Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Why is getting in a raid team near impossible atm?

I raided hardcore in Vanilla up until WOTLK. Was casual during Cata due to work, and took a break in MoP.

Work schedule is now stable again and would like to raid hardcore again, yet I am getting blocked by bad RNG in the LFR, and it is taking forever to do grind these 40 reps (exaggeration, I know.)

All guilds expect 520+ ilvl, are they mad?

I am 505 atm, and I am outdpsing people with 520 in heroics/scenarios/LFR, why don't guilds accept me just because of the ilvl, what happened to skill?

i honestly feel like unsubbing, I fill out applications very seriously and am very thorough, just to get literally insulted and laughed at in the comments section of my app by guild officers because of my ilvl.

What has happened to WoW?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Prove you're good not exactly a hard concept WoL logs yada yada but mostly WoL logs with that being said your entire history also contributes to a decent tier guild's application thing. People aren't just going outright believe your fucking amazing without any evidence OP.

Depends what type of guild you're applying for. If you're trying to get into a heroic guild right now then you probably won't, if you're trying to get into a normal guild then they're stupid. 505 is plenty for normal mode, and probably some heroic, but if you're looking to jump right into heroics I don't really blame them for not taking you.

Yes, sometimes gear =/= skill, but they have no way of knowing that, and if they're doing heroics they aren't going to want to gear you up first.

If you're applying to guilds that are still progressing through normal, then they're just stupid.

Just post logs if they are laughing at your ilvl, prove them wrong. It's pointless to say oh I have a bad ilvl but than expect for people to give you a chance, you got to prove to them that you deserve that spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Wounds View Post
    Just post logs if they are laughing at your ilvl, prove them wrong. It's pointless to say oh I have a bad ilvl but than expect for people to give you a chance, you got to prove to them that you deserve that spot.
    Good point, I didn't think of that. I'll post logs, and hopefully they won't use an excuse like "lol those are LFR logs and are useless to us."

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by QuinthalasKT View Post
    Good point, I didn't think of that. I'll post logs, and hopefully they won't use an excuse like "lol those are LFR logs and are useless to us."
    I can imagine top tier guilds using that excuse but mid tier ones? Doubtful

Good luck

10+ Year Old Account
    Like other people have stated, do a LFR/Pug and record with logs, post them in the app and BAM, Accepted or declined.

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post

Good luck
    Having raided top tier I fully expect it from them, hahaha. Fortunately, I plan to work my way back via mid tier (which I think they won't have an elitist stick all too far up their 'you know where'.)

As others have said, logs can help. The general normal mode raiding pool has taken a hit with a lot of servers going to the dumps as well. For the gear thing, normal mode tuning is tighter now than Cata. Guilds also moved to 10 man which means less room for slack and trials. I recently talked with some guilds after seeing a bunch of posters complain that applications are required by every guild and all that exclusionist jazz and I had offers if I was able to get my gear up by LFR.

Logs can provide proof that you can perform at least to a certain level that they can compare with to even LFR if any of them do it which they probably will.

Quote Originally Posted by Dairyking101 View Post
    Like other people have stated, do a LFR/Pug and record with logs, post them in the app and BAM, Accepted or declined.
    Aye, will do. It should improve my odds to have tangible proof that I can hold my own with a slightly lesser ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post

Good luck
    I doubt even a top tier guild would make that excuse even, maybe a low, low tier guild, because if you are doing the fight right and pulling big numbers than the high tier guild will see that and know you're not cheesing the fight, while the low tier guild might not fully know the fight and assume you are just cheesing the fight. But to fix that from happening posting a video of yourself doing the fight would help.

Deleted
    You get an ilevel ~515 alone with Shadow Pan Assault Gear wich is easy to rep with LFR, the daily 1k rep with doin scen + dungeon (dunno if theres a farm quest to rep shadow pan assault too...)

You should be able to hit 515-520 ilevel pretty easily by getting crafted gear/valor gear in addition to LFR stuff, so keep working on that.

But as other said, use parses to solidify your claims of being skilled. If the logs are still lower-end, because you lack gear, post a comparison of Simcraft to your logs. Some classes do decent at lower ilevels and shoot up after some big gear upgrades come their way.

Also be sure to be running heroic scenarios regularly, as the 516 gear is nothing to laugh at if you're primarily in LFR gear.

It also might have something you do with your class/spec. For instance, are you playing as an Arms Warrior? That might get some chuckles from some groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    You get an ilevel ~515 alone with Shadow Pan Assault Gear wich is easy to rep with LFR, the daily 1k rep with doin scen + dungeon (dunno if theres a farm quest to rep shadow pan assault too...)
    You get 1k valor a week, the main pieces are 2250, that's nearly 3 weeks for one piece and that's for capping 1k valor which is already very time consuming, plus you can't pick Shado Pan Assault with the extra rep at the end of scenarios and dungeons. It takes around 8 weeks I think to get to exalted.

You have to remember that just because you're outdpsing some people with ilvl 520 in heroics/scenarios/LFR, that doesn't mean much. As Apathy mentioned, WoL is the clear, best way to show you belong.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's always hard to get into a good guild mid- to late expansion if you are behind in gear since they want people who will actually useful to them on progression raids, which you won't be with an item lvl that low.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Wounds View Post
    I doubt even a top tier guild would make that excuse even, maybe a low, low tier guild, because if you are doing the fight right and pulling big numbers than the high tier guild will see that and know you're not cheesing the fight, while the low tier guild might not fully know the fight and assume you are just cheesing the fight. But to fix that from happening posting a video of yourself doing the fight would help.
    It is LFR, what do you mean do the fights right? You can get general idea on someone but in no way can you get a solid view of a person's Dps in a faceroll instance like LFR.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you haven't already killed the bosses that the guild you want to join wants to kill, what exactly do you think you can contribute?

If you're not doing better DPS than the people in the guild you want to join, what exactly do you think you can contribute?

If you're not better geared than the people in the guild you want to join, what exactly do you think you can contribute?

If you're not better, period, than the people in the guild you are hoping to join, why would they want you?

If the problem the guild you want to join has is anything other than "we can't find more than 9 of us under any circumstances for our 10-man raid" then if you aren't better in all respects than the people in that group you can just forget it.

That's pretty much how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    You have to remember that just because you're outdpsing some people with ilvl 520 in heroics/scenarios/LFR, that doesn't mean much. As Apathy mentioned, WoL is the clear, best way to show you belong.
    I know some people that ran LFR only because of rune stones before. THey didnt try and were just doing what they had to do to get through the instance.

Quote Originally Posted by isadorr View Post
    It is LFR, what do you mean do the fights right? You can get general idea on someone but in no way can you get a solid view of a person's Dps in a faceroll instance like LFR.
    If op would put up a WoL regarding a fight on Horridon it would show if he was on add's correctly or cheesing the fight. It's not meant to be a perfect way of how he would do the fight, but it would show to the people doing the application that even though his ILvL is pretty low that he can still be competitive while actually knowing what he is doing from what the logs show. If they wanted a real look as to what he was doing they would probably request a video of them actually doing the fight. It may be faceroll but you can still perform the encounter correctly.