not like boss damage is actually that relevant for raid success. We literally killed it the first time we got to last phase, it's an absolute joke. The *only* thing to worry about is orb damage - it looks like going Demo just adds more RNG because you're carried by other DPS, and if they happen to be out of range because of vita soaking, things can go awry.

I suppose it depends on your setup. If you're 10m, it's much harder to get carried by DPS, and much more dangerous in case one of the high bursters is caught out of range. In 25m, or with a sick burst setup in 10m, it's probably easier for other DPS to compensate, so you can up your boss damage. This can be a good thing for the raid, but I would make doubly sure that it's actually the case before attempting this. For anyone asking in this thread about WTF to do, it's probably not a good idea; kill it a few times as Destro, and then you can worry about trying other stuff.

First kill on Ra Den I wouldn't be anything but destro gosac w' full mastery reforge....no doubt.

As far as subsequent kills when the raid has more gear demo sac is a reasonable option. Though it really depends on your offspec (for a demo mainspec). You can pretty much demo everything but primordius (or jin rok if you care).

I want to say my (demo/gosac/AV) meta soulfires without any procs/cd's were in the low 300K's each with proc/CD ones being north of 500K. I'm 14.2K'ish haste and about 8.5K mastery atm so not even close to a maxed setup. Still you can land 3x-4x soulfires per orb for the most part. On our last kill I came in just behind the 2 top spriests and ahead of everyone else (not that they were trying/spec'd for it) using the demo gosac thing. One lock was demo w' a pet and the other aff so its not like we were min/maxing for it.

You pretty much use the macro outlined above just put in soulfire. Make sure you have enough DF and enough SF charges. ToC if you have to move or don't have time for another soulfire. Not much to it besides that. You can try chaoswave but I don't think its necessarily worth it vs soulfire but if you don't have the SF charges its definitely a stronger option than ToC.