Am I reforging and gemming correctly?

Sort of new to the class after switching from my Rogue. If someone could take a look, I'd appreciate it. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ughin/advanced

Also, I have a question. As Destruction, I'm using GoSup and stacking Haste. On a fight like Jin'Rokh where my pet doesn't benefit, am I better off going GoSac WITH my GoSup reforges or just not changing to GoSac at all? (I'd really rather not reforge for it)

Thanks in advance!

Made by Rivellana

for destruction you need crit.

and you ca sacrifice with out reforging
    Be feared, or be fuel

Deleted
    Your pet does benefit on Jinrokh mate, only guardians (Wild Imps/Doom-Terrorguard) don't benefit from the pool buff.

For destruction mastery is a pretty solid stat, (very strong for AoE, still good for single target)
    Where the benefit of haste is mostly single target

Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    Your pet does benefit on Jinrokh mate, only guardians (Wild Imps/Doom-Terrorguard) don't benefit from the pool buff.
    Oh wow, didn't know that. Like I said, very new to this.

I've been GoSac and stacking mastery since I hit 90, and it's worked fine for me. I'm typically the top DPS in LFR and any pugs I do, but I recently got back to raiding and decided to go more casual than last tier. My DPS felt lacking in the run I did with the guild this past week, which is why I decided to make the switch. If I don't want to reforge for every fight, what stat weights should I be looking at for ToT overall?

Made by Rivellana

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PoBloodhoof View Post
    Oh wow, didn't know that. Like I said, very new to this.

I've been GoSac and stacking mastery since I hit 90, and it's worked fine for me. I'm typically the top DPS in LFR and any pugs I do, but I recently got back to raiding and decided to go more casual than last tier. My DPS felt lacking in the run I did with the guild this past week, which is why I decided to make the switch. If I don't want to reforge for every fight, what stat weights should I be looking at for ToT overall?
    Well imo Mastery would be a pretty solid choice, because it's so good on fights with AoE or adds, and in single target is also quite strong.

GoSac is generally only worth it on fights like Horridon/Primordius where you can get way more embers with RoF spam then on normal fights.

It's also worth to check out the destruction sticky on the top of the forum

The reason I went with the reforges I did is because I ran a sim to see what my stat weights are. I guess it doesn't take into account most add fights, though. If I WERE to reforge for every fight (disregarding gemming), haste for single target, mastery for add fights?

Made by Rivellana

Deleted
    You can click sorts of fight when you sim.

But yeah that's my rule of thumb.

Haste > Single
    Mastery > Multi

Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    Haste > Single
    Mastery > Multi
    2 or less Haste, else Master

Deleted
    F**k all that shizzle, just get a ton of mastery for this tier. There's so much AoE/cleaving fights anyway.

The DPS decrease from not going haste-crit on single target is not much enough to bother, in my humble opinion. It might be in other peoples opinions though.
    However, I suppose you could reforge between fights if you feel the need for that.
    But as you said you "rather not reforge for it" I'll take it you don't really want to do alot of reforging, which luckily for you isn't necessary if you go for mastery, which also scales quite well with gear overall.

Quote Originally Posted by forsworn View Post
    2 or less Haste, else Master
    What do you mean by this?

Made by Rivellana

Quote Originally Posted by PoBloodhoof View Post
    What do you mean by this?
    When there are 2 or less targets in the fight Haste is better than Mastery. When there are more than 2 targets Mastery is better than Haste.

But as said before, just going Mastery>Haste>Crit in t15 you should do quite well on most of the fights.

So I should stick to a mastery build with GoSup?

Made by Rivellana

Deleted
    as destro you cant really go wrong with stacking mastery for both single target and multitarget dps, what Iru said is pretty much spot on, so yes, stack mastery, even with GoSup. ofc you should still have a little haste, shouldnt remove it all from your char. what i would do is replace all your haste gems with mastery versions and then reforge as much as you can into mastery and then try to keep your haste in a comfortable area which is whatever amount of haste you feel comfortable with, i felt the most comfortable around 5-6k haste, but that was just me.

Heres my armory link
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rujaz/advanced

Am I doing this right?

I am using askmrrobot for optimizing and it's giving me by default Crit > Haste >mastery

itemization for destro this expansion has been a roller coaster ride. instead of depending on your spec, its more based on your ilvl.

for destro its basically been this in my experience :

Early to mid gear (450-489 ilvl or so) crit/mastery/haste sim very close to each other. (assuming hit capped).
    489-520 ilvl gear your pumping haste and crit above mastery.
    530+ ilvl, your back to pumping mastery then crit, then haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    itemization for destro this expansion has been a roller coaster ride. instead of depending on your spec, its more based on your ilvl.

for destro its basically been this in my experience :

Early to mid gear (450-489 ilvl or so) crit/mastery/haste sim very close to each other. (assuming hit capped).
    489-520 ilvl gear your pumping haste and crit above mastery.
    530+ ilvl, your back to pumping mastery then crit, then haste.
    Is this confirmed?

Quote Originally Posted by Shockymonkey View Post
    Is this confirmed?
    It's generally correct. Yes. Warlock reforges change depending upon the gear your using and wether or not you have UVLS lol.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    It's generally correct. Yes. Warlock reforges change depending upon the gear your using and wether or not you have UVLS lol.
    UVLS dosnt really counter in as destruction though.

And from what i remember coming from Brusiak, haste is best on single target and mastery on mutliple targets or fights where you have insane ember generation (i.e. Primordius). But only way to know best for your current gear is to use simcraft and see what the numbers turn out.

I have always gone for mastery over haste and done competeteive damage compared to the rest of my raid. Just recently i changed it to go for the 8100 break point for demonology since i got UVLS, and cba reforging between each fight. My guild isnt that hardcore that it matters much and i still do among the best dps in our group still.

I have tried a crit build a raid or two, but that dosnt seem to give me any more actual DPS then i do with my mastery/haste build.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockymonkey View Post
    Is this confirmed?
    generally for destro this tier, when in doubt, stack mastery, is the way to go. the fact that there are so many multitarget fights means that mastery will reign supreme on pretty much any and all fights in ToT, yes haste is best for single(in 5.3 atleast) but how many single target fights are there in ToT? not many, so unless you want to reforge between most fights(and who wants that tbh) you should just stack mastery, the amount of haste doesnt really matter.