Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Sort of a necro here but what sort of program do these people use to automatically prevent a playerf« from bidding?

I mean, i see a legendary item that starts out low and 5 to 6 hours later it's almost at a mil. Still acceptable for someone on a low budget. But when one tries to bid, you just get a ton of "Bid is too low", so you just end up raising the mininum for the item because some sort of program prevents that.
    I believe what is happening to you is this: Someone sees an item listed at vendor price of 2k, he really wants it so he bids 1,000,000. You see the item but it still just shows 2k as the current price. You bid and use the default amount that pops up of say 2.2k, his bid of 1m is still more, and you will get that message and the listed bid goes up to the 2.2k. You can keep bidding it up with default bid/random prices and will never beat him until it gets to over 1m.

If you do a high starting bid like that and they never outbid you, you get refunded the gold, i.e. you bid 1m, they bid it up to 200k, you get 800k back.

Lots of items get put up for vendor/low bids with no buyouts. A lot will wait until the timer gets to <1 minute to bid on them. To try and avoid getting 'sniped' try using odd amounts, for instance they will usually bid in even amounts like 250k, so a bid of 251k can secure it, or bid a large amount that you feel comfortable paying in full, just in case they do bid you up that far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah man i don't think so.

For example right now, im trying to outbid someone on Inna's Favor and it seems to me that the price keeps going up only through my bids.

I close the AH window, re-open it, re bid and it's too low. Same move again and same result. By the time im done, the item is at a price i don't feel like paying.

Another example is like having an item at 200k and even bidding liike 400 ou 500k on it is still not enough, despite the highest bid remaining at 200k.

For example right now, im trying to outbid someone on Inna's Favor and it seems to me that the price keeps going up only through my bids.

I close the AH window, re-open it, re bid and it's too low. Same move again and same result. By the time im done, the item is at a price i don't feel like paying.

Another example is like having an item at 200k and even bidding liike 400 ou 500k on it is still not enough, despite the highest bid remaining at 200k.
    Because that's how the AH works. It's not a bot.

As the poster above said, someone could see an item they really want and be willing to pay 1 Billion for it, so instead of getting into a bidding war with someone, they just bid 1 Billion. It doesn't mean the item jumps straight to 1 Billion, it's just every bid will be "too low" until someone comes along and bids higher than 1 Billion... if no one does, the original bidder wins.

Make sense??

It's more of a standing Auction... you bid the highest you're willing to pay, the AH then "auto-bids" for you to stay on top, until your max bid is beaten, or you win.

Deleted
    Actually it's surprising how little Blizzard cares about bots. They're a huge and depending on who you ask, well respected so they should care more, right? Even when leaving all the assumptions and conspiracy theories aside, how is it possible that their official forum was literally spammed with gold selling ads and some of them remained there for days? If they don't care about that then why would they care about it in the game where it's not as apparent and visible?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    Because that's how the AH works. It's not a bot.

As the poster above said, someone could see an item they really want and be willing to pay 1 Billion for it, so instead of getting into a bidding war with someone, they just bid 1 Billion. It doesn't mean the item jumps straight to 1 Billion, it's just every bid will be "too low" until someone comes along and bids higher than 1 Billion... if no one does, the original bidder wins.

Make sense??

It's more of a standing Auction... you bid the highest you're willing to pay, the AH then "auto-bids" for you to stay on top, until your max bid is beaten, or you win.
    Well if that's the case, it's still damn annoying, to be there 5 mins bidding and bidding with no result. Should just update it automatically to the highest bid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I make people mad View Post
    I actually logged in to fuck around and I got 9 request from farm bots it was a great time most of the ''WALMART D3'' or some shit like that lol hell every time I login actually I get AT LEAST 3-5 spam request from these fucking bot things.
    Don't forget that once they /who you or what ever in D3 your bnet gets thrown into their spam invites 4 gold selling database and you get invites for D3 gold even when you're on wow.

- - - Updated - - -

the bid price you see goes up a certain percent. you can take advantage of this by trying to up-bid that percent until you finally see a number that doesnt line up with that percent so the other guy winning gets no gold back.

When you bid, always bid the max you are willing to bid. Dont low ball it.

When said bid is placed, leave it, and come back as its running back or completely forget about it. I always do this, no stress
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Blizz doesn't care about bots because you already gave them your money for the game. I'm sure they will magically ruin all bots around the time of an expansion and then a few weeks/months later bots will be back again and they won't do anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    I always wondered how you can see bots IN a game where you can't see them ...

Again: HC proves that an AH within D3 can work perfectly. You only need a mechanic to reset the offered goods like HC does. The offer on the SC AH has nothing to do with bots, but is the result of 14 months of grinding with multi million players and ONE region wide AH.

I would argue it is not the people dying and removing of goods aspect that makes the AH work on hardcore but more the fact Hardcore has NO RMAH

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Klein View Post
    I would argue it is not the people dying and removing of goods aspect that makes the AH work on hardcore but more the fact Hardcore has NO RMAH
    I really think the difference the RMAH makes is grossly overstated.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Klein View Post
    I am glad you noticed that the AH works very well in hardcore

It proves that an in game AH works in a dungeon grinder, along with crafting and looting.

Of course the constantly reset of gear due to deaths is a factor. But I don't think the absence of a RMAH is a reason that it works as DOZENS of websites sell HC gold too.

... nevertheless the HC AH works AND adds a resource management to the grinding system.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    You dont even need to use a third-party site.

Just visit the official forums and you'll find 100 "WTS HC gold for SC gold 1:3 ratio" -threads.
    When I stopped playing SC I just converted all my SC gold to HC and continued from there :P

Basically you could just buy tons of cheap SC gold off the RMAH and just convert it to HC by using on of the traders.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I..entered this thread thinking about WoW. I think my head hurts. In all seriousness, I wouldn't know. All I'm going to say is. RMAH, evil must be purged.
    The RMAH has nothing to do with it. D2 doesn't have one and the spam bots are terrible.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Deleted
    There are no programs that can do that.

Deleted
    If you can't beat em, join them! -blizz

Get your 50 dollar bot today in the blizzard store!