Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    Yeah because you don't deserve it in terms of overpowering the content like the mid tier people w/e type of tier people who do it in the current expansion still deserve it because they progressed that boss dying to X amount of times yada yada but fucking doing it in the next expansion and stuff? Fuck no you don't deserve it but hey that's just me being a D bag / special snow flake person It's just an opinion. They haven't removed shit in awhile so most of the top tier raider adapt to it and still cling on to the past such as myself

/hug Death's Demise
    You know that achievements have dates on them, right?

By your logic, raids should just be removed once their patch is over, because no one will deserve anything from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Raintola View Post

By your logic, raids should just be removed once their patch is over, because no one will deserve anything from them.
    Who cares about the dates in all honesty. Unless you have like a competition with other guilds / players for that tier, you probably wouldn't care about the date

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Nobody really gives a shit about the whole dates on the achievement thing people want to stand out in terms of top tier raiders why do you think they do that? It's how you stand out that's the core thing here what no top tier raider is going to be like wtf he has storm end LETS GO CHECK THE DATE they don't do that lol they like looking all special most of the time.

Hence special snow flake is actually not exactly a degrading term as many as people think it is lol
    Last edited by Resentful; 2013-07-07 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    Who cares about the dates in all honesty. Unless you have like a competition with other guilds / players for that tier, you probably wouldn't care about the date
    That's my point. If you cared, you'd have a date to reference. Otherwise, it's whatever.

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody really gives a shit about the whole dates on the achievement thing people want to stand out in terms of top tier raiders why do you think they do that?
    So it actually offends you that someone has the same pixels as you, yet they obtained them later? Pretty sad.

If you wanna stand out that badly, you have the date as a reference. If someone else actually cared about your achievements, they'd look it up. If "nobody gives a shit," then why are you complaining?

10+ Year Old Account
    That's my point. If you cared, you'd have a date to reference. Otherwise, it's whatever.

- - - Updated - - -

So it actually offends you that someone has the same pixels as you, yet they obtained them later? Pretty sad.

If you wanna stand out that badly, you have the date as a reference. If someone else actually cared about your achievements, they'd look it up. If "nobody gives a shit," then why are you complaining?
    It's not sad It's how pride works for most people well I can't exactly speak for most top tier raiders as for myself I stopped caring for awhile since nobody will have title rather unlikely within the future generation of players.

Now as for newer people? They don't really get anything maybe the 100% heroic mount that's it really as I've stated before.

It's not sad It's how pride works for most people well I can't exactly speak for most top tier raiders as for myself I stopped caring for awhile since nobody will have title rather unlikely within the future generation of players.

Now as for newer people? They don't really get anything maybe the 100% heroic mount that's it really as I've stated before.
    You still have the dates, which signify that you obtained the achievements at gear-level/when they were relevant/whatever. It's no different than having the title when everyone else doesn't.

As for newer people, they can get everything from most raids except for whatever Realm First! achievements/titles. They can still get the gear, most of the mounts, pets, etc. That's hardly "they don't really get anything."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boblet View Post
    I look at dates plenty. It's funny you mentioned Death's Demise in your first post but that title could technically still be available today, though highly unlikely. But many servers didn't see kills for months, or even until the next year with two full tiers of gear later.

Honestly, if I see somebody with a Death's Demise any later than August 09 it just looks cheapened.
    Cheapened yet they still did that shit within the current expansion that's the entire point of it and honestly I really can't see how most top tier people WOULD WANNA check on the achievements I honestly can't believe that like really.

Anyways It's good to have a discussion with people not raging and be like HOLY FUCK YOU AREN'T SPECIAL GET OVA YO SELF WOOOOOOOO I haven't had one in awhile.

Cheapened yet they still did that shit within the current expansion that's the entire point of it and honestly I really can't see how most top tier people WOULD WANNA check on the achievements I honestly can't believe that like really.

Anyways It's good to have a discussion with people not raging and be like HOLY FUCK YOU AREN'T SPECIAL GET OVA YO SELF WOOOOOOOO I haven't had one in awhile.
    The sentiment is there I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyd View Post
    If the keep the titles for the duration of the associated expansion you really don't need that much time to get it, much less raid competitively, just a bit of effort in terms of reading up on the fight/fights and making sure you're decently geared, which shouldn't be a problem once the content is 1-2 patches old.
    Devils advocate here a second...suppose you are in a guild...we'll call them <Bunnies go HoP>...and you really really like the people there, its a good atmosphere, raiding isnt what you guys are best at...but hey, you clear content before the next patch and thats what counts right? Now to get "title of the OP this patch" you need to do heroics...you like having cool sounding titles, but you dont want to ditch all your friends and the people you enjoy playing with to go to <Bunnies go Fuck You Bosses> to get it..so...do you leave the guild you in to get those titles? or do you eventually quit the game because you get frustrated at not being able to collect titles with guildies the next xpac as something to do on offnights because Blizz took them out to make a small % of people feel special? As a related sidenote, I got almost every title in the game, during the time it was relevant...

If they made titles able to get based solely on solo effort and skill, then by all means remove them at the end of a tier...as long as you need a solid group/guild to get them....keep em around imo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boblet View Post
    I don't know, once you're 30+ item levels over the original tuning it doesn't really matter if you kill it in that expansion or not, the fights would be pretty trivial.

I have no problem with removing titles after their content cycle or expansion, but their original implementation of realm firsts was terrible because even people within your guild could get fucked over.
    True.

Going in to ulduar in full icc or icc hardmode gear to get Death's Demise is a fucking joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scvd View Post
    Like a lot of people who zerged Yogg for Deaths Demise in 277 ICC gear.
    Just saying.
    They still had to do mechanics and such that couldn't really be ignored in addition the fight was overly nerfed a bunch of times regardless lol my point it was still current content at that current time. Death's demise was just an example lets use another one Heroic Ragnaros.
    Last edited by Resentful; 2013-07-08 at 01:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They still had to do mechanics and such that couldn't really be ignored in addition the fight was overly nerfed a bunch of times regardless lol my point it was still current content at that current time. Death's demise was just an example lets use another one Heroic Ragnaros.

And under your same augment people still have to do the mechanics for allot of the fights that award titles from cata and wotlk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    And under your same augment people still have to do the mechanics for allot of the fights that award titles from cata and wotlk
    Elaborate will you? I'll counter in a bit though I have a dota game to attend too ~
    Last edited by Resentful; 2013-07-08 at 01:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Elaborate will you? I'll counter in a bit though I have a dota game to attend too ~

from what you said about Yogg in icc gear was "They still had to do mechanics and such that couldn't really be ignored"

Quite a few fights from cata you still have to do the mechanics.

Doing it at a higher level or doing it in gear from higher content is still Cheesing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    from what you said about Yogg in icc gear was "They still had to do mechanics and such that couldn't really be ignored"

Quite a few fights from cata you still have to do the mechanics.

Doing it at a higher level or doing it in gear from higher content is still Cheesing it.
    Yeah but not truly breaking the dam fight would it now like completely ignoring every single thing out there people still wipe to it / still progress through the thing while in the next expansion X people can get it simply by completely overpowering it completely.

Example Heroic Ragnaros until the geyser nerf which was stupid but that's a different tale people in DS gear still wiped to that shit no matter if they were good or fucking terrible just fucking up a simple mechanic fucked you over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah because you don't deserve it in terms of overpowering the content like the mid tier people w/e type of tier people who do it in the current expansion still deserve it because they progressed that boss dying to X amount of times yada yada but fucking doing it in the next expansion and stuff? Fuck no you don't deserve it but hey that's just me being a D bag / special snow flake person It's just an opinion. They haven't removed shit in awhile so most of the top tier raider adapt to it and still cling on to the past such as myself

/hug Death's Demise
    Ive never gotten an end game title while it was current and i kind of agree with you. Getting the fire lord title should be about prestige and honor not zergging the boss. I think that starting in 5.4 flex mode titles should give a different title to normal/heroic that's considered lesser. Like instead of Kingslayer it would have been something different associated with killing the lich king in an easier difficulty. You can still rp but wont get the prestige you didn't earn. When a new expansion comes out, all titles from normal/heroic mode will be removed and the old flex mode title would fill its place so people still have titles to get, but the people who earned the harder titles get to be special.

lets use another one Heroic Ragnaros.
    Dunno about you, but that one was available while current on my server for 100k if memory serves me right. You didn't even need to read on tacts: just show up, pay and die on the spot.
    The mere concept of deserving stuff more than others is revolting to say the least. To each their sense of acomplishment, I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    Personally I just don't use my raid titles, when a new Tier is being released. Cause that's when people will go back and faceroll it with way more gear than was ever intended. I'll be using my Storm's End until the SoO is released or at least when the top guilds gets their new titles, at that point nobody gives a shit about an old title that everyone can go back and stomp.
    I use the heroic tier title for as long as the tier is current then swap to hand of a'dal or champion of ulduar for the start of next tier. Being able to overpower titles removes all prestige from them until you end up with Twilight Vanqisher. (One of the most common titles in the game as of now).
    I'm fine with them not removing the titles as patches go on. I have my hand of a'dal, other people don't. If someone's using storms end in 5.4 and they don't have the cutting edge feat, then good on them for needing to outgear the content by 30ilvls, I'm sure the title will serve them well.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Devils advocate here a second...suppose you are in a guild...we'll call them <Bunnies go HoP>...and you really really like the people there, its a good atmosphere, raiding isnt what you guys are best at...but hey, you clear content before the next patch and thats what counts right? Now to get "title of the OP this patch" you need to do heroics...you like having cool sounding titles, but you dont want to ditch all your friends and the people you enjoy playing with to go to <Bunnies go Fuck You Bosses> to get it..so...do you leave the guild you in to get those titles? or do you eventually quit the game because you get frustrated at not being able to collect titles with guildies the next xpac as something to do on offnights because Blizz took them out to make a small % of people feel special? As a related sidenote, I got almost every title in the game, during the time it was relevant...

If they made titles able to get based solely on solo effort and skill, then by all means remove them at the end of a tier...as long as you need a solid group/guild to get them....keep em around imo
    People are quitting the game over titles? I think that's a bit absurd lol. I think the point is, if the new guild sucks, why not join another guild that does harder content too? That's what a lot of people do. Also, this next patch they are pretty much making the glory mount easily attainable, between LFR and flex raid, gear will be easier then ever to get...... how much more do you want? Seriously, think about it this way, if RFC started giving a title for clearing it that had something cool like "Bloody Destroyer", but it was still just a bunch of lvl 15 mobs... don't you agree that the title gets watered down? What's so different with this case?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    People do it though, it's why I only use a title for the duration of the tier when it's relevant.
    I do this, generally, though I consider "relevance" to be the lifetime of the expansion.

Though most of my displayed titles are either profession or rep-related, or long daily grind titles (like Flamebreaker or Stormbreaker).